+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada visitor visa from USA

cpatel2056

May 16, 2023
Canada Visitor visa from USA
Applied on April 11, 2023
Submission confirmation: April 12, 2023
Biometrics valid until 2029 from previous visa.
No updates yet even if it's previously issued. Does anyone in USA applied for Canada visitor visa recently being Indian passport holder?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Canada Visitor visa RENEWAL from USA
Applied on April 11, 2023
Submission confirmation: April 12, 2023
Biometrics valid until 2029 from previous visa.
No updates yet even if it's renewal. Does anyone in USA applied for Canada visitor visa renewal recently being Indian passport holder?
There is no such thing as renewal. You are applying for a new TRV. Now, you may be processed under Can+ given you had a previous TRV which means faster processing.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
There is no such thing as renewal

If old visa has expired, you have to apply fresh TRV & show proof of funds, home ties & justify purpose of visit

cpatel2056

May 16, 2023
Yes,
Have applied Fresh TRV visa. Renewal was for Biometrics purpose as it's valid for 10 years. Haven't heard back yet which is unusual. Processing times showing 17 days only. It's been 23 days excluding strike days.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes,
Have applied Fresh TRV visa. Renewal was for Biometrics purpose as it's valid for 10 years. Haven't heard back yet which is unusual. Processing times showing 17 days only. It's been 23 days excluding strike days.
That is just an estimate. Has your application started eligibility review and background check?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Yes,
Processing times are only an average from what I have seen

From personal experience, the status on GC Key is not always accurate. If you can, then do call IRCC and have an agent take a look at your file

cpatel2056

May 16, 2023
Processing times are only an average from what I have seen

From personal experience, the status on GC Key is not always accurate. If you can, then do call IRCC and have an agent take a look at your file
Thanks but unable to call from USA.

GAULOV

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2016
LANDED..........
around sep
Did you hear anything from them? Also i would like to know where to upload the previous canadian visa in the portal?

Karanjit_s88

May 24, 2023
Hey guys , hope all of you are doing well . I am an international student with f1 visa . I recently applied for a Canada visitor visa for me and my wife. Upon submitting the application and paying all the biometric and application fees, my wife received her biometric letter one day after. But I did not receive any biometric request because the website said that I have already given my biometric I remember giving a biometric in 2017 but the website shows 2020 January, but I never gave my biometrics that time so I was very confused. So I’ll attach a screenshot and you can see that there. My name is wrong itself in the portal. It says unknown Karanjot but my name is Karanjit. And it also says that my application has been withdrawn but I have never withdrew it and upon checking on the status checker, they said that my unique ID and my application number is wrong. But when I do the same for my wife, it says the application is in progress, so I’m very very confused please can someone help me with this.

cpatel2056

May 16, 2023
I would say withdraw your current application and file a new application. Sometimes, computer system acts weird and try to do a match with previous application. I would suggest you to put old UCI number from 2017 as well on an application.