+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada student visa taking soo long

Shahzaib6644

Feb 13, 2024
We submitted our application for a Canada student visa on November 24th. It has now been over 12 weeks, and we have not received any response from the authorities yet. Our intake was scheduled for February and it has already begun, however, our application is still pending. We are Afghan students who applied from Pakistan, and we also completed an upfront medical examination. Me and my brothers are under the age of 18 and are minor students

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We submitted our application for a Canada student visa on November 24th. It has now been over 12 weeks, and we have not received any response from the authorities yet. Our intake was scheduled for February and it has already begun, however, our application is still pending. We are Afghan students who applied from Pakistan, and we also completed an upfront medical examination. Me and my brothers are under the age of 18 and are minor students
So you all applied separately for study permits? How many? Secondary or post-secondary? If minor students, you would need a Canadian custodian to take responsibility for you. Do you have one? How much in funds did you show per person?

Shahzaib6644

Feb 13, 2024
so we are two brothers, i am 16 years old and my younger brother is 13 years old. Yes we have a custodian in Canada and we will be in full boarding in school.
We shown a 160,000 CAD for both of us for thecoverage of our educational and living costs, Its now been over 11 weeksand we havn't receieved any decisions yet

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
so we are two brothers, i am 16 years old and my younger brother is 13 years old. Yes we have a custodian in Canada and we will be in full boarding in school.
We shown a 160,000 CAD for both of us for thecoverage of our educational and living costs, Its now been over 11 weeksand we havn't receieved any decisions yet
There is nothing you can do but wait. Some people wait many months. Processing times are when most people get a response not all. Given your profile, you will need to wait. Has your background and eligibility checks been completed? That may take some time to verify all documentation. Since this is high school, talk to school about coming in September since the semester has started.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is nothing you can do but wait. The processing times are estimates.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The fact that you are from Afghanistan and living in Pakistan will already lead to concerns about your application. Having 2 families applying to study will also create concern that you will not return home. 160k will not let both of you finish your high school education so that will also be a concern.

Shahzaib6644

Feb 13, 2024
We are not currently living in Pakistan. My brother and I came here on a tourist visa to process our visa applications, as all the embassies and consulates were closed in Afghanistan. We have also paid 10,000 CAD each , Also the 160,000 CAD which is a significantly higher amount than the yearly fees of both our schools combined. We will be staying in full boarding at the school."

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We are not currently living in Pakistan. My brother and I came here on a tourist visa to process our visa applications, as all the embassies and consulates were closed in Afghanistan. We have also paid 10,000 CAD each , Also the 160,000 CAD which is a significantly higher amount than the yearly fees of both our schools combined. We will be staying in full boarding at the school."
Ultimately there is nothing you can do but wait. There's no way to speed up processing and there can be many reasons why applications take longer to process than posted processing times.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC also looks at your family’s ability to keep paying for your education so you will be able to at least complete high school which is why 160k isn’t that much unless your family is able to keep contributing to their savings every year. The biggest issue is the risk that you will claim asylum. Applications from Pakistan typically take multiple months to be processed and Canada has even less ties with Afghanistan so taking 3-4+ months to process would be fairly typical.