+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Entry and leave before getting PR Card

lookcanada

Dec 18, 2015
On receiving PR, I would like to know if we can visit Canada for a week, perform requisite documentation, apply for PR card and return back to home country. We have our close relatives there. Can we give their address to receive our PR card and they courier back to us ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
lookcanada said:
On receiving PR, I would like to know if we can visit Canada for a week, perform requisite documentation, apply for PR card and return back to home country. We have our close relatives there. Can we give their address to receive our PR card and they courier back to us ?
This is done very frequently. I did the same.

lookcanada

Dec 18, 2015
Thanks a lot Roshantrv83 & Zardoz !!

Any feedback 1 week is good enough and what all need to do done during that time.
I was told by my friend that, all documentation was done in Airport while he landed at Airport. In his case, 1st week was busy week as he had to search accommodation, open bank account, search job etc.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
lookcanada said:
Thanks a lot Roshantrv83 & Zardoz !!

Any feedback 1 week is good enough and what all need to do done during that time.
I was told by my friend that, all documentation was done in Airport while he landed at Airport. In his case, 1st week was busy week as he had to search accommodation, open bank account, search job etc.
I only took 5 days before going home. Long enough to land and get my SIN. I came back to Canada 10 months later to live permanently. That's when I sorted out Health Card and Driving Licence etc.

lookcanada

Dec 18, 2015
Typically 1 year from date of medical check would be date by when we need to Canada, is that correct ?
Do they allow entry beyond 1 year of medical check ?

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I want to do the same thing. I am inland applicant but want to leave canada for a month before getting PR card but after landing so can i change my address for PR card while doing landing or is it safe to parcel the PR card. I read in other threads that it is illegal to do that? Thanks