+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you please help me out - WP TRV issue.

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
Hi All,
I am stuck in a weird situation, can someone suggest me the best course of action?

I have graduated and I have received my PGWP, but I have received my PGWP only until 2024 March, because my passport was expiring in 2024 March. (Ideally, I need to get 3 years of PGWP)
My TRV has expired in March 2023.
Now, I have renewed my passport. I need to leave the country in December for a month. So, do I renew my WP and then renew my TRV, OR do I extend my TRV until 2024 march, apply for WP extension simultaneously and then later reapply for TRV again based on my new WP?

Additional info:
I am Indian, I am employed in Canada.

Thanks in Advance!:)

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I went through a similar situation last year. My advise is:

- Renew your TRV, processing times are really fast right now for TRVs inside Canada (20 days according to IRCC + at least three weeks to send and get your passport back), so you should have it before December. Your TRV will be approved according to your passport's expiration date.
- Travel in December, come back in January (I assume) and immediately apply for your PGWP extension. Make sure you send the application 30+ days before the current one expires.
- Once your current PGWP expires, while you wait for the new one you'll be in maintained status. If you leave the country and come back, you won't be able to continue working until will new WP is approved.

Make sure you explain all this in a letter and submit it with your application. Specially when requesting the extension of your PGWP.

Reactions: naidusuresh36