+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you appeal against a PNP decision?

jimsal

Aug 15, 2009
Hi

Im wondering whether you can appeal against a PNP decision as they have refused our application. We have been in Canada or 5 years and we came out under the skilled workers temporary work permit - my husband is a windshield fitter. THen 18 months ago my husband changed his permit to become a manager with a company that were applying to sponser our application through the Alberta PNP. THey have now refused the application because my husband doesnt process a diploma in management but this isnt a requirement for the job he is doing and if a canadian applied for the job he wouldnt need a diploman. Why would he be issued a temporary work permit for a job that apparently he isnt qualified for? We have been told to apply through the federal process but we are now worried that that will be refused aswell. Looks like he might have to demote himself back to a fitter in order to qualify to be a permanent resident in Canada.

druckers

Jan 5, 2009
AFAIK, you can apply to the federal process. PNP is a special process which is sponsored by the provinces to attract people with specialized skills. And they have a minimum set of requirements and diploma in your husband's field of experise may be one of them.

But in case of federal class, since you already worked in Canada for long time, they would definitely consider that experience and i'm sure they wont reject right away.

Best of luck.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Apply for CEC .. you need 2 years full time and eligible for it. Regarding PNP well I think you need a degree or some diploma for that and your work should be in your field of study I am unsure if it has to do with Canadian can do it or not. Its that you arent eligible for that. Go for CEC you should get it .. and I think CEC is taking less processing time also

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011

depolukunle

Jul 13, 2019
Hello,
I submitted an application to the Alberta Immigration Program(AINP) and during the process my application was being assessed and completed, my work permit expired. Can I appeal/ get a judicial Review because I filled the Reconsideration Request and that was refused also. Can I appeal a decision of a Provincial Nomination? Thanks

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,
I submitted an application to the Alberta Immigration Program(AINP) and during the process my application was being assessed and completed, my work permit expired. Can I appeal/ get a judicial Review because I filled the Reconsideration Request and that was refused also. Can I appeal a decision of a Provincial Nomination? Thanks
The rules for reconsideration are here for the AINP
If any applies , then apply , if they specifically don’t , then you can’t

https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-selection-criteria.aspx