+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we submit Application with a note that Police clearence from UK to follow

AnupamDay

Sep 25, 2009
I have my wife's immigration application ready except for the police clearance report from UK. She got her medical report and police clearance Inida. If I submit the application without the UK Police clearance and add a note that it will be sent in 3 weeks, will the application get delayed in processing? Should we rather wait until we have received the clearence ?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Can we submit Application with a note that Police clearence from UK to follo

Or they simply won't process anything until they get the UK report. Either way, you're no further ahead by sending in an incomplete application. Just wait til you get it.

abgaur

Sep 26, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anupam,
How long does it take to get the police clearance from UK, I mean, when did you send your application ?

We have a similar situation where we need to get a clearance from UK. We will be sending our applicacation Dec-end or Jan-beginning after we get married and we were thinking of sending our UK police clerance applicaiton at this time. I know the certificates has to be within 3 months from the application date.

AnupamDay

Sep 25, 2009
I read at the link for Form that notmally it takes 10 days for processing and courier time in addition to it. Fees is £35. For £70 fees it is 2 days.
http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
We are sending the request with form tomorrow.

abgaur

Sep 26, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that's what we also thought that 10 days of processing time plus roughly additional 20-25 days in postal delays bothways.

Out of curiosity, when are you getting married or already married? Also, are you considering for a TRV sometimes between now and the time your PR applicaiton gets processed?

BUMBLEBEE

Sep 7, 2009
Re: Can we submit Application with a note that Police clearence from UK to follo

AnupamDay said:
I read at the link for Form that notmally it takes 10 days for processing and courier time in addition to it. Fees is £35. For £70 fees it is 2 days.
http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
We are sending the request with form tomorrow.
Word of advice - APCO are SO SLOW !

My husbands was supposed to be received 2nd Aug, but we got it 2nd Sept. A mixture of postal strikes and them.

Mine - i phoned APCO on day 11 when i hadn't received the certificate and they told me that it was being done and posted the next day. It actually arrived another 4 days later.

So my advice is to call on DAY 10 to MAKE SURE it has been sent.

Good luck

AnupamDay

Sep 25, 2009
Abgaur,
Yes we recently got married. We are not planning any major travel. I am a Canadian by birth though living in Dubai intending to return as soon as my wife gets PR.

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi
I was adviced by my immigration consultant to wait for police clearance or to send application with her cover letter mentioning that it will follow. As per her suggestion, it depends on the officer checking your file whether they forward the file for processing or return due to incomplete documents.
Well, I sent my husband's application without his uk police clearence or any mention of it. They did not return my application and my husband's PCC was asked with passport request from Delhi CHC.

abgaur

Sep 26, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nitu,
Did New Delhi CHC ask for police clearance at any point in time? Was your husband's passport stamped when he visited UK?

Also, just curious, wha was your timeline?

Thanks,
A.

murlokk

Oct 5, 2009
Hello,

I did this process with the UK department, i paid the 70 pounds, and they are very quick to respond and send the report.

good luck!

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Nitu82 said:
Hi
I was adviced by my immigration consultant to wait for police clearance or to send application with her cover letter mentioning that it will follow.
Wow, that is very poor advice!!! The checklist specifically tells you to INCLUDE the PCC with your application. Why anyone would advise you to do otherwise is beyond me. You were lucky but I can guarantee you that others will not be.

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi Ariel
I am not saying that one should send it without PCC, if they do have it they should attach it with app. I was only trying to share my experience and what I was adviced.
the immigration consultant is in this field for a long time. If the cover letter mentions that PCC with follow that means they can still process my application to sponsor which had nothing to do with PCC.
My sister applied for her husband in 2007 and at that time also She did not sent in the police clearence certificate with the application and Delhi CHC never asked my Brother-in-law for his PCC from UK even though he had the PCC by the time passport was requested for visa stamping. His application was processed within 2 months by Delhi CHC.
But it is little different in my case. My husband applied about 2 weeks before for UK PCC before I sent in the application. It was approved and sent to Delhi and Delhi CHC requested his UK PCC and passport on Aug 10th. We have sent it in but we are still waiting for final review on the file (e-mail recently received from delhi CHC)
Thanks

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Nitu82 said:
Hi Ariel
I am not saying that one should send it without PCC, if they do have it they should attach it with app. I was only trying to share my experience and what I was adviced.
Oh sorry, I didn't mean your advice was poor! I meant the advice from your immigration consultant was poor.

You said that they requested your husband's passport on Aug. 10 but when did you originally file your application? Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think you did yourself any favours by not sending the police report as specified in the instructions since you've already waited 2 months to get your passport back. My husband sent in the police report with his application and had his passport returned in 2 weeks. That is fairly standard for New Delhi if there are not other issues.

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi Ariel
I know it is taking bit longer with my Husband's file and we are concerned about what may be the reason. I doubt if it has anything to do with the UK PCC. They returned our pictures and other proof's with the letter that requested his passport. We sure are bit concerned and it has been awefully long wait after the passport request. Our timeline is:
Application sent : May 21/09
sponsorship application processed and approved: June 17/09
In Process at Delhi CHC: July 7/09
Passport request: Aug 10/09
Thanks and I appreciate your input and comments. I know you were not being rude to me.