+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone on Spousal Open Work Permit study Early Childhood Education?

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
Hi,

Can someone on Spousal open work permit study Early Childhood Education?

I am exploring this option for my wife, which will enable her to apply for PR under skilled workers stream.

Work permit says this - "Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course."

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am exploring this option for my wife, which will enable her to apply for PR under skilled workers stream.

Work permit says this - "Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course."

Thanks
She needs to apply for a study permit showing education and career advancement. She needs to show that taking the course will give her higher pay than her current/past jobs to justify costs. She needs to show it is building on her current education. ECE only requires secondary so if she has a degree or diploma already it will be hard to justify.

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
She needs to apply for a study permit showing education and career advancement. She needs to show that taking the course will give her higher pay than her current/past jobs to justify costs. She needs to show it is building on her current education. ECE only requires secondary so if she has a degree or diploma already it will be hard to justify.
Thanks.

Isn't there a clause that people for work permit can study upto six months? Or that won't apply in our case?

Thanks

Faskye66

Apr 13, 2023
How can I apply for a post graduate programme in a Canadain school with CGPA 2.53? Should I also take the lELTS test in English before applying and which Canadian school accepts such grade level for Masters degree.

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
Isn’t an ECE diploma one or two years? What PR program for a six month certificate?
I am sorry, I meant an ECE Assistant program. Usually these are less than 6 months,

Please connect me if I am wrong, ECE Assistants are in NOC 42202 (TEER 2); and can apply for PR under BC PNP? Please tell me if my assumption is incorrect.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am sorry, I meant an ECE Assistant program. Usually these are less than 6 months,

Please connect me if I am wrong, ECE Assistants are in NOC 42202 (TEER 2); and can apply for PR under BC PNP? Please tell me if my assumption is incorrect.
That is the same NOC for ECE. So if she takes a certificate or course under 6 months then it should not be an issue. The school will tell her if she needs a study permit. She will not get points for Canadian education.

There are several streams under BC PNP so you need to determine if she meets requirements.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Hi,

Thanks
Better if she work full time and in such field or province where she get PR.

Dec 26, 2022
Hi,

Thanks
Studying in Canada can be a challenging yet rewarding experience. The Canadian education system is known for its high academic standards, and students are expected to work hard to achieve their goals. It's important to keep track of your grades and maintain a good GPA, as this will greatly affect your chances of success in your studies and your future career. That being said, it's important to remember that you don't have to do it all alone. There are many resources available to students to help them succeed, such as academic support services and tutoring programs. Additionally, using professional services like https://paperell.net/scholarship-essay-writing-service can help take the winning scholarship essay and it allows you to focus on your studies, ultimately resulting in higher grades. With the right mindset and support, you can thrive academically and make the most of your educational experience in Canada. So, I`m not discouraged by the challenges I may face – with perseverance and determination, I can achieve my goals and succeed in my studies.
Have you tried consulting with the organization that issued her open work permit? They will be able to tell you if there are any restrictions or conditions that apply to her specific work permit.

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
Have you tried consulting with the organization that issued her open work permit? They will be able to tell you if there are any restrictions or conditions that apply to her specific work permit.
This is spousal open work permit - which she got because I have a closed ICT work permit.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes, that's the idea. Do this course, make in entry in ECE registry and do a full time job as ECE Assistant in BC.
Does she have previous education in the same field, if yes she can get it assessed as per Canadian education standards. Then can look for employment and can ask the employers to support her as they sometimes gets grants from Gov.

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
Does she have previous education in the same field, if yes she can get it assessed as per Canadian education standards. Then can look for employment and can ask the employers to support her as they sometimes gets grants from Gov.
Thanks. She has a B.Ed. degree from India - which she did more than 20 years ago. Should we get that assessed too along with her M.Sc.? Will it help in her getting a ECE Assistant job?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks. She has a B.Ed. degree from India - which she did more than 20 years ago. Should we get that assessed too along with her M.Sc.? Will it help in her getting a ECE Assistant job?
Yes please go ahead you never know, even if it gets assessed to level 1, she might be able to enter the field. Once in she can get to increase the circle and contacts to get knowledge and help.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes please go ahead you never know, even if it gets assessed to level 1, she might be able to enter the field. Once in she can get to increase the circle and contacts to get knowledge and help.
Just to add hope you guys are getting them assessed from Education assessment body and not WES.