+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can PPR deadline (30 days to submit passport) be extended?

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
I'm from India to whom I should write down for it and if you have mail Id
please share
When you receive PPR email, they will provide you with the email id to write to if you have any concerns. Mine was from CPC Ottawa. Your's should be different.

er_india

Jan 10, 2015
I'm from India to whom I should write down for it and if you have mail Id
please share
I am in same boat .I got PPR on 27th April, at that time my wife's passport was with German embassy for short term visa application .And I have business travel to US from 18th May to 29th May & my wife will be traveling to Germany from 10th June to 13en June .Want to know ,what action you took ?
I have already sent the email for extension on 27th April only, to New Delhi visa office and web also form ,with travel itineraries for me and my wife .But there is no reply so far

Also is it possible that I can submit my spouse's passport now so she will get it back in 3-4 weeks time , and than I will submit my passport on 29th May ?

Lincys30

Jan 31, 2018
I am in same boat .I got PPR on 27th April, at that time my wife's passport was with German embassy for short term visa application .And I have business travel to US from 18th May to 29th May & my wife will be traveling to Germany from 10th June to 13en June .Want to know ,what action you took ?
I have already sent the email for extension on 27th April only, to New Delhi visa office and web also form ,with travel itineraries for me and my wife .But there is no reply so far

Also is it possible that I can submit my spouse's passport now so she will get it back in 3-4 weeks time , and than I will submit my passport on 29th May ?
In my husband's case he got the PPR letter on Jan 20 dated Dec 10, when he received the letter itself the date was expired. But still his application status was open in online , so attorney asked us to submit the passport immediately and we did on 42nd day (12days post expiration) and it got stamped and tell passport was back in a week. So if your application status is open in online you will get it stamped.

All the best, hope this is helpful.

Reactions: Neyoyo

er_india

Jan 10, 2015
In my husband's case he got the PPR letter on Jan 20 dated Dec 10, when he received the letter itself the date was expired. But still his application status was open in online , so attorney asked us to submit the passport immediately and we did on 42nd day (12days post expiration) and it got stamped and tell passport was back in a week. So if your application status is open in online you will get it stamped.

All the best, hope this is helpful.
How do you check if status is open or not ?

shelpereira

Apr 19, 2018
Hi Guys, I have a question regarding validity of passport. Received my ppr and it says "ensure your passport is valid for atleast 12 months from this letter". Currently my passport has a validity of 11 months. Do you think it would be an issue to submit it or should I renew it first. Got this email from abdimmigration.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi Guys, I have a question regarding validity of passport. Received my ppr and it says "ensure your passport is valid for atleast 12 months from this letter". Currently my passport has a validity of 11 months. Do you think it would be an issue to submit it or should I renew it first. Got this email from abdimmigration.
don't worry about your passport,,, it has to be valid.
cic just want to assure your passport is valid one year since you did your medical exams
when did you do your medical exam?
are you within canada?

my brother landed in june 2014, his passport was valid till october 2014 (immigrant visa expiration too) outland canada
i landed september 2017, my passport is still valid till may 2020, my visa was valid till january 2018 (medical exam january 2017) inland canada

Lincys30

Jan 31, 2018
I will say it's better to Renew your passport and then submit because renewing passport in India nowadays take just 2-3 business days . Better be in safer side

shelpereira

Apr 19, 2018
don't worry about your passport,,, it has to be valid.
cic just want to assure your passport is valid one year since you did your medical exams
when did you do your medical exam?
are you within canada?

my brother landed in june 2014, his passport was valid till october 2014 (immigrant visa expiration too) outland canada
i landed september 2017, my passport is still valid till may 2020, my visa was valid till january 2018 (medical exam january 2017) inland canada
Thanks mpsqra. I did my medical in April 2018 and my passport expires in July 2019. So I guess it is okay to send my passport to Cic? I intend to travel before April 2019.

Reactions: mpsqra

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Thanks mpsqra. I did my medical in April 2018 and my passport expires in July 2019. So I guess it is okay to send my passport to Cic? I intend to travel before April 2019.
Yes, I think so,,, then you can renew your passport within Canada

Minalita

Sep 25, 2018
Hello all! I have a problem regarding PPR deadline
I have received a PPR on august 10. The letter asked me to send a copy of my passport within 30 days. I had two options regarding my country of residence: a visa application center or the ambassy. I chose the first one and sent my file on august 14, so i was in time. But, as i didn't get any confirmation of permanent residency 1 month later, i sent them an email to see if everything was ok with my file. They answered me that my mail should have been sent at the ambassy and not at the VAC. So know, even though i sent my file in time, they didn't have it and the 30 days are exceed. Plus, the VAC say that they didn't get my mail (fortunatly i have the proof from the postoffice that i sent it and they get it (i have an acknoledgment of receipt stamped by the VAC and returned to me). So i decided to send a new mail to the Ambassy with the copy of my passport and a letter explaining the situation. I also put in the mail of copy of the proof that i sent the mail on august 14 and that they received it. But now, i'm really scared that my file will be closed and my permanent residency cancelled because they didn't received it within 30 days. Do you think there's a chance they understand? Or do i face the risk to see my PR cancelled and to have to restart everything from the beginning? Thank you in advance for your response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all! I have a problem regarding PPR deadline
I have received a PPR on august 10. The letter asked me to send a copy of my passport within 30 days. I had two options regarding my country of residence: a visa application center or the ambassy. I chose the first one and sent my file on august 14, so i was in time. But, as i didn't get any confirmation of permanent residency 1 month later, i sent them an email to see if everything was ok with my file. They answered me that my mail should have been sent at the ambassy and not at the VAC. So know, even though i sent my file in time, they didn't have it and the 30 days are exceed. Plus, the VAC say that they didn't get my mail (fortunatly i have the proof from the postoffice that i sent it and they get it (i have an acknoledgment of receipt stamped by the VAC and returned to me). So i decided to send a new mail to the Ambassy with the copy of my passport and a letter explaining the situation. I also put in the mail of copy of the proof that i sent the mail on august 14 and that they received it. But now, i'm really scared that my file will be closed and my permanent residency cancelled because they didn't received it within 30 days. Do you think there's a chance they understand? Or do i face the risk to see my PR cancelled and to have to restart everything from the beginning? Thank you in advance for your response.
Should be fine. You have not exceeded the time by much and you included proof of the mix-up. Would relax and assume everything is fine until proven otherwise.

writepa

Oct 11, 2018
Hi. I received ppr and I would like to extend the deadline. however I did not find any email in the ppr email to contact. The sender email is CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Should I reply to this email?
Any advice please? many thanks.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Hi. I received ppr and I would like to extend the deadline. however I did not find any email in the ppr email to contact. The sender email is CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Should I reply to this email?
Any advice please? many thanks.
Mine had the contact email mentioned multiple times throughout the 'ready for visa' email. To which case processing center did they ask you to send your passport and photos?

writepa

Oct 11, 2018
i was asked to submit my passport to the Canada Visa Application Center in the city, where I live.
then i think they will courrier to Singapore for processing.
Maybe I should call the center in my city to ask for the extention? or should i contact cic?

Mine had the contact email mentioned multiple times throughout the 'ready for visa' email. To which case processing center did they ask you to send your passport and photos?