+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can PPR deadline (30 days to submit passport) be extended?

Harshal02

Apr 17, 2017
Hi
Right now I am facing similar problems, I received my passport request letter on 14 march 2017 and submitted it on 13 April 2017. VFS agreed to submit my passport, however I am not sure if my visa will be stamped as it has exceeded the 30 day time frame. what was the status of your application then? kindly guide me
Thank you and regards

kdmadan2016

Aug 15, 2017
Hi Ajnaik,

I just saw you thread. I am right now in the similar position. Even i have received PPR letter form Abu Dhabi VO, but I need extension for the submission.

Where you able to get the extension and also confirm as to how many days did they take for the stamping.

Hi Akku_India,

I am in a similar situation as yourself. I got the PPR letter from Abhu Dhabhi VO but I have to travel to India during the time of submission for a family gathering. Did you get an extension for submitting the passport?

kdmadan2016

Aug 15, 2017
Hi,

We are in similar position. Please tell us what happened to your case.

Hi
Right now I am facing similar problems, I received my passport request letter on 14 march 2017 and submitted it on 13 April 2017. VFS agreed to submit my passport, however I am not sure if my visa will be stamped as it has exceeded the 30 day time frame. what was the status of your application then? kindly guide me
Thank you and regards

kdmadan2016

Aug 15, 2017
Hi Akku,

Can you pls tell as to what happened in your case.

Hi Folks,

My Passport request has come
I am Indian citizen and working/staying in Dubai with family.
I got a passport request for stamping on 2nd Feb 2017. We have waited a long for this.But now we are in very odd situation because we can submit our passport to visa office as we have to travel to India to attend my only sisters wedding(5th march 2017).Also my wife's passport is with her office PRO to get it stamped as she got a new employer visa.
I have sent a mail to London Immigration Office regarding extension of one month to submit our passport but still didn't get any reply.

Can somebody suggest that whether we will get the extension or not?Will they consider our problem or not?Has anybody ever faced any problem like this?And in how many days we can expect their reply.

Kindly help me by replying to my this message.

hazim84

Aug 14, 2017
Hi all
I have the same case and I sent an email to London office (ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca) and waiting for their response

For those who did the same how fast did they reply and how much did they extend?

Megan_2017

Sep 7, 2017
Hi Folks,

My Passport request has come
I am Indian citizen and working/staying in Dubai with family.
I got a passport request for stamping on 2nd Feb 2017. We have waited a long for this.But now we are in very odd situation because we can submit our passport to visa office as we have to travel to India to attend my only sisters wedding(5th march 2017).Also my wife's passport is with her office PRO to get it stamped as she got a new employer visa.
I have sent a mail to London Immigration Office regarding extension of one month to submit our passport but still didn't get any reply.

Can somebody suggest that whether we will get the extension or not?Will they consider our problem or not?Has anybody ever faced any problem like this?And in how many days we can expect their reply.

Kindly help me by replying to my this message.
Hi,

Please update if your PPR deadline was extended eventually?

Megan_2017

Sep 7, 2017
Hi
Thank you and regards
I have a similar situation. Please update what was the outcome.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi
Thank you and regards
did you get your passport back?

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi Ajnaik,

I just saw you thread. I am right now in the similar position. Even i have received PPR letter form Abu Dhabi VO, but I need extension for the submission.

Where you able to get the extension and also confirm as to how many days did they take for the stamping.
Hi Kdmadan

I have a similar case. I was requested to submit the passport in Abu Dhabi within 30 days. but due to my scheduled business and personal trips. I was unable to do that. I informed Abu Dhabi immigration immediately with all the supports but its been more than a month and the deadline has crossed but still havn't got any response or confirmation from them. I also sent a reminder but no response.

Did you get any response from the immigration ?

Should I assume that they will take my passport based on their earlier email and my intimation to them ?
If anyone go a reply on the extension request, please share your experience.

hazim84

Aug 14, 2017
Hi all
I sent an email to London immigration and explained my travel arrangements as well as attached my flight bookings and they replied after a weeks time with extension to 60 days
Do the same and make sure to mark the email as high priority else they will reply after 28 days

Reactions: explorerCA

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi all
I sent an email to London immigration and explained my travel arrangements as well as attached my flight bookings and they replied after a weeks time with extension to 60 days
Do the same and make sure to mark the email as high priority else they will reply after 28 days
the request was raised from Abu dhabi I sent the email to Abu Dhabi office as instructed in the email. but they did not respond. I doubt I should send it to London office. what do you think ?

Pratibha17

Oct 15, 2017
I am also in a similar situation. Our passports are with Newzealand embassy and we have received ppr. We got delayed in checking the mail as it the CIC account was not updated. Now we have only 6 days to send passports to Canadian embassy. We have requested NZ embassy for passport withdrawal but hopes are low as times is very less. Can we get extension if we apply for it.???

Pratibha17

Oct 15, 2017
I am also in a similar situation. Our passports are with Newzealand embassy and we have received ppr. We got delayed in checking the mail as it the CIC account was not updated. Now we have only 6 days to send passports to Canadian embassy. We have requested NZ embassy for passport withdrawal but hopes are low as times is very less. Can we get extension if we apply for it.???