+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can photo and proof of medical be used from PR app for visitor extension?

elithx

Apr 4, 2016
We are working on getting the documentation uploaded to apply online for my Wife's extension as a visitor into Canada.

I didn't know till now that a photo and proof of medical are required. I don't understand why this would be required when both of these were included in our PR application sent in Nov 2016. Our receipt from the upfront medical is Aug 19th. I am hoping to apply for the extension in a few days, can I just use this receipt instead of my wife having to go for another?

Regarding the photo, I am not sure what they are asking for. When we went to Walmart for that photo, they didn't give us a digital version, just 2 physical copies. Would we have to do this again and scan them...?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I love my country, but boy is this paperwork getting crazy :eek: lol

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
elithx said:
We are working on getting the documentation uploaded to apply online for my Wife's extension as a visitor into Canada.

I didn't know till now that a photo and proof of medical are required.
I don't understand why this would be required when both of these were included in our PR application sent in Nov 2016. Our receipt from the upfront medical is Aug 19th. I am hoping to apply for the extension in a few days, can I just use this receipt instead of my wife having to go for another?

Regarding the photo, I am not sure what they are asking for. When we went to Walmart for that photo, they didn't give us a digital version, just 2 physical copies. Would we have to do this again and scan them...?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I love my country, but boy is this paperwork getting crazy :eek: lol

You don't need those for a status extension. Maybe you are looking at the visa requirements.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Aquakitty said:
You don't need those for a status extension. Maybe you are looking at the visa requirements.
When I applied for my visitor's extension online this past Dec (2016), proof of medical was required, as well as a digital photo.

I just scanned in a copy of my upfront PR medical receipt with UMI # and barcode. The photo I chose from a selfie I took in August.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
elithx said:
I didn't know till now that a photo and proof of medical are required. I don't understand why this would be required when both of these were included in our PR application sent in Nov 2016. Our receipt from the upfront medical is Aug 19th. I am hoping to apply for the extension in a few days, can I just use this receipt instead of my wife having to go for another?

It is requesting proof of the medical because you answered "Yes" to the question "Have you done a medical". You can include the receipt from the medical she already did.

You can upload your own digital photo or scan a physical photo.

Aquakitty said:
The digital picture is required to extend visitor status online. Proof of a medical is required when a person that has recently spent time in a risk country is extending their stay beyond 6 months, or when a person answers "Yes" to the medical question.

elithx

Apr 4, 2016
Thank you all for the info, I'm glad to hear we won't have to go for another medical, and can take our own picture.

I know there will be a light at the end of this immigration tunnel lol. Now for US taxes, that's another story :p

Cheers,
Elithx