+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my withdrawn pr application be reopened ? Withdrawn by cic in error

Sam2221

Aug 22, 2022
Hello experts,

i am looking for help in my sensitive case. I had submitted two PR application under TR to PR pathway and i clearly requested IRCC to withdraw my first application coz i wanted to continue with my second application.

i got withdrawal request adr on second application in may and i will sent them an explanation letter in response to let them know that i only wanted to withdraw first application and i want to continue with second application, in fact i never requested to withdraw my second application

in june ircc withdrew my first application as I requested them but they also withdrew my second application last week. I called them and agent also confirmed that there was no withdrawal request on second application

now i sent them a webform to request them to reopen my second application and i also had mp calling them to request them ,Can my application be reopen if I never requested to withdraw it

please help , i am so stressed right now

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello experts,

i am looking for help in my sensitive case. I had submitted two PR application under TR to PR pathway and i clearly requested IRCC to withdraw my first application coz i wanted to continue with my second application.

i got withdrawal request adr on second application in may and i will sent them an explanation letter in response to let them know that i only wanted to withdraw first application and i want to continue with second application, in fact i never requested to withdraw my second application

in june ircc withdrew my first application as I requested them but they also withdrew my second application last week. I called them and agent also confirmed that there was no withdrawal request on second application

now i sent them a webform to request them to reopen my second application and i also had mp calling them to request them ,Can my application be reopen if I never requested to withdraw it

No one can tell if your application will be reopened. You should have never submitted two applications in the first place.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello experts,

I was only able to find this regarding multiple application but that is regarding citinsehship

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

Since you have reached out to them via webform, do you mind sharing what they say when they reply to you, maybe someone else on here has done the same and can help but I was unable to find too much or any info regarding this type of case.

i think they might just ask you to apply again since both are closed but again I have no idea.

Good luck and keep us posted when they reply to your web form.

Sam2221

Aug 22, 2022
I was only able to find this regarding multiple application but that is regarding citinsehship

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

Since you have reached out to them via webform, do you mind sharing what they say when they reply to you, maybe someone else on here has done the same and can help but I was unable to find too much or any info regarding this type of case.

i think they might just ask you to apply again since both are closed but again I have no idea.

Good luck and keep us posted when they reply to your web form.
I have only received generic reply yet but i can not apply again as Tr to Pr pathway was closed last year

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I have only received generic reply yet but i can not apply again as Tr to Pr pathway was closed last year
Ohhhhhhhh damn, I wish you good luck when they reply if they reply :confused: and i hope its in your favour :) Good luck

Sam2221

Aug 22, 2022
Ohhhhhhhh damn, I wish you good luck when they reply if they reply :confused: and i hope its in your favour :) Good luck
Thank you , but are there any chances for my application to be reopened if I didn’t request them to withdraw, their agents also told me there was no withdrawal request on your application

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thank you , but are there any chances for my application to be reopened if I didn’t request them to withdraw, their agents also told me there was no withdrawal request on your application
I have no idea, IRCC has Procedural fairness so I am sure they will review your case and make a decision that follows their process and if you are not happy with the outcome you have the right to appeal it at the court level etc so, you have options, if IRCC made a mistake i am sure they have very well documented notes in GCMS an will be fair, so stay tuned they will reply to your webform and give you an answer, you can share tha answer with us when you get it

star778788

Feb 23, 2022
Were you able to do this? Because I have the exact same problem