+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my Dad accompany me when I do my landing?

prads_s

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me, My Wife and My son plan to do Landing on CoPR in October. My question is can my Dad join me on a visitor visa. Initially to help us settle?

Is it possible for him to stay longer then 6 months?

Can we go for Super visa without PR cards and housing requirements? If we have the funds.

My Dad own a property in India. My Mom will stay back in India with my sister. So I guess Family Ties are there.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prads_s said:
Me, My Wife and My son plan to do Landing on CoPR in October. My question is can my Dad join me on a visitor visa. Initially to help us settle?
yes, as long as he has a valid visa

Is it possible for him to stay longer then 6 months?
no, i think visit visa you can only stay 6 months max at a time

Can we go for Super visa without PR cards and housing requirements? If we have the funds.
not sure on the answer to this.

My Dad own a property in India. My Mom will stay back in India with my sister. So I guess Family Ties are there.
yeah that you have to convince the visa officer with :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To apply for a super visa, you must have a job in Canada that meets the minimum income requirements. Having funds in a bank account doesn't count. Your father only qualifies for a regular visitor visa at this time.

Note that how long your father is allowed to visit Canada will be determined at the port of entry by the CBSA officer. Visitors are often given six months - but it's quite possible to only be given a shorter visit. Once he's in Canada, it's possible to apply to extend his visit. Whether that extension will be approved is impossible for any of us to say.

prads_s

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So if I request for 6 months visa, it is still possible that I am gransted less then 6 months?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prads_s said:
So if I request for 6 months visa, it is still possible that I am gransted less then 6 months?
i assume so, i had applied for australia visa once, and was granted a grand total of 3 month visa... :-X

dont know whats the lowest limit for canada visit visa however...

but you need to remember that if you have a 2 yr visa, it doesnt mean you can stay for 2 yrs in canada, you can only stay for 6 months at a time...
like stay for 6 months, then leave for 6 months, then come back and stay for 6 months more... thats how it usually works

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
prads_s said:
It doesn't work that way. The visitor visa doesn't determine how long your father will be allowed into Canada. All the visitor visa does is allow your father to enter Canada for a specified period of time.

How long your father is allowed into Canada is determined by the CBSA officer at the border when your father arrives in Canada.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
It doesn't work that way. The visitor visa doesn't determine how long your father will be allowed into Canada. All the visitor visa does is allow your father to enter Canada for a specified period of time.

How long your father is allowed into Canada is determined by the CBSA officer at the border when your father arrives in Canada.
really ? by the officer ? i thought its written on the visa itself that you can stay for a max period of 3 months or 6 months...

good to know information... :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thestunner316 said:
really ? by the officer ? i thought its written on the visa itself that you can stay for a max period of 3 months or 6 months...

good to know information... :)
No - again, it doesn't work that way. All the visa does is provide the valid period of time you are allowed to enter Canada. How long you are allowed to stay is ALWAYS determined at the border - even with super visas.

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
hi prads_s

My mom accompanied my during Landing. my husband who was already there in canada from 3 months gave the Invite letter.
you can plan something like this.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
To apply for a super visa, you must have a job in Canada that meets the minimum income requirements. Having funds in a bank account doesn't count. Your father only qualifies for a regular visitor visa at this time.
Incorrect. You don't have to have a job in Canada that meets the minimum icome requirements. The funds in a bank account does count IF they are reported in a Canadian tax return and made enough income to meet the super visa requirement.

prads_s

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Incorrect. You don't have to have a job in Canada that meets the minimum icome requirements. The funds in a bank account does count IF they are reported in a Canadian tax return and made enough income to meet the super visa requirement.
Not sure about this.

I don't think one should have to wait for filing tax to file super visa. Offer letter plus 1-2 pay stubs should prove LICO requirements. Additional funds FD's etc are a bonus to add to the Super visa application. That's my opinion thouh.

prads_s

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sindhugururaj said:
hi prads_s

My mom accompanied my during Landing. my husband who was already there in canada from 3 months gave the Invite letter.
you can plan something like this.
I am thinking on the similar lines, I plan to make Landing first as Primary applicant. Then my Dad would accompany my wife and son when they Land. Hopefully it works.