+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can international student do online check in to airplane?

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
hi everyone
my question is can international students do online check-in to the airplane flying to Canada? or it needs to be verified by Air Canada or West jet employee for visa and study permt etc.

Anyone had experience?

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be able to do web check in. Try on airline's website. If you are not able to do it, make sure you have plenty of time before your flight to do check in and submit your luggage. Usually 3 hours prior to your departure time is recommended.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi everyone
my question is can international students do online check-in to the airplane flying to Canada? or it needs to be verified by Air Canada or West jet employee for visa and study permt etc.

Anyone had experience?
You should be able to check in online. They will still verify that you have the right visa at the airport prior to boarding.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
You should be able to check in online. They will still verify that you have the right visa at the airport prior to boarding.
You should be able to do web check in. Try on airline's website. If you are not able to do it, make sure you have plenty of time before your flight to do check in and submit your luggage. Usually 3 hours prior to your departure time is recommended.
here is the issue, a friend of mine want to fly from Amsterdam directly to Calgary with West Jet, but in the ticket, it is written "you need to leave visa free zone and go through security and emigration to check in to your next flight"
What do you guys think about it? A friend doesn't have Shengen visa.. they will not allow her to pass through..
Any idea?

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
here is the issue, a friend of mine want to fly from Amsterdam directly to Calgary with West Jet, but in the ticket, it is written "you need to leave visa free zone and go through security and emigration to check in to your next flight"
What do you guys think about it? A friend doesn't have Shengen visa.. they will not allow her to pass through..
Any idea?
any ideas?

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
hi everyone

Anyone had experience?
Unfortunately you can not do web check-in.
The airline would verify your documents once you reach airport, then only they will allow you to check-in.
All this is due to pandemic & only to make sure that authorized person is travelling.
PS: Make sure you will reach airport ahead of time, would suggest at least 3-4 hours to be on safer side.
Good Luck

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Unfortunately you can not do web check-in.
The airline would verify your documents once you reach airport, then only they will allow you to check-in.
All this is due to pandemic & only to make sure that authorized person is travelling.
PS: Make sure you will reach airport ahead of time, would suggest at least 3-4 hours to be on safer side.
Good Luck
a friend of mine doesn't have a Schengen transit visa to fly through Schipol Aeroport

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
rules changed guys

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your friend needs to check with their airline. It's doubtful that people here can help you.

If the Netherlands are requiring people to go through security and emigration due to COVID checks, etc., and your friend has no transit visa, only your airline can offer suggestions which may include "get a Schengen transit visa."

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
a friend of mine doesn't have a Schengen transit visa to fly through Schipol Aeroport
Contact airline, though your friend definitely need the Schengen transit visa, no one would be able to help you with it.
Good luck

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Your friend needs to check with their airline. It's doubtful that people here can help you.

If the Netherlands are requiring people to go through security and emigration due to COVID checks, etc., and your friend has no transit visa, only your airline can offer suggestions which may include "get a Schengen transit visa."
Contact airline, though your friend definitely need the Schengen transit visa, no one would be able to help you with it.
Good luck
ok ..thank you guys