+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work normal full-time job during my co-op work term?

Aman R

Jun 8, 2017
India
Hey everyone, I have a co-op term from May-August. What I want to know is can I work on any full-time or part-time job during my co-op term while having my co-op work permit.

K mani

Jun 1, 2021
Hi , can i work any job full time rather than my co op job with co op work permit . Please reply.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hey,
I wanted to know if I can work at my full-time job (Mon-Fri) on a co-op work permit and if I can also continue my part-time job at Walmart during Sat and Sun for 16hrs, so I wanted to know if this is legal or not and if I do so will I face any consequences for the same.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey,
I wanted to know if I can work at my full-time job (Mon-Fri) on a co-op work permit and if I can also continue my part-time job at Walmart during Sat and Sun for 16hrs, so I wanted to know if this is legal or not and if I do so will I face any consequences for the same.
Yes you can.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Yes you can.
My University stated a form which is a co-op confirmation form it states that :" I recognize that part-time employment is strongly discouraged and that it is likely that I will have to suspend any part-time employment for the duration of my Co-op work term. " will this affect me in any way. By the way, my university is McMaster. Do guide me through this.

Thankyou
Jay

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My University stated a form which is a co-op confirmation form it states that :" I recognize that part-time employment is strongly discouraged and that it is likely that I will have to suspend any part-time employment for the duration of my Co-op work term. " will this affect me in any way. By the way, my university is McMaster. Do guide me through this.

Thankyou
Jay
Ask your university. Mac is trying to tell you that working a full-time and part-time jobs will give very difficult (mentally and physically). If your co-op positition is not completed satisfactorily (get fired, suspended) then that will effect your grades, graduation etc.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Ask your university. Mac is trying to tell you that working a full-time and part-time jobs will give very difficult (mentally and physically). If your co-op positition is not completed satisfactorily (get fired, suspended) then that will effect your grades, graduation etc.
Yeah I agree with you but my part-time job work is not that hectic and I can manage, my focus will be on my full-time job only but I only needed to know if I work both jobs on co-op work permit will it be legal or not.