+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work as a visitor?

joannagat

Jul 21, 2021
Hello, this might be a long shot, but I am really interested in knowing. I am a US citizen and have been here in Alberta for the last 4 months. I plan to stay here while I apply for permanent residence under spousal sponsorship. I am still collecting all the documents needed for the application and some of them need a notary from a person in another country. I fear I won't get this on time. Is there any way I can apply to work and get a temporary working permit without submitting the PR application yet?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, this might be a long shot, but I am really interested in knowing. I am a US citizen and have been here in Alberta for the last 4 months. I plan to stay here while I apply for permanent residence under spousal sponsorship. I am still collecting all the documents needed for the application and some of them need a notary from a person in another country. I fear I won't get this on time. Is there any way I can apply to work and get a temporary working permit without submitting the PR application yet?
No. So once you have AOR on your PR application then you can apply for a work permit.