+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I withdraw my Refugee Claim and apply under different category?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I respect your opinion but my lawyer told me wait until you didn’t get any notice
With all due respect, you already got your lawyer's advice. This is a public forum with mostly non-lawyer members. Not exactly sure what you are looking for. Either you trust your lawyer or not. Again, this is a public forum, and opinions here are legally non-binding. Suggest to stick it out with your lawyer since you seem to have made up your mind to work contrary to the rules. Good luck to your case.

Apr 13, 2023
With all due respect, you already got your lawyer's advice. This is a public forum with mostly non-lawyer members. Not exactly sure what you are looking for. Either you trust your lawyer or not. Again, this is a public forum, and opinions here are legally non-binding. Suggest to stick it out with your lawyer since you seem to have made up your mind to work contrary to the rules. Good luck to your case.
I trust you just want to know that you guys pretty sure that according to my case I have to leave now??

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I trust you just want to know that you guys pretty sure that according to my case I have to leave now??
We are not lawyers. Our opinions are based on our personal understanding of the rules. You are paying your lawyer, are you not? Trust your lawyer, they have training with laws. There is no need to ask a public forum when you are already being advised by a lawyer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I respect your opinion but my lawyer told me wait until you didn’t get any notice
Assume you mean wait until you receive notice that you are in Canada illegally. What your lawyer isn’t telling you is that staying in Canada illegally for longer, working illegally, etc. can impact your ability to return to Canada or another country in the future. What are you attempting to do longterm? Your lawyer is just telling you to work illegally until you get caught but that also can have negative implications and also leaves you without healthcare.

skyline9888

Jul 5, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I came Canada with visitor visa on 6th May'17 and after staying some days. Someone told told me to stay here for long and introduced me a lawyer (may be he got some commission for there). Then as per lawyer advise i have claim political asylum here. I got my protection documents with a confirm hearing date on 18th July'17. I was also waiting for work permit but on 6th July'17 CBSA sent a letter to my lawyer that my hearing is being suspended due to inadmissible issue and on later date they will inform about admissible hearing only. Now i am in very bad situation i can't work sitting ideal and finish all my money which i brought from my back home. And I clearly understand it's was a very bad decision and complicated issue it will take long time to get a work permit.

Kindly advise me which one will be good for me.

1) If I withdraw my refugee claim then do I face any danger to go back my home? meaning do CBSA put any seal/chop in my passport?

2) Can i withdraw my claim and after that (within one month time) can i again apply again through another lawyer for LMIA for work permit here? Because another person told me some lawyer is there who can help me for work permit under LIMA. Is this true and will be a wise decision?

I will be very grateful if you guide me from practical perspective.

Thank you.
How long did it take you to get the confirmation letter from the time you submitted the cancellation application form?