+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel in 4 month semester break period from India to Toronto.

shangrila

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I had begin my course in winter; from September to December I have semester break. Can I travel in that period from India to Toronto? Will there b any problem at immigration?
Please help its urgent. Thanks in advance.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
just don't tell them you come to canada for travel

do you have summer class? if yes, then you can just tell them you are returning students, you can come in canada early

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
just don't tell them you come to canada for travel

do you have summer class? if yes, then you can just tell them you are returning students, you can come in canada early
You are asking them to lie to CBSA officers? You reckon officers won't be able to tell from their system that this person's study permit has never been activated therefore cannot be a returning student?

What sort of advice is this? I've seen you give such advice on similar posts. Are you intentionally trying to get people sent back?

Wow.

Aomine Daiki

Oct 19, 2020
I had begin my course in winter; from September to December I have semester break. Can I travel in that period from India to Toronto? Will there b any problem at immigration?
I am in a similar situation and I know some people who traveled a week before their classes ended and had academic breaks in one week and they had no issue. But I am not sure about what will happen after classes end. They are asking many students for academic calendars in airports. I got to know about people traveling from indirect routes from India.
Entry during Covid is never guaranteed. Hopefully things will improve.
I don't see a reason why they are checking academic calendars at connecting airports and during immigration in India. My guess is that if there are no classes they will be denied boarding. I am most concerned about this as my classes end during the August 3rd week.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
You are asking them to lie to CBSA officers? You reckon officers won't be able to tell from their system that this person's study permit has never been activated therefore cannot be a returning student?

What sort of advice is this? I've seen you give such advice on similar posts. Are you intentionally trying to get people sent back?

Wow.
Pls drama queen, idk if he returning student or not. I just told him if he already had sp ; study at home and come back Toronto . Then its okay to come. Nobody has time to check his post history geez

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
To the OP: idk if you are in this case or not. I know at least 2 students. Basically , they study from Jan to April (did not do landings yet), summer is their schedule break, and Fall is their next semester. Both of them came to Canada around June and July with no questions. They just show their scores, school, confirmation from school, tuitions and so on (lots of papers).... Of course, they just told Officer they are entitled to scheduled break and are returning students. They are allowed to come in. However, this is also a risky move because it's depends on cases by cases by the officer at the time

Very clear. And of course, nobody represents themselves as come to Travel and spread covid in here.

this is a forum with constructive feedback. If you think this is wrong,you are welcome to reply, and find the correct way to cope w it. no hassle.

Last edited:

Dark.light

Jul 24, 2021
I
It won't be a problem , you can travel multiple times as you like in the given period stamped in your passport

jenniferfolks

Dec 23, 2021
This is quite an interesting topic, I live in Greece and want to go to Canada for the first time to visit my family, but now I'm just beginning to learn: what documents do I need for this? By the way, you can come to us as well!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is quite an interesting topic, I live in Greece and want to go to Canada for the first time to visit my family, but now I'm just beginning to learn: what documents do I need for this? By the way, you can come to us as well!
Topic is about international students. You want to visit Canada so apply for a visitor visa. Post further questions under visitor visa thread.