+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel after ITA

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
I got pcc done but I didn’t get the paper on time. I had stated my emergency situation to travel and wrote a letter of explanation and received the AOR, I substantiated with email I received on pcc. Submitted my profile before I travelled. Hope that is fine.
Applying with letter of explanation is completely fine, if a document isn't available on time.

Since your country of residence and origin are both different, so if you receive the PCC before you return from India, I'm afraid you might have to apply again. Otherwise, it may land your application in trouble and even PCC-based-refusal is expected in such scenario if the officer isn't satisfied !

Reason: PCC must be issued only after your exit from the previous country ! (Not applicable to country of residence )
I am also in the exact same situation. My ITA's deadline is 12 march and I will be back in canada on 25th feb. I confirmed with my local police station and they said they will provide me the new pcc in 5 work days after I leave India. Should I be worried?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I am also in the exact same situation. My ITA's deadline is 12 march and I will be back in canada on 25th feb. I confirmed with my local police station and they said they will provide me the new pcc in 5 work days after I leave India. Should I be worried?
If PCC is issued after your exit from the country, it should be fine.

dwarakb

Nov 15, 2022
Suggest you get the AoR before travel. That way you don’t have to worry abt travelling after that

Darshan123

Jul 19, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I am having a doubt regarding the same!

Actually, I am traveling to India in 2nd week of November. I am planning to apply for a PCC now and finish gathering all the documents required to apply for PR before November 1st week.

My doubt is:

1.) Will it be fine if I leave for India(for 2 months) after ITA, documents submission, and AoR?
2.) Also, is it fine if I apply for a PCC before ITA?
3.) How long it takes for the PCC process while in Canada?

Thanks!

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Actually, I am traveling to India in 2nd week of November. I am planning to apply for a PCC now and finish gathering all the documents required to apply for PR before November 1st week.

My doubt is:

1.) Will it be fine if I leave for India(for 2 months) after ITA, documents submission, and AoR?

Thanks!
You can even travel to your home country before AOR provided that you won't stay in India for six months or longer. I personally travelled to India after ITA and after getting PCC and then come back to canada and applied for PR. If you are using courier service for BLS, it will take around 1.5-2 months to get the PCC.

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Hi Everyone,

My doubt is:

Thanks!
There is a misconception going on that if you travel to your home country even for one day your PCC will become invalid and you need a new PCC but that is not true. If your stay is 6 months or longer after getting the PCC only then you need a new PCC. IRCC clearly mentioned it on their website.

RajSinha007

Aug 20, 2023
Hi , I am also in same situation, did this help you ?