+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel after ITA

dwarakb

Nov 15, 2022
I have received an ITA on 9th Nov 2022. I have applied for pcc(india) through BLS (nov5th 2022). I have to travel to India between 2nd Dec 2022 and 27th Dec 2022. Will this affect my PCC process?
This is an important trip and I cannot afford to miss this one. I have planned to submit all my documents once I finish my travel.
please guide me if this travel can be executed. I am having work permit expiring only on 1st April. Technically, I can get back here but my question is more on pcc. Will I be asked to redo the pcc? Will I be given time if I am asked to redo?

Last edited:

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
You will need a new pcc to cover that period. If you submit your application without it, your application will be rejected for being incomplete. They will not give you a second chance to submit it after AOR.

dwarakb

Nov 15, 2022
You will need a new pcc to cover that period. If you submit your application without it, your application will be rejected for being incomplete. They will not give you a second chance to submit it after AOR.
Can you tell me how to apply new pcc to cover that period alone?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I think this is incorrect. On the website it says:
'For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.'
This implies that you need to provide a new police certificate only if you're going to travel and stay there for more than 6 months.

Reactions: dwarakb

dwarakb

Nov 15, 2022
I think this is incorrect. On the website it says:
'For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.'
This implies that you need to provide a new police certificate only if you're going to travel and stay there for more than 6 months.
So, does this mean I can travel between the said duration and come back? PCC is not an issue, right?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I have received an ITA on 9th Nov 2022. I have applied for pcc(india) through BLS (nov5th 2022). I have to travel to India between 2nd Dec 2022 and 27th Dec 2022. Will this affect my PCC process?
This is an important trip and I cannot afford to miss this one. I have planned to submit all my documents once I finish my travel.
please guide me if this travel can be executed. I am having work permit expiring only on 1st April. Technically, I can get back here but my question is more on pcc. Will I be asked to redo the pcc? Will I be given time if I am asked to redo?
hey,

As long as you file the application before departure, you're good. Your information gets locked only after AOR. So, this way you can avoid obtaining a new PCC. Otherwise, if the application is not submitted before your travel then you will have to provide a fresh PCC only after exiting India. The same applies to US.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
So, does this mean I can travel between the said duration and come back? PCC is not an issue, right?
For IRCC, you only need to provide PCC for the current country of residence and any other countries where you stayed more that 6 months in the last 10 years or since you turned 18. That PCC must be issued after you have left the country.

A vacation to India should not trigger a request for a new PCC on IRCC side.

However, it is up to you to confirm whether, for the Indian authorities, your current PCC request would still be valid if you are visiting India after submitting your request.

Should there be a delay in obtaining the PCC, you can always upload a letter of explanation with any official documents confirming that you have applied for the PCC (payment receipt, email from PCC provider stating processing times, etc.). In most cases, IRCC will just then ask you to submit the PCC as soon as it is ready.

Last edited:

dwarakb

Nov 15, 2022
For IRCC, you only need to provide PCC for the current country of residence and any other countries where you stayed more that 6 months in the last 10 years or since you turned 18. That PCC must be issued after you have left the country.

A vacation to India should not trigger a request for a new PCC on IRCC side.

However, it is up to you to confirm whether, for the Indian authorities, your current PCC request would still be valid if you are visiting India after submitting your request.

Should there be a delay in obtaining the PCC, you can always upload a letter of explanation with any official documents confirming that you have applied for the PCC (payment receipt, email from PCC provider stating processing times, etc.). In most cases, IRCC will just then ask you to submit the PCC as soon as it is ready.
My travel is 2nd Dec and I am hoping in 15 days it should reach India and police would have done my verification.

dwarakb

Nov 15, 2022
hey,

As long as you file the application before departure, you're good. Your information gets locked only after AOR. So, this way you can avoid obtaining a new PCC. Otherwise, if the application is not submitted before your travel then you will have to provide a fresh PCC only after exiting India. The same applies to US.
I am doubtful if I will get my pcc before 2nd Dec. so, I wouldn’t be able to submit before the travel. Incase I am asked to redo the pcc, will I be given time? That’s the only question I have.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Then, you should submit it after you return and obtain the fresh documents.
Otherwise, you need to provide LOE incase any crucial document is missing.

Yes, you get 30 days period (or 60 days) for pcc submission if requested.

dwarakb

Nov 15, 2022
hey,

I got pcc done but I didn’t get the paper on time. I had stated my emergency situation to travel and wrote a letter of explanation and received the AOR. Submitted my profile before I travelled. Hope that is fine.

dwarakb

Nov 15, 2022
Then, you should submit it after you return and obtain the fresh documents.
Otherwise, you need to provide LOE incase any crucial document is missing.

Yes, you get 30 days period (or 60 days) for pcc submission if requested.
I got pcc done but I didn’t get the paper on time. I had stated my emergency situation to travel and wrote a letter of explanation and received the AOR, I substantiated with email I received on pcc. Submitted my profile before I travelled. Hope that is fine.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I got pcc done but I didn’t get the paper on time. I had stated my emergency situation to travel and wrote a letter of explanation and received the AOR, I substantiated with email I received on pcc. Submitted my profile before I travelled. Hope that is fine.
Applying with letter of explanation is completely fine, if a document isn't available on time.

Since your country of residence and origin are both different, so if you receive the PCC before you return from India, I'm afraid you might have to apply again. Otherwise, it may land your application in trouble and even PCC-based-refusal is expected in such scenario if the officer isn't satisfied !

Reason: PCC must be issued only after your exit from the previous country ! (Not applicable to country of residence )