+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I quit my job?

woodchild

Sep 8, 2017
You don't need support letter from AINP bc you got AOR from IRCC.

Need support letter from PNP if you don't have AOR

Good luck :)
As I remember, under SRS, you can quit your job. You are always eligible to apply for BOWP, even you don't have a job because you are under SRS stream (not EDS stream).
Yes, you can have 2 PR application at the same time: 1 paper, 1 electronic. If you apply for EE, you may or may not get your PR faster. I assume that you applied on Aug/2016, so 16 months after that should be around January 2018.
And for EE, I assume that you can apply it in October 2017, then your PR should be around March 2018.
=> I think your paper are still faster than EE because you choose EE a little bit late. However, we don't know because sometimes Paper PR can be even longer than 16 months (I see some ppl got PPR like 19-20 months...if you think you are in this case, go for EE).

p.s: To help you better, here is my timeline. I am also AINP and EE applicant.

AINP – EDS Stream (Employer Driven Stream)

5/2/2016: Applied AINP - EDS stream
22/3/2016: AINP File Number
30/1/2017: AINP Confirmation
31/1/2017: AINP Nomination
26/3/2017: Applied Paper-based PR
12/4/2017: Withdraw Paper-based PR
Express Entry – CEC Stream
19/4/2017: Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR) received
5/5/2017: Medical Passed and IP1 Stage
29/6/2017: Documents status changed to “Not need additional documents”
6/7/2017: NA2 Stage
2/8/2017: IP2 Stage
18/8/2017: PPR received
21/8/2017: Passport Sent
8/9/2017: Visa+COPR issued. Case closed.
Thanks again guys.

If I want to apply under EE. Again, employment is not a requirement right? And if I apply under EE in October and based on the timeline romrumrira calculated in his/her first response. If in January 2018 I get the PR under PNP, I can still withdraw from EE and get the application fee back? also is it true that even if English is your first language, you still have to take IELTS for EE (another WTF canada! fact)? And how do I use the medical result for both?

AABH

Sep 8, 2013
Thanks again guys.

If I want to apply under EE. Again, employment is not a requirement right? And if I apply under EE in October and based on the timeline romrumrira calculated in his/her first response. If in January 2018 I get the PR under PNP, I can still withdraw from EE and get the application fee back? also is it true that even if English is your first language, you still have to take IELTS for EE (another WTF canada! fact)? And how do I use the medical result for both?
I don't know about EE . But I know you MUST submit IELTS test for EE even if English is your first language

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks again guys.

you only need 1 year of working exp in Canada to apply under CEC. Yes you will need to withdraw it and you can't get the money back (I remember it's 550$). You still have to take IELTS. Often you can, but somehow some ppl show me the med paper of paper based pr has the AOR on that. I don't know if you can use it or not.

woodchild

Sep 8, 2017
I don't know about EE . But I know you MUST submit IELTS test for EE even if English is your first language
you only need 1 year of working exp in Canada to apply under CEC. Yes you will need to withdraw it and you can't get the money back (I remember it's 550$). You still have to take IELTS. Often you can, but somehow some ppl show me the med paper of paper based pr has the AOR on that. I don't know if you can use it or not.
Thank you so much Guys!