+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I post application whilst puting a later date on it?

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am going to apply for my wife. She'll meet her 1095 days requirement in few days. I checked with Canada Post....it takes 3 working days for application to reach at Citizenship Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

The scenario is ......i.e.
My wife will complete her 1095 days on Monday 07 April. If I post on Monday or Tuesday April 08, her application will be received at Nova Scotia office on either Thursday/Friday 11th April ......or ...perhaps....Monday 14th April, in case of possible delay.

My question is.... if I put 7th April on her "application form"/"online residence calculator" whilst posting it on 3rd April (Thursday), would it make any difference? DO they check when was the application posted?

Very importantly, her application will still be received at Nova Scotia office on 8th April or later. (since, it takes 3 working days, therefore the application will be received no earlier than 8th April)

Can they make a big deal out of it?

Would it be considered as a lie?

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
I strongly recommend against it, they check the date of them shipment and the date of signature on the application and if they find discrepancy, they will be very suspicious of you and will ask you to do the resident questionnaire and this could make you very delayed in her application

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Nomi2012 said:
I believe so. This is because the application forms are supposed to be signed and dated... meaning that the date given is supposed to be the date you signed the forms. Also you have to sign the printout of the residency calculator and I'm pretty sure it says something like signing it mean you swear that the dates on the calculator are accurate but how can it be accurate if you signed it before you fulfilled all the days? So in that regards you signed a false statement.

PakCan2013

Star Member
May 28, 2013
CIC scrutinize deeply if someone applying under 1100days,i know some of my friends they rushed to apply just after 1095 days and got so much delayed in process,one of my friend went for Judge hearing and Judge told him that you looks like in rush to get citizenship may be you are planning to go back home permanently after citizenship also the brighter chances to get RQ too,but choice is yours.

kimosabe

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Nomi2012 said:
I am going to apply for my wife. She'll meet her 1095 days requirement in few days. I checked with Canada Post....it takes 3 working days for application to reach at Citizenship Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

The scenario is ......i.e.
My wife will complete her 1095 days on Monday 07 April. If I post on Monday or Tuesday April 08, her application will be received at Nova Scotia office on either Thursday/Friday 11th April ......or ...perhaps....Monday 14th April, in case of possible delay.

My question is.... if I put 7th April on her "application form"/"online residence calculator" whilst posting it on 3rd April (Thursday), would it make any difference? DO they check when was the application posted?

Very importantly, her application will still be received at Nova Scotia office on 8th April or later. (since, it takes 3 working days, therefore the application will be received no earlier than 8th April)

Can they make a big deal out of it?

Yes, I believe they can make a big deal of it if they notice and find out.

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
I strongly recommend against it, they check the date of them shipment and the date of signature on the application and if they find discrepancy, they will be very suspicious of you and will ask you to do the resident questionnaire and this could make you very delayed in her application
Thanks for your comments .
That will definitely help.

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
I believe so. This is because the application forms are supposed to be signed and dated... meaning that the date given is supposed to be the date you signed the forms. Also you have to sign the printout of the residency calculator and I'm pretty sure it says something like signing it mean you swear that the dates on the calculator are accurate but how can it be accurate if you signed it before you fulfilled all the days? So in that regards you signed a false statement.
Yes you are right. I was just wondering!!! Too afraid of bill c-24

Thanks any way!
Best!

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PakCan2013 said:
CIC scrutinize deeply if someone applying under 1100days,i know some of my friends they rushed to apply just after 1095 days and got so much delayed in process,one of my friend went for Judge hearing and Judge told him that you looks like in rush to get citizenship may be you are planning to go back home permanently after citizenship also the brighter chances to get RQ too,but choice is yours.
But there are many people who applied after 1095/1096/1097 days especially after the hanging sword of Bill C-24.

Thanks for your help anyway!!!

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kimosabe said:
Yes, I believe they can make a big deal of it if they notice and find out.
Thanks very much for your considerable opinion! It would help me a lot

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whats a rush ? please wait passed 1100 mark after being honest and then apply ,, you waited for such a long time , adding five more days would not hurt at all - my friend --please do not cheat a system - i am sure they will find it out and if they did give you lot of trouble for it..

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2003 said:
It's a very, very unwise thought. :(

What will you gain by cheating on a few days for the mail to get through? If there's any one criteria that CIC is most stringent about is meeting the residency requirement. You even risk having your application flat out rejected if they detect such fraud at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney. If you take time to read threads here, you'll realize how many people who honestly applied but have their applications still doubted by CIC, causing agonizing delays in processing.

Be sensible.
What on earth are you talking about? Who is trying to cheat? If someone were to cheat, he would've, without even posting an inquiry. Don't be judgmental!!!! And stop giving your temperamental lectures on honesty for God sake. It is quite condescending.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomi2012 said:
Bill -C24
No one should be worried too much at this point of time about Bill C-24. There is at least 7 to 10 months before the new law will come in effect. Applying in rush often yield silly mistakes, either in application filling or documentations. Make sure residence calculator signing and application signing are the same date. Never ever sign forward dated application and mail it. CIC will return the entire application package straight a way..

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
have you folks read this on the Residency calculator:

Please make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on this page are the same.

Warning: If you send an application containing misleading or fraudulent information, you can be charged with a criminal offence and your citizenship application can be refused.

I think its Illegal to post date an application (any letter for say), otherwise there is no point in putting a date to a letter/application. Period.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Nomi2012 said:
Bill -C24
Do not worry , you guys are very safe. I will complete my 1095 days presence in Sept.Having said that,, I am pretty sure I won't be affected by this law.

Besides, as per CIC website ,you MUST sign the application form , the day you become eligible.

So relax !