AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
yes legally u CAN, but NOT recommended unless it's emergency family matter and u must tell citizenship judge u was away and u never know how good or bad is that judge.

But I would stay stay stay put until get it just to avoid authority's questions.
If you want to be a hermit and not enjoy your vacation outside Canada, by all means go ahead. However don't try to scare others into staying inside Canada at all cost. CIC / judge knows the difference between going on vacation and staying outside Canada to live and work elsewhere.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
If you want to be a hermit and not enjoy your vacation outside Canada, by all means go ahead. However don't try to scare others into staying inside Canada at all cost. CIC / judge knows the difference between going on vacation and staying outside Canada to live and work elsewhere.
it's not scare, that's why I you never know judges you meet in brief, I seen people accused of of countries they just went to vacation by sick judges and denied, I rejected free Hawaii vacation this summer because my application is under process but I would have really loved.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
it's not scare, that's why I you never know judges you meet in brief, I seen people accused of of countries they just went to vacation by sick judges and denied, I rejected free Hawaii vacation this summer because my application is under process but I would have really loved.
I think it depends on your specific case. If they suspect you of not having spent enough time in this country or that you do not really want to be here than it might be wise to stay put.
In my case, it was clear that the center point of my life is clearly in Vancouver and that I clearly intend to stay here forever, so I believe I could have spent a couple of months abroad without them raising an eyebrow. As said before, my travel history is immense and I still had not the slightest issue.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
If you are not required to inform them, by all means call CIC to remove it from the website. Until then, it has equal importance as the other two.

You do realize that if you missed your correspondence and fail to reply by a deadline, due to not informing them of your absent in Canada, CIC can view your missed response as abandoning your application and thus can close the application. That sound pretty serious, don't you think?
Yes, I agree. It might be in your practical interest to inform them, but don't confuse that with a legal requirement.