+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I go back home for a funeral while I wait for my PR application to process?

Jul 19, 2023
I have PR application through common-law which hasn't officially been in process yet, I JUST submitted it. My question is: my grandfather back in the states is very sick and the Doctors are saying he could go anytime now, would I be able to go and visit for the funeral before my application is officially in process? Is there any paperwork I'd need to fill out?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have PR application through common-law which hasn't officially been in process yet, I JUST submitted it. My question is: my grandfather back in the states is very sick and the Doctors are saying he could go anytime now, would I be able to go and visit for the funeral before my application is officially in process? Is there any paperwork I'd need to fill out?
This is not a family sponsorship issues but do you have a valid TRV to re-enter? If you do, yes you can. If you don’t, you need a TRV or ETA.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Are you on a US passport? If so, should be no problem if it's a short visit.