+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i get university

bhargavk

Jun 18, 2011
hi
i got 60% in my b tech. all i need is to find out is the university that i can get , my consultancy people are saying that i can not get the university's in canada with 60%. is it true guys.....
Betch : computer science and engineering
60%
TOEFL score 84

senseNsimplicity

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th July 2011
Doc's Request.
27th july 2011
IELTS Request
30-04-2010
Med's Request
Pre-Med
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2011
brother... The admission process for canadian unis is so weird.... Dat u cnt say in which uni u will get admit n in which not....

There is no ranking as such for thm, as its case in US unis....

now coming to ur question.... I will say its not dat u can not get into any uni with these marks...
U cn try in some less popular but gud unis...
Also visit canada123.org.... they have offices in india and deal with 3-4 unis....

Talking abt consultants... They r jst money making machines... They will send u to a place frm where ever they get commision even if its a high skul.....
as unis dnt entertaint consultants... They(consultants) say most of d studnets dat u wont be able to make in to uni....

Rest is upto u....

Google urself...visit each uni's page.....try for course based masters rather thn research or project based....

Best of luck!!
Cheers

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
SenseNSimplicity is right! You never know whether or not you will get into a Canadian university. Sometimes student with lower grades get into good universities while higher graded students get rejected.

Consultants are always looking for ways to end you in places where your future will be uncertain and they will get money and they generally get money for advertisement from places where the future is really dark (rest depends on the potential of student too).

So don't be demotivated by consultants.

bhargavk

Jun 18, 2011
thanks senseNsimplicity
very good information ....
is their any chance of getting university in Canada with my academic history

sunny753951

Jul 28, 2011
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Med's Request
Attached with application
Passport Req..
Attached with application
VISA ISSUED...
jaldi hi
LANDED..........
bus visa milte hi....
i think good univ need atleast 95 in toefl

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
bhargavk said:
thanks rhasan
can you name any university where i can get the admission
What are you planning to study?

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
bhargavk said:
i want to study MS in computer science
Find out universities whose minimum requirement suits you. There are several universities (can't remember the names actually...google it) whose requirements are less than the U15. I am not sure about the minimum req of toelf but for ielts, its mostly 6.5

vishu639

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
bhargav .. m also gonna apply for MS .. i went to 3-4 consultants .. they all said that m not gonna get admsn in canada as there requirement is high.. so they suggested me PG Diploma. which is a college based course.. then i started searching on net. as everything is available here..u can check your eligibility by
w.grad.uwaterloo.ca/students/prospective/international.asp

w.usask.ca/cgsr/prospective_students/requirements/international.php

//grad.uwo.ca/prospective_students/admission_requirements.htm#equivalency

i jus say from my personal experience. dont trust on consultants.. they have interested in cmission as they have tie ups with colleges.. best of gud luck

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhargavk said:
hi
i got 60% in my b tech. all i need is to find out is the university that i can get , my consultancy people are saying that i can not get the university's in canada with 60%. is it true guys.....
Betch : computer science and engineering
60%
TOEFL score 84
1. Your consultant said, you won't get admission "in a University" with your academic credential ! Sound nonsense... These nefarious consultant usually do not have any tie up with good grade University and for that reason, its impossible for them to earn (or make) money from either side. That is why they always insist for courses like PG Diploma from where they make good money. Try to understand, these agents are not doing any charity/social work for you...they want business out of you ! I do not understand why you guys run after Consultants...simply go online...search University/courses...contact them by email...if recieve positive response, thn pay application fees online (usually 75 to 100 Canadian dollar)...after 1-2 months you receive response...get acceptance letter...fill up visa papers and apply for the same....its simple process !

2. Its "possible for you" to get into University. Just visit website of prospective University, thn on to concerned Faculty Website, and thn look for minimum admission requirement, like TOELF/IELTS/Grades etc.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishu639 said:
bhargav .. m also gonna apply for MS .. i went to 3-4 consultants .. they all said that m not gonna get admsn in canada as there requirement is high.. so they suggested me PG Diploma. which is a college based course.. then i started searching on net. as everything is available here..u can check your eligibility by
w.grad.uwaterloo.ca/students/prospective/international.asp

w.usask.ca/cgsr/prospective_students/requirements/international.php

//grad.uwo.ca/prospective_students/admission_requirements.htm#equivalency

i jus say from my personal experience. dont trust on consultants.. they have interested in cmission as they have tie ups with colleges.. best of gud luck
yes, I agree with you 100 percent.

NEER4DEC

Aug 12, 2011
THERE ARE LOTS OF UNIVERSITIES IN CANADA IN WHICH U CAN GET ADMISSION .... SOME OF THEM ARE
DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY HALIFAX( BOTH MASTERS AND mENGG PROGRAM AVAILABLE ), REYERSION UNIVERSITY TORONTO( mENGG PROGRAM) ,ACADIA UNIVERSITY (MSC COMPUTER SCIENCE),UNIVERSITY OF REGINA(FEE STRUCTURE IS LOWEST IN CANADA FOR MASTER PROGRAMS)..I think this may help u little..good luck