+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I enter Canada now with a COPR if I get a job offer?

dustan

May 9, 2018
I recently found out that after receiving a confirmation of permanent residence, I cannot enter Canada due to pandemic related travel restrictions; however, there are so many exceptions to this rule that maybe I have missed something. I do not have relatives in Canada nor do I have a job offer. Some people say that they were able to re-enter Canada having work visa only. So I wonder whether I might get a permission to land if I find an official work offer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I recently found out that after receiving a confirmation of permanent residence, I cannot enter Canada due to pandemic related travel restrictions; however, there are so many exceptions to this rule that maybe I have missed something. I do not have relatives in Canada nor do I have a job offer. Some people say that they were able to re-enter Canada having work visa only. So I wonder whether I might get a permission to land if I find an official work offer.
You would literally need to go through the long and expensive process ( for the employer) to try and get an LMIA and then get approved for a WP to enter Canada.

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Short answer, yes if you have job in exempted category.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-travel-restrictions.717730/post-9177518

It is really worth if you invest little time in the forums and find the answers since they are repeatedly answered in many threads across sections.