+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i change my visit visa to temporary work visa in Canada?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can send your application for initial Work Permit to either Seattle or Buffalo.

tawny said:
How can i obtain a temporary work visa in Canada as a visitor? Do i need to go back in the Philippines or can i just send my application to Buffalo,Seattle? Please send your reply right away. Thanks

dree

Nov 9, 2011
I am a visitor who has been here in Canada for a couple months now and I recently applied for an extension and succeeded. However, I only have until mid-April as my passport expires then and I would love to stay here and work. I also recently had my daughter here. What are my options for staying, and getting a job? How do I proceed? I urgently need some help and advice. BTW, I am a teacher with over 10 yrs experience.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Look for an employer willing to hire you and going through "hiring a temporary foreign worker" (ad, LMO). Once a positive LMO is obtained, you can send your application for the WP at a visa/consulate office outside Canada, the US being the closest. You also have to have a new Passport considering your passport is expiring.

dree said:
I am a visitor who has been here in Canada for a couple months now and I recently applied for an extension and succeeded. However, I only have until mid-April as my passport expires then and I would love to stay here and work. I also recently had my daughter here. What are my options for staying, and getting a job? How do I proceed? I urgently need some help and advice. BTW, I am a teacher with over 10 yrs experience.

UglyVenus

Jul 4, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am a visitor also and already applied for extension but the decision has not been made(Im still waiting for it).
I have found an employer and he already submitted the application for my LMO.

What are the possible things that will happen or Are there anything should I do?
Any help or idea Pls?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
With the positive LMO send your application for the initial WP at a consulate/visa office in the US together with copies of your supporting papers (that qualifies you for the job or position) and a copy of the receipt paid for your application to extend your stay in Canada.

UglyVenus said:
Hi everyone,

I am a visitor also and already applied for extension but the decision has not been made(Im still waiting for it).
I have found an employer and he already submitted the application for my LMO.

What are the possible things that will happen or Are there anything should I do?
Any help or idea Pls?

UglyVenus

Jul 4, 2011
Thank you very much Sir

job_seeker said:
With the positive LMO send your application for the initial WP at a consulate/visa office in the US together with copies of your supporting papers (that qualifies you for the job or position) and a copy of the receipt paid for your application to extend your stay in Canada.

santhai22

Dec 6, 2011
Hi! I have the same situation I'm here in canada as a visitor i found a employer and i got a sponsorship, i send my application to buffalo they send me a letter that i have to go in buffalo for the interview, i don't have a u.s visa. I need an advice is the u.s consulate will give me a entry visa for my interview? please could someone answer me

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
santhai22 said:
Hi! I have the same situation I'm here in canada as a visitor i found a employer and i got a sponsorship, i send my application to buffalo they send me a letter that i have to go in buffalo for the interview, i don't have a u.s visa. I need an advice is the u.s consulate will give me a entry visa for my interview? please could someone answer me

thanks
There's no guarantee the US consulate will approve a visa to allow you to attend the interview. The most you can do is apply and hope for the best.

xredtulipx

Mar 1, 2013
Hi i'll be very thankful if someone can help me in this i'm not from a visa exempt country i have a single entry visit visa of Canada and multiple entry visa of US. In feb 2013 i was in canada where i got a job offer and employers also provide me with a positive LMOnow i'm un US to meet my family and planning to go back to canada as i can re-enter again on single entry if i just visit US. I'll be flying to edmonton airport my question is this that can i just ask to change my status from visitor to worker at the port of entry on the aiport? is this possible that they can give me that? has anybody have any experience of doing this?