+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i bring my laptop?

cutex79

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone! just wanna ask if is it ok if i'll bring my laptop..im entering as a tourist....will i have problems if i bring it? just wanna use it so i'll still can communicate with my family back home since we have time differential and don't wanna interrupt my friend during night and i know their computer is inside their room...thanks to those who will help me out.....

cutex79

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babycakes said:
Yes, you may bring your laptop.

Did you receive your visa already?
Thanks babycakes! i have my visa already and was given 6 mons...thanks a lot again!

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
When did you apply and when did you receive your visa?

We are also waiting for my daughter's application, her application was picked up on the 20th of May and we are still waiting.

She is 3 years old and she applied for a multiple TRV.

Congrats to you and God bless!

cutex79

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babycakes said:
When did you apply and when did you receive your visa?

We are also waiting for my daughter's application, her application was picked up on the 20th of May and we are still waiting.

She is 3 years old and she applied for a multiple TRV.

Congrats to you and God bless!
my documents was picked up by the courier on the 18th of may, then i received the documents june 5th..but my visa was issued, june 2....thank God and that was fast...i hope n pray for your daughters visa to arrive soon...! im leaving end of this month.....

kyu010170

May 27, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009 Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009 NS AOR
AOR Received.
9-06-2009 Buffalo AOR
File Transfer...
Remained in Buffalo
Med's Request
26-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
Sure you can bring your laptop, cellphone, all other electronic gadgets so long as they are not in the list of prohibited items to bring into Canada. You will not be taxed on these items because you are only entering as a temporary resident (visitor) and it can be presumed that you will not leave them in Canada when you depart.

Have fun in Canada!

SHyzKie

Jul 8, 2011
Hi there,

I will be moving in Canada this coming Saturday July 16, 2011 and I am just a little bit worried with my laptop. According to my sister, the airport security will probably check my laptop and look for the sticker that will identify if the Operating System installed on my laptop is License or not. Unfortunately i don't have that sticker on my laptop but there is already an operating installed on it. Do you think it will cause a delay on my part or the airport security will confiscate my laptop due to that?

Please advise.

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
SHyzKie said:
Hi there,

I will be moving in Canada this coming Saturday July 16, 2011 and I am just a little bit worried with my laptop. According to my sister, the airport security will probably check my laptop and look for the sticker that will identify if the Operating System installed on my laptop is License or not. Unfortunately i don't have that sticker on my laptop but there is already an operating installed on it. Do you think it will cause a delay on my part or the airport security will confiscate my laptop due to that?

Please advise.

Thanks,
I've never heard of this happening. I travel a great deal by plane and my laptop (or my netbook) is always with me. My husband does the same. I have never once had anyone verify if there are stickers and/or my OS or other software is licensed. They don't even open it.

But maybe others have heard otherwise...