+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for Student Visa - During my PR application in process at Buffalo VO

spatel09

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
xxxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

My FSW PR application is in process right now at Buffalo VO.

Can i apply for Student visa during my application in process.

Please suggest your opinion on this matter.

Thank you

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, ofcourse you can apply for Student visa.
No problem at all, your application will be in process during your stay in canada.

OMM

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011, CC charged: 26-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
omm said:
Yes, ofcourse you can apply for Student visa.
No problem at all, your application will be in process during your stay in canada.

OMM
I am not very sure about that. Are you not supposed to convince the VO that you will return back to your home country after your course of study. Will it be in their records that you have already applied for a PR.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No worried thats means "Dual Intent" and it is acceptable in Canada.
during your PR process you can apply for Study visa as well as work permit if you have.

OMM

NKKD Hortons said:
I am not very sure about that. Are you not supposed to convince the VO that you will return back to your home country after your course of study. Will it be in their records that you have already applied for a PR.

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
omm said:
during your PR process you can apply for Study visa as well as work permit if you have.

OMM
Is it a catch 22 situation? where they say dual intent is acceptable but when you go ahead and apply for a temporary WP while the PR application is in-process, they use that against you to reject the application .
I wonder how one can prove that they intend to return to their country when you have filed an application to show interest that you want to settle/work in Canada :(

Sanity

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
omm said:

OMM
I am in a fix here myself...I have applied for FSW1. It is likely that I will get a job offer in the next few weeks and applying for work permit could be an option. I am not even worried about the dual intent bit, but how it affects the FSW application vis a vis medical request (if I don't do that before the work permit) and even passport request. I haven't got confirmation yet, but would be happy to prepare myself along these lines. Your inputs will be very appreciated! Mandie

spatel09

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
xxxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Guys for your views...

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read more about Dual intent on CIC web page.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/intent.asp

OMM

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I understand your text, if you get medical request soon (in few weeks) of your FSW application than why you want to apply for work permit?
now at this stage you are going to finished your all stages of your PR.
my advice is if you get medical soon than go for medical ASAP , you will be get visa soon. that means no need for work permit application, there will be no negative impact on your application but it's meaning less to apply!!

OMM

mandiebraxton said:
I am in a fix here myself...I have applied for FSW1. It is likely that I will get a job offer in the next few weeks and applying for work permit could be an option. I am not even worried about the dual intent bit, but how it affects the FSW application vis a vis medical request (if I don't do that before the work permit) and even passport request. I haven't got confirmation yet, but would be happy to prepare myself along these lines. Your inputs will be very appreciated! Mandie

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
omm said:
Read more about Dual intent on CIC web page.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/intent.asp

OMM
Hey OMM - that was quick & very helpful. An agent I spoke to gave the exact opposite info - not much of a surprise !
+1 for you

Sanity

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanity said:
Hey OMM - that was quick & very helpful. An agent I spoke to gave the exact opposite info - not much of a surprise !
+1 for you

Sanity
Great Sanity Thanks, this forum will help lots of people and you will find real experienced people (not agents). Agents always looks to eat your money (but you can trust some agents if you know them personaly or they settled down some friends of yours or family members of yours , some are genuiene lawyers not agents, but 99% agents we are not trust them).

OMM

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011, CC charged: 26-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
mandiebraxton said:
If you have an offer of employment, you may send that letter to your VO and there is a possibility that they will speed up your FSW1 application processing. Again, I am not sure about that. I would wait for the senior members to comment on this.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NKKD Hortons said:
If you have an offer of employment, you may send that letter to your VO and there is a possibility that they will speed up your FSW1 application processing. Again, I am not sure about that. I would wait for the senior members to comment on this.
Hi NKKD Hortons,

Having an offer of employment, unfortunately, does not speed up the processing of PR application.

CIC already has the issue of fraud AEO's to deal with and if this trend of "Offer of employment" (which would fall in category of TFW) were to begin then who knows - CIC might just close down. CIC will not be handle/deal the cascade of fraudulent offers.

Mitali