+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for Spouse & Child Visitor Visa? I just got Got Passport Request (PPR).

Mr_Kumar

Feb 2, 2023
Ghaziabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2022
Med's Done....
21 Nov 2022
Hi Guys,

After a long wait of 137 days, I got PPR just a few days ago on my study permit application. I am happy about it.

Now, when I got PPR, I am seeking the best way to take my wife and son along with me. My intake is Sept 2023. So, I have 5 months in hand.
  1. Will it be good to apply for a visitor visa for my wife and son?
  2. If it is okay then how I should put the application? As...my wife and son want to make me settle down in Canada and in a couple of months they will return back? OR my wife & son apply for a visitor visa as they want to visit Canada as tourists and they will do tourism activity and will return back?
  3. My understanding is... the first option is better as it is more genuine than the second one. What should I do and what the SOP should be like to get their visitor visa easily?
Many Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

After a long wait of 137 days, I got PPR just a few days ago on my study permit application. I am happy about it.

Now, when I got PPR, I am seeking the best way to take my wife and son along with me. My intake is Sept 2023. So, I have 5 months in hand.
  2. If it is okay then how I should put the application? As...my wife and son want to make me settle down in Canada and in a couple of months they will return back? OR my wife & son apply for a visitor visa as they want to visit Canada as tourists and they will do tourism activity and will return back?
  3. My understanding is... the first option is better as it is more genuine than the second one. What should I do and what the SOP should be like to get their visitor visa easily?
Many Thanks in advance.
If your wide and child want to live in Canada with you they need to apply for an OWP and study permit (if the child is 4+).

Reactions: Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar

Feb 2, 2023
Ghaziabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2022
Med's Done....
21 Nov 2022
If your wide and child want to live in Canada with you they need to apply for an OWP and study permit (if the child is 4+).
Thank you for responding.

I know that my wife needs OWP and my child needs a study permit. But my college recommended applying for OWP & SP for child once I reach Canada alone.
Here, I am seeking a way to take my family with me through their visitor visa. So, this will be like first applying for a visitor visa for both, and once we all reach Canada then apply for OWP for the wife & SP for the child.

Will this be a good idea or is there any other option we have?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for responding.

I know that my wife needs OWP and my child needs a study permit. But my college recommended applying for OWP & SP for child once I reach Canada alone.
Here, I am seeking a way to take my family with me through their visitor visa. So, this will be like first applying for a visitor visa for both, and once we all reach Canada then apply for OWP for the wife & SP for the child.

Will this be a good idea or is there any other option we have?
You can try but there is a good chance of your spouse being denied a TRV if it is clear that she isn’t planning on a visit to Canada and she wants to live in Canada. You can apply for the OWP and TRV or study permit from your home country. Approval is not guaranteed. Will depend on multiple things from extra savings, type of degree you are doing/school you are attending, ties to your home country, etc. By applying without them that created ties to your home country which is why it was suggested you apply without them.

Reactions: Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar

Feb 2, 2023
Ghaziabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2022
Med's Done....
21 Nov 2022
You can try but there is a good chance of your spouse being denied a TRV if it is clear that she isn’t planning on a visit to Canada and she wants to live in Canada. You can apply for the OWP and TRV or study permit from your home country. Approval is not guaranteed. Will depend on multiple things from extra savings, type of degree you are doing/school you are attending, ties to your home country, etc. By applying without them that created ties to your home country which is why it was suggested you apply without them.
Thank you so much @canuck78

Your advice is right. I did apply for my study permit alone and got Passport Request (PPR) already. Now, I am talking about... how to take my wife and son along with me. Please throw some light on this.

I am going in Aug (Sept 2023 Intake).

Mr_Kumar

Feb 2, 2023
Ghaziabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2022
Med's Done....
21 Nov 2022
Dear @canuck78,

Do you think it will be a good idea if my wife take admission to a course of 6 months in the same city as my college and she applies for her study permit along with our child's visitor visa?

Kindly, throw some light if such a method can work.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear @canuck78,

Do you think it will be a good idea if my wife take admission to a course of 6 months in the same city as my college and she applies for her study permit along with our child's visitor visa?

Kindly, throw some light if such a method can work.

Thanks
Would her taking that course make sense based on her previous education and work history? Would it lead to career progression upon return to her home country? Is she currently working? Do you have the extra funds to pay for both courses and cost of living. Being a student versus accompanying an international student will require proof of more funds. Realistically if signing up for a 6 month course it will likely just appear as she is trying to accompany you to Canada so unless the course makes sense and will benefit her career I would stick to applying for the OWP. Is she currently working or do most women return to work if they have young children? If most women do not return to work when they have children epecially young children you would need to try and include proof that she will be working outside of the home.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much @canuck78

Your advice is right. I did apply for my study permit alone and got Passport Request (PPR) already. Now, I am talking about... how to take my wife and son along with me. Please throw some light on this.

I am going in Aug (Sept 2023 Intake).
I would apply as soon as possible to try to get an answer before August 2023. Chances of approval depends on things like type of degree, school, funds, other ties to your home country, citizenship, luck, etc.

Saadsait

Apr 25, 2020
Hi Guys,

Many Thanks in advance.
I'm in a similar situation.
My wife got PPR, now I would like to apply OWP and Study Permit for myself and for my daughter.
Wanted to know when is the right time to apply for OWP&SP, how soon can I apply.

Infact, we prefer to travel together, as we don't want our daughter to miss that family bonding.

Appreciate if you could share your findings.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm in a similar situation.
My wife got PPR, now I would like to apply OWP and Study Permit for myself and for my daughter.
Wanted to know when is the right time to apply for OWP&SP, how soon can I apply.

Infact, we prefer to travel together, as we don't want our daughter to miss that family bonding.

Appreciate if you could share your findings.
PPR for what? Did your wife get a study or work permit? Why didn’t you just apply at the same time if you didn’t want to miss family bonding? You can apply now (show funds, ties to home country etc.) but if refused then wait until wife is in Canada. OWP and study permit are not guaranteed.

Saadsait

Apr 25, 2020
PPR for what? Did your wife get a study or work permit? Why didn’t you just apply at the same time if you didn’t want to miss family bonding? You can apply now (show funds, ties to home country etc.) but if refused then wait until wife is in Canada. OWP and study permit are not guaranteed.

PPR for Study Permit.
Did not apply together as we were not able to show strong ties to resident country(KSA).
Have shown family, plot & house as ties to back in home country, India.

Saadsait

Apr 25, 2020

PPR for Study Permit.
Did not apply together as we were not able to show strong ties to resident country(KSA).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
PPR for Study Permit.
Where are you now. You can apply if you and your child can show ties to return to India as well as funds above what your spouse included in applicaiton. The reason spouse may have been approved is because you were not accompanying. Your spouse in Canada will weaken ties.

Last edited:

Saadsait

Apr 25, 2020
Where are you now. You can apply if you and your child can show ties to return to India as well as funds above what your spouse included in applicaiton. The reason spouse may have been approved is because you were not accompanying. Your spouse in Canada will weaken ties.
We live in Riyadh.
wife is yet to travel. Travel date end of AUG23.
We(me and daughter) would like to go along with her(wife).
Want to know how soon can we apply for our visa and is it possible to go with my wife.

I know, the sure shot to get mine and daughters visa, is to wait for my wife to complete her first semester and then to apply for Visit visa with her marksheet and her local contact details.

Would like to know if there is any other quicker possibility other than the above mentioned procedure.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We live in Riyadh.
wife is yet to travel. Travel date end of AUG23.
We(me and daughter) would like to go along with her(wife).
Want to know how soon can we apply for our visa and is it possible to go with my wife.

I know, the sure shot to get mine and daughters visa, is to wait for my wife to complete her first semester and then to apply for Visit visa with her marksheet and her local contact details.

Would like to know if there is any other quicker possibility other than the above mentioned procedure.
You can apply now. There is no quick procedure.