+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for PR when spouse is pragnent while staying in Canada

Balaji99

Aug 29, 2018
Hi All,

Hope everyone are doing great. I am currently staying in Canada on closed work permit and my current CRS score is above 450. I have created express entry profile as well. There are high chances that I will receive ITA in the next draw.

Now, I got to know my wife is 6 week pregnant. Can anyone suggest on below questions I have.

1. Can she complete all medical tests ?
2. Does it impact processing time of PR?

Also, if anyone has gone through same situation could you kindly guide me.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Hope everyone are doing great. I am currently staying in Canada on closed work permit and my current CRS score is above 450. I have created express entry profile as well. There are high chances that I will receive ITA in the next draw.

Now, I got to know my wife is 6 week pregnant. Can anyone suggest on below questions I have.

1. Can she complete all medical tests ?
2. Does it impact processing time of PR?

Also, if anyone has gone through same situation could you kindly guide me.

Thanks in advance.
1. Most doctors recommend against having the x-ray done while a woman is pregnant. But it's ultimately your choice.
2. She must complete the medical in order for the PR application to be finalized. If she decides to postpone the x-ray until after your child is born, the PR application processing will be put on hold until she can complete the medical.

Balaji99

Aug 29, 2018
1. Most doctors recommend against having the x-ray done while a woman is pregnant. But it's ultimately your choice.
2. She must complete the medical in order for the PR application to be finalized. If she decides to postpone the x-ray until after your child is born, the PR application processing will be put on hold until she can complete the medical.
Thank you Scylla.

So, does cic put whole application on hold ? or do they process mine and put only my wife’s application hold.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you Scylla.

So, does cic put whole application on hold ? or do they process mine and put only my wife’s application hold.
The entire application is put on hold. Your PR visa cannot be finalized until your wife completes the medical.

Balaji99

Aug 29, 2018
The entire application is put on hold. Your PR visa cannot be finalized until your wife completes the medical.
Hi scylla - I have applied in Nov -2018 with X-Ray deferral letter given by panel physician and currently I'm in IP2(but medicals under review). While they wait for x-ray from my wife, do they perform eligibility and back ground checks in parallel or they start after we provide the x-ray? since I'm CEC inland applicant and child is born in Canada do they still request for child birth certificate and passport documents to make decision?

Please advise.

Thanks!