Med's Done....
Oct. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov. 9, 2013
I just received passport request and in the email it also requests 2 recent photographs for the PR card. The email refers to the photo requirements here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixB

The two photos must:

- show a full front view of the person’s head showing full face centred in the middle of the photo;
- be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows;
- be produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera;
- be original photos (not taken from any existing photo);
- measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown (top of hair);
- have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″) finished size;
- be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable;
- be on prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent discolouration;
- bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable).

I have photos taken just a month ago, they meet all the requirements above except that there are no markings on the back of the photos. The requirements didn't say specifically that they require photographer's stamp for the dates, so I was wondering if it's okay to have hand-written dates on the back on the photos? I was hoping I could use these and send out my passport tomorrow morning, so I don't have to go somewhere else to take new photos.

Has anyone submitted PR card photos with hand-written dates? Your help is greatly appreciated!

nick22

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2013
Med's Done....
09-11-2013
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
dont take a chance and get it date stamped from the place that took it.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per documents checklist: -

Photo Requirements
Supply six (6) photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the instruction provided in the section How to Complete the Forms of the application guide and in Appendix A: Photo Specifications. Photos must have been taken within six (6) months before application submission.
On the back of five (5) of the photographs, write the name and date of birth of the person who appears in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken. Leave the sixth photograph blank.

So, the CIC answer to your question is it can be written, or stamped.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
Agree with JSM.... I remember doing this in 2011 for my son's photos which I got couriered from India, I wrote the name and date on the photos.

P.S - Thats why I deleted my previous post.

snuffles

Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 14, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 9, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov. 9, 2013
Thanks for the input everyone, especially jsm and BigBee. However I do want to point out that I'm referring to the 2 PR photos asked during passport request, not the 6 pictures for the initial application. The wordings in the requirements are different, and there is no clear indication of whether or not written dates are acceptable for the 2 PR photos. Additionally,unlike the 6 photos, I don't think one should write down name or DOB on these 2 photos.

I did a search after posting the thread and found similar questions. It seems only few people had issues submitting photos with hand written dates. See below threads:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/photos-for-cec-pr-application-t135594.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/the-date-photo-taken-on-the-pr-card-back-must-be-stamped-t121875.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/photo-specifications-date-at-the-back-t155996.0.html

I decided not to take a chance of writing the dates using a pen, so I borrowed a date stamp at work and stamped the dates myself. They worked well and look the same as the ones I got from Costco. If one can't access to a stamp, you can buy one from Staples for less than $10 like this: http://www.staples.ca/en/Trodat-1117-Phrase-Dater-Stamp-4-mm-English/product_12643_2-CA_1_20001

VinodVandkar

Mar 9, 2017
Hi Experts,

I have two questions, your advice will be appreciated:

1. I landed on 27th of July. Last week on 20th of Sep received new Photo Request for PR card from IRCC by e-mail as below.

Please return this letter and photos by mail to:

Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500 – PRC Mailroom
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

The question here is:
Do I need to send this letter and two new Photographs OR will need add a copy of COPR as well?
What is the best way to send photograph in mail? Post or Register post or what means, please guide.

2. In the same photo request e-mail it is also given below:

You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately to IRCC. Once an application is in process at our office, changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp. Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of your application.

The question here is:
During Landing, I gave friend's address and stayed there for a month. Recently moved to an rented apartment.
Now, do I need to update my latest address to CIC or not required? The above words from CIC about address update is quite confusing please clarify.

Thanks in advance! Good day