+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a sibling issue lmia to his brother ? Or get designated for atlantic program

AvasthiSanj

Apr 2, 2022
Hi i m a canadian citizen. I have a restuarant in Nova Scotia. My brother lives in india and wants to come here as permanent resident. Can i give him lmia and job offer so he can work for me ? I really need a cook and my brother is a cook in indiw. Does ircc allow it

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi i m a canadian citizen. I have a restuarant in Nova Scotia. My brother lives in india and wants to come here as permanent resident. Can i give him lmia and job offer so he can work for me ? I really need a cook and my brother is a cook in indiw. Does ircc allow it
For AIPP, are you a designated employer? If not you need to become a designated employer and show you couldn’t hire locally. You need to meet requirements as a designated employer.

Same for LMIA, do you meet requirements and can prove you can’t hire Canadians or PRs?

If you get LMIA, your brother will apply for a closed work permit and his application will undergo extra scrutiny because he is your sibling. Processing for a closed work permit from India is around 54 weeks not including LMIA processings.

AvasthiSanj

Apr 2, 2022
Im going to apply to get designated . Well there is no fraud. I geninunely need a cook. Im in an area where population is less and there are few people willing to work in restuarant. So im looking for a foreign worker which is my brother cuz he already a cook in india for 2 years now. Btw

AvasthiSanj

Apr 2, 2022
How much time work permit for atlantic immigrstion program take. I know atlantic program takes 1 year to 1.5 years

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Btw is there any way to speed up his work permit process cuz i really need a worker fast
Im going to apply to get designated . Well there is no fraud. I geninunely need a cook. Im in an area where population is less and there are few people willing to work in restuarant. So im looking for a foreign worker which is my brother cuz he already a cook in india for 2 years now. Btw
Never said fraud. I just said that his application will be more scrutinized because he is your brother. Take the LMIA route rather than filing for PR through AIPP (you are not designated) first. Since you have posted the job and have no interest, then pay $1k and file for the LMIA. Make sure that you have proof you have posted the job on various job sites for at least a month. There is no fast way.

For AIPP, your brother will need ECAs and IELTS too. Plus you need designation first. Then even with job offer, he still needs a work permit to come here and work while you wait for PR approval.

Ask NS PNP what to do, and seek their expertise.

AvasthiSanj

Apr 2, 2022
Thanks a lot . Will apply for lmia. You guys answering questions and helping people liek us. Keep up the good work . God bless you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks a lot . Will apply for lmia. You guys answering questions and helping people liek us. Keep up the good work . God bless you
I belieive as an employer can do both at the same time. File for a LMIA and become designated and then your brother can apply for AIPP. This way if one comes through first, he is ready. Tell him to make sure he is eligible for AIPP with ECAs and IELTS.

AvasthiSanj

Apr 2, 2022
Yes i ll do both. The only problem is my brother is 35 years old. And also he has only done high school 12th grade. He has done ielts and got 6 bands thats i think clb 6 . I dont know if he will be eligible if he has only done high school or hes 35. I heard its hard to immigrate after 35 and you get less points. What are the minimum requirements for atlantic program ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes i ll do both. The only problem is my brother is 35 years old. And also he has only done high school 12th grade. He has done ielts and got 6 bands thats i think clb 6 . I dont know if he will be eligible if he has only done high school or hes 35. I heard its hard to immigrate after 35 and you get less points. What are the minimum requirements for atlantic program ?
He needs ECA for secondary. The link is the requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration/how-to-immigrate/eligibility.html

JJMel

Oct 23, 2022
Hello!! I'm in a similar situation, my brother owns a business, and I wonder if you completed your bother's process.

thebawas

Jun 1, 2019
Thanks Naturgi for responding to the above query by Awasthi. such responses are helpful to many like us.

i am too in same situation. my brother also has a registered business and he is willing to give me a job offer. Yes, agree that work permits supported by such LMIAs will definitely invite stricter scrutiny, but not refused {i believe} for which all the processes have to be meticulously followed.

Ida remi

May 2, 2021
Any updates please,did you apply for lmia and did your brother got aprovohet?