+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Calgary VO 2022 eCOPR Timeline <<<<<<<< <<<<

kenoristic

May 25, 2021
While it may seem like it’s a wait for one piece of paper, you also are not seeing the administrative work that’s going on behind the scenes that needs to be completed before it can be issued. I’m sure it’s not as simple as ‘they’re approved’ and one document is prepared.

There is a massive backlog across all streams at the moment for eCOPR issuances as IRCC put a halt to them in October when they had hit their PR targets for the year.
We appreciate the enormous task they are undertaking, but IRCC approached this whole backlog situation with a "deal with it you're not the only one" attitude.

I guess an institution like IRCC has a monopoly of this type of poor service. I have no idea where this type of service will be remotely acceptable, they give you no information about why there is a delay and just expect you to wait not knowing when any action will be taken.

akchal

Jan 17, 2023
While it may seem like it’s a wait for one piece of paper, you also are not seeing the administrative work that’s going on behind the scenes that needs to be completed before it can be issued. I’m sure it’s not as simple as ‘they’re approved’ and one document is prepared.

There is a massive backlog across all streams at the moment for eCOPR issuances as IRCC put a halt to them in October when they had hit their PR targets for the year.
It used to take one day earlier so there can't be a lot of work that is left. They have already done all the checks before approving the PR. The portal itself says, they just need to accept the Inside Canada declaration for issuing eCoPR. Also, halting eCoPRs in October seems to be the reason, can you cite where you got this information about reaching PR targets in October because I tried finding it on the net but couldn't, thanks.

Last edited:

akchal

Jan 17, 2023
I did last week and have been told to wait as I am in a virtual landing queue, no specific information was given to me regarding my application. Only that all looks good. They told me to call again if I do not receive the ECOPR after 2 weeks. I also sent an email prior to calling them and have been told to wait as well.
When did you give your details on the PR Portal?

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
It used to take one day earlier so there can't be a lot of work that is left. They have already done all the checks before approving the PR. The portal itself says, they just need to accept the Inside Canada declaration for issuing eCoPR. Also, halting eCoPRs in October seems to be the reason, can you cite where you got this information about reaching PR targets in October because I tried finding it on the net but couldn't, thanks.
I feel you, we’re at one month waiting since portal upload, but reviewing the tracking spreadsheets and the data it’s noticeable there was a large slow down from October onwards

Forum source, please scroll down to guriii12 comment:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/portal-to-ecopr-thread-etobicoke.785300/page-2

MLA Source: my own, verbal - they reached out to IRCC last week and the reply back acknowledged that they’re working through a large backlog for eCOPR’s at the moment.

Internet Source: search for CIC stats for your stream, you will likely see there was a noticeable drop for Q4. The target for 2022 was 430,000, they issued 431,646. The target for 2023 is 465,000, which makes sense to me if they just decided to slow down issuances end of year to include in the new year for 2023 stats.

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
Go
We appreciate the enormous task they are undertaking, but IRCC approached this whole backlog situation with a "deal with it you're not the only one" attitude.

I guess an institution like IRCC has a monopoly of this type of poor service. I have no idea where this type of service will be remotely acceptable, they give you no information about why there is a delay and just expect you to wait not knowing when any action will be taken.
Of course it’s a monopoly, it’s a government agency.

I’m not following the logic that the application process is a service. An immigration consultant/lawyer would be a service, because you’re paying money for assistance in your application. But the money exchanged for the application is a fee, not for a service but for an assessment that you qualify to be a resident of Canada. Unfortunately anything government you’re tied to their processes and their bureaucratic red tape, I hardly think that Canada is in the minority.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
I feel you, we’re at one month waiting since portal upload, but reviewing the tracking spreadsheets and the data it’s noticeable there was a large slow down from October onwards

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/portal-to-ecopr-thread-etobicoke.785300/page-2

MLA Source: my own, verbal - they reached out to IRCC last week and the reply back acknowledged that they’re working through a large backlog for eCOPR’s at the moment.

Internet Source: search for CIC stats for your stream, you will likely see there was a noticeable drop for Q4. The target for 2022 was 430,000, they issued 431,646. The target for 2023 is 465,000, which makes sense to me if they just decided to slow down issuances end of year to include in the new year for 2023 stats.
I get the impression from various new articles that IRCC are trying to get the visitor visa backlog reduced asap- so it could just be the case resources have been diverted in that direction for a short period of time.

https://www.cictimes.com/new-measures-will-clear-canada-visitor-visa-backlog-by-feb

Reactions: whozarm

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
I get the impression from various new articles that IRCC are trying to get the visitor visa backlog reduced asap- so it could just be the case resources have been diverted in that direction for a short period of time.

https://www.cictimes.com/new-measures-will-clear-canada-visitor-visa-backlog-by-feb
100%.

Stats on the length of time for each stage of application from 3-6-9 months ago may not be reflective of what it is today. It’s all dependent on what their current focus is at the moment, it ebbs and flows.

Reactions: aaron_matthew

akchal

Jan 17, 2023

Thank you so much for the resources, hopefully that means faster processing of eCoPRs now. We can see they are sending it to people who have applied in Dec too. Since I still feel it doesn't take a lot of work to grant eCoPR after approval and from your references it looks like the backlog was created artificially, we all may get our eCoPRs soon.

radhika98

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Is the upload picture again glitch in the portal a sign of eCOPR coming soon?
Was it 'A. during uploading' or 'B. after everything was submitted & it was in review'?
If it was the second option - after it was in review and received this message to upload again, then I think it is a good sign. Maybe they are reviewing your file now. Good luck!

svirman

Dec 15, 2020
Was it 'A. during uploading' or 'B. after everything was submitted & it was in review'?
If it was the second option - after it was in review and received this message to upload again, then I think it is a good sign. Maybe they are reviewing your file now. Good luck!
It is B.
But I did not get any message. I just logged-in the portal and saw my photo was missing but when I click on upload, it comes back. I know this has happened to some other people in the last few days as well. Not sure if it means anything.

Yal

Jan 11, 2023
Mine was the second option and I mistakenly uploaded my picture again. I don't know if its going to make a problem for me or is it ok.

Reactions: radhika98

svirman

Dec 15, 2020
Mine was the second option and I mistakenly uploaded my picture again. I don't know if its going to make a problem for me or is it ok.
It does not let me upload again. It shows up automatically as I try to upload it for the 2nd time.