Dec 6 biometrics need to be re-done
Dec 8 biometrics re-submitted
Dec 17 Pre-Arrival services
Jan 6 PR confirmation and request to submit information for PR portal account
Portal credentials: pending
eCOPR: pending
PR card: pending
Jan 6 PR confirmation and request to submit information for PR portal account
Portal credentials: received portal invitation / new case assigned (had already portal account as I applied online) on Jan 14th. Confirmed, uploaded photo and submitted same day.
eCOPR: pending
PR card: pending

gottagetthatpr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
I'm sorry. I'm new here. What exactly is a portal invite? Is that the letter stating the next steps to get the actual portal and later COPR? Could someone brief that?

Fingerscrossedforyou

Aug 13, 2022
I'm sorry. I'm new here. What exactly is a portal invite? Is that the letter stating the next steps to get the actual portal and later COPR? Could someone brief that?
It's an email from IRCC confirming that the PR has been approved and requesting the applicant to confirm personal information.
After you reply to this email, IRCC will follow up with another email with log-in credentials to the PR portal where you can upload photo and in-Canada address, followed by the issuing of eCOPR and PR card.

gottagetthatpr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
It's an email from IRCC confirming that the PR has been approved and requesting the applicant to confirm personal information.
After you reply to this email, IRCC will follow up with another email with log-in credentials to the PR portal where you can upload photo and in-Canada address, followed by the issuing of eCOPR and PR card.
thank you for the clarification.

Surfer1020

May 17, 2022
I dropped an email to etobicoke office and their response was you are in virtual landing queue. Wait.
Seems like dropping an email to them did something. Did you use the original email from when you were asked for information to create the PR portal?

guriii12

Nov 30, 2020
Congrats! 3 months is a long wait...do you think it was useful emailing them?
Actually we came to know from some immigration consultants that IRCC stopped sending ecopr in October because their target was already complete for the year 2022( more than 4lac people were already granted PR). So they started sending ecopr in January after a break of 3 months. Hopefully it will be lot faster for you people. There is no harm in sending an email btw. All the best!

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Got my ECOPR finally

Photos and address submitted: 18th oct 2022
ECOPR - 18th January 2023
What date did they use for the eCOPR effective date? The reason I ask is the next step is citizenship and you have to be landed in Canada for 1095 days as PR resident over 5 years. So the quicker you do the years in Canada, the sooner you can apply for citizenship. As a temp on visitor or work permit, you need to do 2 days in order to count for 1 day towards the citizenship requirement.

Last edited:
Reactions: guriii12

guriii12

Nov 30, 2020
What date did they use for the eCOPR effective date? The reason I ask is the next step is citizenship and you have to be landed in Canada for 1095 days as PR resident over 5 years. So the quicker you do the years in Canada, the sooner you can apply for citizenship. As a temp on visitor or work permit, you need to do 2 days in order to count for 1 day towards the citizenship requirement.
I was also expecting October but it was jan 18th