30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Hi all:

In the end, we decided not to argue about my husband having to re-do his medical :( We had been planning to go into the embassy and make a scene, but it just felt too overwhelming, especially if the outcome was the same. So my husband completed his second medical yesterday, and they will forward the results to London.

I was just wondering how long we should expect to wait (hahaha! I kill me) before they request his passport? I was reading old comments, and one person seemed to think it takes 2-3 months? CanJen, you've been waiting two months now, right? Did your MP manage to find out anything before they closed the embassy? Also does anyone know anything about the new Visa Application Centre in Giza? Would we go there if we wanted to try again to speak to someone in person? Thanks!

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
MadeInCanada said:
His landing was easy enough. We had already filled the B4 form so had that ready. He landed officially in Toronto, then got his connecting flight to where I live. I picked him up and there was no issues there at all. Everyone was pretty polite and courteous. He did have a slight time issue with the connecting flight as it only gave him an hour and 45 mins to get to it. He got in around 7 am so the airport was not overly busy, but he still missed it. We didn't have to pay for another flight (luckily) though as it was an internal mistake. He just caught the next one which only put him an hour behind schedule.

We spent the day together then went to watch the local firework display (which was actually pretty amazing for a small town, less than 10,000 population) lasting a little over 30 mins.

He got his SIN the next day, and we are currently working together to study for his drivers test. Yesterday he went to the Egyptian embassy here to register. Anyone that doesn't know there is a fine if you don't in the first 6 months.

A hint about the drivers licence: go to your local driving office, and ask them for a letter on the company letterhead that states you have had your licence for however long, and the number on your card/name/date of issue and expiry and anything else like there is no accidents on record(if that is the case).

You will also need your drivers licence translated. They will take the card from you when you go in for the test.

You can get it translated by a certified translator (despite the embassy site saying it has to be done by them, cash cow). This letter will enable you to get a test if you have at least 2 years experience (written for the G2-$85.00) then if you pass it you can go directly for the G which is another $75.00.

You can legally drive in Canada for 60 days after arrival. And really if you can drive there you can drive ANYWHERE lol. Just learn the signs and rules. There is a manual you can buy for $25.00 to study from.

If you or anyone have any other questions feel free to ask. We are both happy to help. If I think of anything else as time goes I will post anything pertinent.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Great, thanks for sharing this. It's nice to know what sorts of things to expect, etc. Were you two given any sort of "Welcome to Canada" package that told you what you needed to do, etc? Anyway, I'm really happy that you are together! It gives me hope! :)

Freebird_76

Jun 5, 2012
Cairo
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody,

Does anybody know since when Cairo visa Office is closed?! Is there any information about when it will be open again?!
Thanks for replying :)

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
Freebird_76 said:
Hello everybody,

Does anybody know since when Cairo visa Office is closed?! Is there any information about when it will be open again?!

I'm not sure the exact date of the closure, but probably on or before June 30th. I just looked at their webpage now, and it now longer shows the statement "the embassy is closed until further notice". I assume that means they are open again? I also assume they will have reduced hours for Ramadan?

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
Interview Times

Hi all, I asked this before, and someone said that interviews and usually done on Sundays. Does anyone know if this means they do interviews every Sunday? Or are they just not getting through the applications that quickly? For those of you who had your interview waived, did you just have to send it your passport for the visa and that was it?

Thanks!

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Freebird_76 said:
Hello everybody,

there is no guarantees for the date when they will start again it depend on the security position in Cairo but i had feeling that they will start again may be soon Inshaa Allah
you know it start getting peace just only normal political conflict which it continue forever in Egypt
yes its fake peace but atleast it will calm down

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Interview Times

CairoCouple said:
Hi all, I asked this before, and someone said that interviews and usually done on Sundays. Does anyone know if this means they do interviews every Sunday? Or are they just not getting through the applications that quickly? For those of you who had your interview waived, did you just have to send it your passport for the visa and that was it?

Thanks!
interview was only on Sunday for while during Mai and June 2013 but before that it was in all work days

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
the question about the B4a FORM, about the value of duty. ask if he had to pay any duty on the items he brought into Canada? This question to madeincanada

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
did you fill out the B4 and the B4 a form? did he have everything with him or did say he was sending things later? did he list everything individually or lump some things like clothes together? did he have a lot of luggage or only 2 suitcases?

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think this topic is only for immigration issues not for religion stuff so please guyss ignore those comments that not belong to that topic

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahmedbaraka said:
did you fill out the B4 and the B4 a form? did he have everything with him or did say he was sending things later? did he list everything individually or lump some things like clothes together? did he have a lot of luggage or only 2 suitcases?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp
for the luggage issues i think it depend in the airline so give you only one luggage and other allowed 2 luggages so before you book ur ticket ask them
i think to avoid getting lost or missing ur next fly its better for you to chose flight that have long layover i mean not very long but atleast 2 hours
one more thing now there is direct flight from Cairo to Toronto non stop and then you can continue with ur destination and dont use Europe airports especially now its just opinion
have wonderful trip

Mohamed_Hassan

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Egypt
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Ahmedbaraka said:
Did anyone pay fees for pr card for the first time when landed
There were no fees at all, and about the b4 forms don't worry yourself over it, they didn't take it from me at the airport, they just give you another form on the plane that you have to fill.

Mrs Ayman

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 september, 2013
AOR Received.
28 september, 2013
File Transfer...
5 february, 2014
Med's Done....
22 july, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
5 february, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 february, 2014
LANDED..........
insha'Allah 7 April, 2014
Hello everyone,
i ve been reading through this topic and i find it very helpful as am still preparing my papers to send to my husband in Canada so that he apply for PR for me..

i wanted to ask you guys if am applying for visitor visa also (online) should i mention the PR thing as a reason for visiting, and also i left my job after getting married, zn i dont have ties in my country of resident (i applied for visitor visa before i got married and been refused) will it be different now am married?

thank u so much for helping :)