26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
@ shamsuannahr

We were also told at the interview that we were approved. We got the PPR the next day. Still waiting...

The VO hold the right to request the medical extension of the original medical, since it has now passed the 15 months, I can really only suggest to go get new ones. When you say they extended the medicals what do you mean? It expired in Jan and then?

The DR herself, was fine with my husband, it was the other man/men that made unnecessary comments.

I do not think they will change the approval, especially since they are asking for the medicals to be redone.

My husbands medicals were extended 11 days longer then the original medical date. We have 4 months left, and are becoming more and more upset, worried, paranoid and resentful. Others that have submitted the passport after have already gotten theirs back. (NOTHING AGAINST THOSE I AM SPEAKING OF) I am merely concerned that there is an issue and have no idea how to rectify it.

With regards to the spreadsheet, I am sure if anyone wants to get one going there are other members from different sections of the forum that would help, but myself, although I was interested, have to pass.

I received the GCMS notes which state everything is printed and ready, but still no returned passport. The woman that called for the PPR even told my husband it was printed and ready. I have e-mailed them as well, but to no great surprise, have heard nothing in response.

I am going to my MP tomorrow, and if at all possible, I suggest you try contacting yours as well. The inconsistencies are one thing, but the over all lack of work ethic is disgusting.

One other note in regards to ecas: Ours changed to DM the day after the interview, we never even saw in-process, although it does state it went in-process the day of the interview.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
MadeInCanada said:
@ shamsuannahr

We were also told at the interview that we were approved. We got the PPR the next day. Still waiting...

The VO hold the right to request the medical extension of the original medical, since it has now passed the 15 months, I can really only suggest to go get new ones. When you say they extended the medicals what do you mean? It expired in Jan and then?

The DR herself, was fine with my husband, it was the other man/men that made unnecessary comments.

I do not think they will change the approval, especially since they are asking for the medicals to be redone.

My husbands medicals were extended 11 days longer then the original medical date. We have 4 months left, and are becoming more and more upset, worried, paranoid and resentful. Others that have submitted the passport after have already gotten theirs back. (NOTHING AGAINST THOSE I AM SPEAKING OF) I am merely concerned that there is an issue and have no idea how to rectify it.

With regards to the spreadsheet, I am sure if anyone wants to get one going there are other members from different sections of the forum that would help, but myself, although I was interested, have to pass.

I received the GCMS notes which state everything is printed and ready, but still no returned passport. The woman that called for the PPR even told my husband it was printed and ready. I have e-mailed them as well, but to no great surprise, have heard nothing in response.

I am going to my MP tomorrow, and if at all possible, I suggest you try contacting yours as well. The inconsistencies are one thing, but the over all lack of work ethic is disgusting.

One other note in regards to ecas: Ours changed to DM the day after the interview, we never even saw in-process, although it does state it went in-process the day of the interview.

Take Care
MadeInCanada
Hi MadeInCanada, thanks for your fast reply, and I'm sorry to hear about your stress :( Rest assured, I know how you feel; I'm so sick of the VO stringing us along. But I was still wondering where you read/heard that the extension is good for 15 months? We know my husband's medical was extended because the Ottawa PP accidentally sent us an email with the subject line, "Request Medical Extension for Applicant #12242323" (don't remember the exact wording, but something like that). It was in response to an email we had sent them asking about the status of our application, two months ago. So clearly, Ottawa asked the Cairo office to extend his medical results. I would just like to know if they can only be extended by 3 months, or if they could extend them longer given the VO's "efficiency" with our case.

Wishing you a speedy passport return and all the best of luck!

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
shamsuannahr said:
Hi MadeInCanada, thanks for your fast reply, and I'm sorry to hear about your stress :( Rest assured, I know how you feel; I'm so sick of the VO stringing us along. But I was still wondering where you read/heard that the extension is good for 15 months? We know my husband's medical was extended because the Ottawa PP accidentally sent us an email with the subject line, "Request Medical Extension for Applicant #12242323" (don't remember the exact wording, but something like that). It was in response to an email we had sent them asking about the status of our application, two months ago. So clearly, Ottawa asked the Cairo office to extend his medical results. I would just like to know if they can only be extended by 3 months, or if they could extend them longer given the VO's "efficiency" with our case.

Wishing you a speedy passport return and all the best of luck!
I have seen the information on several other posts here on the forum. I can't pinpoint the exact threads though. I am sure if you post a thread asking someone can give you more details. Most get a 12 or 6 month extenstion.

Thanks for the encouraging words, hope it smooths out for you and you hear back soon!

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Taz0891

Jun 8, 2013
MadeInCanada said:
I have seen the information on several other posts here on the forum. I can't pinpoint the exact threads though. I am sure if you post a thread asking someone can give you more details. Most get a 12 or 6 month extenstion.

Thanks for the encouraging words, hope it smooths out for you and you hear back soon!

Take Care
MadeInCanada
Hi made in Canada, sorry to bother you again but I really liked ur answers, remember I was talking about my wife pregnant, I'm a Canadian citizen if my wife give birth to the baby in Sudan what is going to happen???? I have to apply for a citizenship for the baby that my take around six seven month, my Q is do I have to apply from Canada or Sudan or Egypt??? Very very stress ya Allah tahawen ya rab

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
shamsuannahr said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to send an update about our case... It's now been six weeks since we were told we were "approved" at my husband's interview. We were told they would request his passport within 2-3 weeks. The day after the interview, his ECAS changed to "In Process." We didn't hear anything from the VO until today, when they sent him an email requesting he re-do his medical! Six weeks and now this!!!! Why didn't they do as they did with CanJen and make this request the day after the interview? We are anticipating even more delays and stress now... We're going to the embassy tomorrow to demand to speak to someone about these totally arbitrary delays (we emailed the VO three weeks ago about the lack of PPR, but of course they never answered). His medical expired in Jan but they extended it; now it seems as though they purposefully waited until the extension expired to re-request the medical. Have no idea what game they're playing. We're going to tell them he has to get his visa before his student vacation period ends in September, because that's the only time the military will let him travel.

I guess I'm wondering whether you think they are definitely planning to give him the visa, if they're re-requesting the medical, or if there's a possibility they will still reject him at the end of this whole process.. I know I said we were told verbally that he was approved, but honestly I don't trust anything out of their mouths unless it's in writing...

Also, CanJen and MadeInCanada, did you have your bad experiences with Dr Magda at Anglo-American? She was fine with us the first time we went, and I was thinking of going back there again. Want to get the medical done and sent before June 30!!!!

Last, MadeInCanada, where did you read that the extension is good for 15 months? We want to try to argue that it should be longer, since they supposedly made their decision May 12... Arg. :(
Hi Shamsuannahr,

I feel your pain. I too am at the end of my rope and feel that I have exhausted all of my options and am just in further 'wait mode'. I have yet to get a response from the emails I sent, but I hope I hear back from my MP tomorrow or Tuesday and will share my experience here so you can all decide if there is any value in pursuing this route. I would love to hear how your visit to the embassy goes tomorrow, as my husband was on the verge of doing the same thing in the coming days. If I'm not there, however, I'm not sure how far he'll get...

Re. the doctor, the receipt states the doctor at the Anglo-American hospital was Dr. Eman Kamal.
I hope your husband has a better experience than mine did! Make sure he brings some reading material...they kept my husband there for several hours.

I'm so thankful for this forum and for everyone sharing their experiences so openly; it's really the only thing that is keeping me (somewhat) sane these days.

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow and pray that this nightmare will be behind us soon.

Take care

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Taz0891 said:
Hi made in Canada, sorry to bother you again but I really liked ur answers, remember I was talking about my wife pregnant, I'm a Canadian citizen if my wife give birth to the baby in Sudan what is going to happen???? I have to apply for a citizenship for the baby that my take around six seven month, my Q is do I have to apply from Canada or Sudan or Egypt??? Very very stress ya Allah tahawen ya rab
The application will be sent to the office that over sees either where your wife is or where you are. I am not sure which. I will try to find out. For now take a look at the following link. It is the guide/application for citizenship of a minor.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0003ETOC.asp

Is your child already a citizen?

In general, a child born to a Canadian parent outside Canada before April 17, 2009, is a Canadian citizen. However, a child born to a Canadian parent outside Canada on or after April 17, 2009, is a Canadian citizen at birth only if that child is born in the first generation outside Canada, that is, at the time of their birth, their Canadian parent:

was born in Canada, or
became a Canadian citizen by immigrating to Canada (becoming a permanent resident) and being granted citizenship (also know as naturalization).
If your child is a Canadian citizen, use the Application for a Citizenship Certificate under section 3 (CIT 0001).

I believe you are going through the Cairo office as it covers Sudan right? If your application for PR is not complete and or your wife is too far in her pregnancy to travel then once the baby is born you will need to submit an application for citizenship for him/her. When you submit that you will also send additional proof of the PR application. At which point you can request expedited processing. You will need to give reasons for your request such as: If your wife only has so long to land (depending on the medical expiry) you may request it to process faster.

If you do not mind me asking what is your timeline thus far? When is your wife due to have the baby? You may very well have time to get her landed and not have to deal with any of this. (hopefully) It does look rather straight forward though.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
I sent an e-mail to my MP this morning. I got a reply that they have contacted Cairo already on my behalf. So now waiting to see what the outcome of that will be.

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
MadeInCanada said:
I sent an e-mail to my MP this morning. I got a reply that they have contacted Cairo already on my behalf. So now waiting to see what the outcome of that will be.
That's great!!

Praying that it all processes smoothly for you (God willing).

Kuudir2

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
freeislam000 said:
Hi there and welcome,

You can find out where your file is at by calling the Ottawa processing center. As for your medical report, don't renew it. They will contact you if they need you to resubmit. In some cases they will extend your medical.
Corinne
Hey everyone,

I was wondering how the Ottawa processing centre is connected to the Cairo VO, and if I should also call them and ask about how my files are going?

And what is your everyone's take on whether I should request that the Cairo VO notify us in advance when the interview may be, instead of a short notice?

Thanks,

Kuudir2

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Kuudir2 said:
Hey everyone,

I was wondering how the Ottawa processing centre is connected to the Cairo VO, and if I should also call them and ask about how my files are going?

And what is your everyone's take on whether I should request that the Cairo VO notify us in advance when the interview may be, instead of a short notice?

Thanks,

Kuudir2
Ottawa was doing files for Cairo, to make up for the back log. I believe all files are going directly to Cairo now.

I do not think that they will even consider a request for advanced notice of an interview. It is their schedule they care about not yours. I hope that if you do get one that you get plenty of time to prepare and get there though!

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Taz0891

Jun 8, 2013
MadeInCanada

Thank you again made in Canada, her due date will be around nov.13th inshalla, with my calculation the medical already expired last week and I haven't got any request from vo for new one.
[/quote]

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Taz0891 said:
MadeInCanada

Thank you again made in Canada, her due date will be around nov.13th inshalla, with my calculation the medical already expired last week and I haven't got any request from vo for new one.
How long has your application been submitted for? The processing times have been extremely unpredictable to say the least. So I know you can't really go by them. I just wondered how long you've been waiting so far.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
I just read an old post of yours, so I saw that you went in process already. That is a good sign. Did you contact them about the pregnancy?

If not I would suggest that you do. It will cause them to open your file as they will have to add the new information.

When you send it, you can also simply state that should they require any further information that you or your wife can be contacted and give the contact details.

If you have anything further to add to it it would be a good time as well, continued communication ect.

Also, with regards to the medical, they can extend it up to 15 months of the original date, so perhaps, In Sha2 Allah, they will finalize the application soon and you will not need to worry about it. She would have plenty of time to land as well. Most airlines will allow a pregnant woman (with a Dr note stating there are no medical issues and she is ok to travel) to fly up until 35/36 weeks (aprox. 1 month left), some even later.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Taz0891

Jun 8, 2013
Made in Canada walhi you are the only person who give me hopes that my wife will come sooner, I actually some time I give up hope that she will have the baby in Canada. Just to give u more info I applied back in aug/2012 file was send to cairo VO no oct/2012 file was opend in Cairo for proccessing on may,16th/2013 and I'm still witting, I did update them with the pregnancy. The only think that I didn't say is the due date but today I contacted my MP so he can fined out where are we in this long route.
MadeInCanada
[/quote]

farnardo

Jul 14, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2014
MadeInCanada said:

I was about to have a nervous breakdown coz of their stupid waiting games.. especially when i come that close to be wz my husband:-( ... could u tell me how can i look for Mp ..i live in mississauga maybe he could move them to do the least in our file.. i was thinking to call a lawyer but i'm pretty sure he won't do anything coz the decision has been made on our file .. don't know what r they waiting for to tell us their decision