+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
MadeInCanada said:
I believe you said in another post that your husband had to redo his medical. Not too sure if you know but I think it takes a few months for them to update the file. Hope you hear some good news soon!!

Take Care
MadeInCanada
We left the passport with the VO on the day of the interview and he said to expect the passport back within two weeks - I guess he didn't realize the medical results were too far expired at that point (although he was looking right at them and said they were fine - but then we got an email a day later requesting an exam!).

I really didn't think that the new medical would delay things so long. Have you seen that this is always the case, even if they already have the passport and photos in hand?

I am so frustrated....If we had known this, we could have had the new medical done in advance. We even asked the embassy if we should do this back in February and their email said, "Be advised that this application is processing normally within our standard processing time for Family Class cases. If required, we shall be contacting you regarding any additional requirements related to the application."

Yeah right you will! Arrrrrrrghhhh!!!

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
CanJen said:
We left the passport with the VO on the day of the interview and he said to expect the passport back within two weeks - I guess he didn't realize the medical results were too far expired at that point (although he was looking right at them and said they were fine - but then we got an email a day later requesting an exam!).

I really didn't think that the new medical would delay things so long. Have you seen that this is always the case, even if they already have the passport and photos in hand?

I am so frustrated....If we had known this, we could have had the new medical done in advance. We even asked the embassy if we should do this back in February and their email said, "Be advised that this application is processing normally within our standard processing time for Family Class cases. If required, we shall be contacting you regarding any additional requirements related to the application."

Yeah right you will! Arrrrrrrghhhh!!!

The medicals getting input into the system dosen't have anything to do with them having the passport/pictures. The DMP you went to will forward the results to London(I believe that is the head office), then London inputs it into the system.

You probably got that e-mail because at that time they could have extended the medical (up to 15 months of the original date they were made). It sucks for sure that they were not just a little sooner with your file. ARRRGGHHH is a lot milder then what I would be thinking if I were you!

Your better off to have not gone ahead with the medicals until requested as it could cause signifigantly more dely having two valid results at the same time. Also some DMP will not redo them unless you have written requests (not likely in Egypt though, it's money in their pocket).

On a side note, I still find it odd that you (as well as others) were asked to leave the passport/pictures at the interview, where we were told no, then got a PPR the next day! :eek:

It may be sooner for them to get it input to the system. Did you send the confirmation of it to the VO?

Take Care
MadeInCanada

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
MadeInCanada said:
The medicals getting input into the system dosen't have anything to do with them having the passport/pictures. The DMP you went to will forward the results to London(I believe that is the head office), then London inputs it into the system.

You probably got that e-mail because at that time they could have extended the medical (up to 15 months of the original date they were made). It sucks for sure that they were not just a little sooner with your file. ARRRGGHHH is a lot milder then what I would be thinking if I were you!

Your better off to have not gone ahead with the medicals until requested as it could cause signifigantly more dely having two valid results at the same time. Also some DMP will not redo them unless you have written requests (not likely in Egypt though, it's money in their pocket).

On a side note, I still find it odd that you (as well as others) were asked to leave the passport/pictures at the interview, where we were told no, then got a PPR the next day! :eek:

It may be sooner for them to get it input to the system. Did you send the confirmation of it to the VO?

Take Care
MadeInCanada
I sent an email over a week ago but haven't heard back yet. I sent another email and it bounced back undeliverable due to the mailbox being full! And I can't get anyone to help me over the phone - they encourage me to send an email. I have also been trying to get in touch with my MP; he too won't return my calls. I will go in person this week to see if that might help.

Do you have any other suggestions? My husband is going to Cairo tomorrow night if we don't hear anything by then, but I'm fairly certain he won't get anywhere either.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Did he/you send in the reciept for the medical? It might help things move along. Just a scanned copy is good.

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
MadeInCanada said:
Did he/you send in the reciept for the medical? It might help things move along. Just a scanned copy is good.
I will ask him to do that tomorrow, and cross our fingers the email doesn't bounce back undeliverable.

Thanks for all your help. I just want to cry, knowing how close we were and how much more of a wait we might have :(

MarianaEgypt

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
4-10-2012
CanJen said:
Nothing! We are losing our minds!!

So close yet so far.....argh!
When Have u sent ur passport ?

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanJen said:
We left our passport and photos with the VO during our interview on May 19th. He said we could expect the passport/visa back within 2 weeks, but then we got an email asking my husband to complete his medical exam the day after (it expired in January). When my husband called the hospital last week, they confirmed the results had been sent back to the embassy 2 weeks ago.

I sent my email to cairo.visa @ international.gc.ca. I got a confirmation email yesterday, but today my message bounced back.
your husband's medical exam expired Jan. 7, 2013 so did he redo full medical test ? and i think it take from 2 months to three months sometimes it take 4 months and it depend . you shall sending the receipt that showing that you made your medical to Cairo visa office it will help

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
New regulations have been made and you will require a transit visa through London.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

cutenough

Star Member
Mar 23, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never received
File Transfer...
20-08-2012 transfer to cairo 21-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
Military issue ... Finally landed 28 dec 2013
Ahmedbaraka http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2012/march/70-Syrian-Egyptian-Libyan-change

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
CanJen said:
I will ask him to do that tomorrow, and cross our fingers the email doesn't bounce back undeliverable.

Thanks for all your help. I just want to cry, knowing how close we were and how much more of a wait we might have :(
Your still close though so keep things in a positive perspective. ;D He will be with you and your happily ever after will begin!! ( I know it's tough though, we are only waiting for the passport to be returned too and waiting and waiting....)

Take Care
MadeInCanada

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
MadeInCanada said:
New regulations have been made and you will require a transit visa through London.

Take Care
MadeInCanada
no he doesn't need any transit visa,,since he is staying in the international space,which is inside of the airport waiting for his next flight to canada,,,i know many who did it before with out a transit visa

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
cutenough said:
Ahmedbaraka http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2012/march/70-Syrian-Egyptian-Libyan-change
Thanks for this link.
But I send email to uk embassy and asked about that and they told me I don't need transit visa.
And that link u send asking for visa. I'm so confused now

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
gladiateur19 said:
no he doesn't need any transit visa,,since he is staying in the international space,which is inside of the airport waiting for his next flight to canada,,,i know many who did it before with out a transit visa
Not sure where the "many" you know are from (which does play a role on them being able to). If you look at the posted link, you will see the rules have been changed for several countries, Egypt being one of them.

Take Care
MadeInCanada