None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
cutenough said:
We had no interview
That's great!

How long was the waiting period for your files, if I may ask?

Kuudir2

cutenough

Star Member
Mar 23, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never received
File Transfer...
20-08-2012 transfer to cairo 21-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
Military issue ... Finally landed 28 dec 2013
First time we meet : October 26, 2009 - in Egypt
Wedding : 13 juin 2011
Send to Mississauga =May 10, 2012 got to Mississauga May 16
August 20, 2012 I know the lost paper in our file sent back the missing stuff in med September
Accept to sponsorship Mississauga : 25 October 2012
File in process in Ottawa : 13 November 2012
File in process in Cairo : 21 February 2013
Interview : Wave
Ppr : 17 march 2013
Visa : passport sent 15 may 2013
Visa: passport return 3 june 2013
Landing : inshallah in December - we have issue with is military paper so he can't come ...

cutenough

Star Member
Mar 23, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never received
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
MadeInCanada said:
GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!! Hope you have a wonderful day! :-*
Good afternoon my amazing friend !!! Wish u also a wonderful day :)
Talk to you soon !!

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Kuudir2 said:
Hello everyone!

I'm hoping you all are doing fine, and that your sponsorship processes are all running smoothly.

I just wanted to know a bit of information regarding the Cairo Visa Office.

How long approximately have you all had your processes take? It states on the page that it takes around 15 months..

And have you all had interviews, or not?

Thanks, and good luck

Kuudir2
First thing I think you should know is the processing times have been updated and it is now 19 months.

Our application was received in Mississauga Dec 31st 2012. We got sponsor approval Jan. Had an interview May 26th. We were approved at the interview. We are now waiting for my husband to get his passport back(should be soon) In Sha2 ALLAH.

There are many factors at play with regards to interviews. The more "red flags" the more likely it is to be called for one.

As for processing times or order, there is nothing here that denotes any semblance of order. We are finished now and it was fast, but there are others waiting now for well over a year. I do not understand how they do the files, or how they are organized. I can suggest my theories based on knowledge of my specific application and a few others as well as things I have read from members here.. However, it is purely speculation on my part.

Good luck to you!

Take Care
MadeInCanada

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutenough said:
First time we meet : October 26, 2009 - in Egypt
Wedding : 13 juin 2011
Send to Mississauga =May 10, 2012 got to Mississauga May 16
August 20, 2012 I know the lost paper in our file sent back the missing stuff in med September
Accept to sponsorship Mississauga : 25 October 2012
File in process in Ottawa : 13 November 2012
File in process in Cairo : 21 February 2013
Interview : Wave
Ppr : 17 march 2013
Visa : passport sent 15 may 2013
Visa: passport return 3 june 2013
Landing : inshallah in December - we have issue with is military paper so he can't come ...
why he cant go to Canada now and what is wrong with military i think some people here in this topic did it with no problem and waiting till December is his visa will be valid

cutenough

Star Member
Mar 23, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never received
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
His visa is valid until March 5 2014

His military was postponed but now it expired.

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutenough said:
His visa is valid until March 5 2014

His military was postponed but now it expired.
so he have to wait til December and what do you mean expired shall he send himself to military to determine if he will go or not
or you mean that he will get the final decision which is no military service for him

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
MadeInCanada said:
First thing I think you should know is the processing times have been updated and it is now 19 months.

Our application was received in Mississauga Dec 31st 2012. We got sponsor approval Jan. Had an interview May 26th. We were approved at the interview. We are now waiting for my husband to get his passport back(should be soon) In Sha2 ALLAH.

There are many factors at play with regards to interviews. The more "red flags" the more likely it is to be called for one.

As for processing times or order, there is nothing here that denotes any semblance of order. We are finished now and it was fast, but there are others waiting now for well over a year. I do not understand how they do the files, or how they are organized. I can suggest my theories based on knowledge of my specific application and a few others as well as things I have read from members here.. However, it is purely speculation on my part.

Good luck to you!

Take Care
MadeInCanada
This is amazing! I am very pleased to see that it went by very smoothly for you. congratulations. And congratulations to cutenough for the visa.

Due to the complications of our files, things are not going to be nearly as quick as it had been for you both. I really really hope this works out fast for me, so that I can begin to wait for a response from the right Visa Office. Our files have accidentally been sent to the Nairobi Visa Office, we have sent them emails and mails over 2 months ago, and have been waiting for a response from them for a while now.

So we are trying to get things back on track.

Seeing from your files, I have a lot of hope in our files not taking too long..hopefully.

And how did the interview go? Did you have to prepare anything beforehand for it?

Thanks guys,

Kuudir2

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Kuudir2 said:
This is amazing! I am very pleased to see that it went by very smoothly for you. congratulations. And congratulations to cutenough for the visa.

Due to the complications of our files, things are not going to be nearly as quick as it had been for you both. I really really hope this works out fast for me, so that I can begin to wait for a response from the right Visa Office. Our files have accidentally been sent to the Nairobi Visa Office, we have sent them emails and mails over 2 months ago, and have been waiting for a response from them for a while now.

So we are trying to get things back on track.

Seeing from your files, I have a lot of hope in our files not taking too long..hopefully.

And how did the interview go? Did you have to prepare anything beforehand for it?

Thanks guys,

Kuudir2
Thank you.

Are you from Nairobi but living in the jurisdiction of the Cairo Office (Giza, Sudan, Egypt) for 12 months or more? How did they "accidentally" send your file to Nairobi?? :eek:

My husband got three days notice for the interview, at which point I dropped everything and went to him. Not an easy task giving the time restraints and work and well, life! I have a great friend that is a travel agent, that worked hard to find the perfect flight.

We knew what our specific "red flags" were. We had also read the experiences of other members that had interviews.So in regards to prep for the interview our main goal was to remain calm. I spent the last hour (sitting in the waiting room) making silly comments and acting like a clown to help us both have a positive perspective. Our interviews were significantly different from those posted here. We both had several extra documents ect. to supply if needed. I never gave any, my husband gave a letter from his father (as we could not get it from him prior to sending our application).

Wishing you good luck, hope you get all your issues sorted out soon!

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
MadeInCanada said:
Thank you.

Are you from Nairobi but living in the jurisdiction of the Cairo Office (Giza, Sudan, Egypt) for 12 months or more? How did they "accidentally" send your file to Nairobi?? :eek:

My husband got three days notice for the interview, at which point I dropped everything and went to him. Not an easy task giving the time restraints and work and well, life! I have a great friend that is a travel agent, that worked hard to find the perfect flight.

We knew what our specific "red flags" were. We had also read the experiences of other members that had interviews.So in regards to prep for the interview our main goal was to remain calm. I spent the last hour (sitting in the waiting room) making silly comments and acting like a clown to help us both have a positive perspective. Our interviews were significantly different from those posted here. We both had several extra documents ect. to supply if needed. I never gave any, my husband gave a letter from his father (as we could not get it from him prior to sending our application).

Wishing you good luck, hope you get all your issues sorted out soon!

Take Care
MadeInCanada
Well.. I think it was more our fault than anyone else's .. lol

I completely forgot to write which specific Visa Office we wanted, so they sent it to his country (Nairobi takes care of Somalia as well as a number of other countries in East Africa.. And we are both Somali, so it made sense they would send it there)

And that was back in March, so till now I didn't receive any response from the Nairobi Office at all... Thank God I just got an email from them about our files. Apparently they transferred it to Cairo almost a month ago, and I am just so happy to hear that!

Now the real wait begins for us...

And another quick question, would you say it was better that you were there to support him in the interview? And do they usually give a couple of days notice for the interview? ...And do they let you know during the interview whether or not they have accepted you both?

Sorry for all the questions, I am already nervous although I know I have a lot to go. :p lol

Thanks!!

Kuudir2

Taz0891

Jun 8, 2013
Hi everyone, anybody knows how long more it will take for my wife to come. I just checked my statues online and they say. They got my application aug.3rd 2012. And now they said start the processing for PR may13. 2013 how long more will it take thanks????

hema00

May 24, 2013
Hi everyone, anybody knows how long more it will take processing . I just checked my statues online and they say. They got my application on march 1, 2012. And they said start the processing for PR may7, 2013 how long more will it take thanks? :'( :'( :'(

Taz0891

Jun 8, 2013
hema00 said:
Hi everyone, anybody knows how long more it will take processing . I just checked my statues online and they say. They got my application on march 1, 2012. And they said start the processing for PR may7, 2013 how long more will it take thanks? :'( :'( :'(
Anyone with an answer come on guy plz help me I'm stress. Just an estimation of time only I'm lookin for

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
@ hema & taz

It really depends there is no set structure to the process. All I can say is that since your ecas is showing in process you at least know they are looking at your files.

If you read through this thread you will see for yourselves that there are no direct answers to your questions. Every case is different and they (the VO) are not following any type of order.

I hope that you will hear something soon.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Kuudir2 said:
Well.. I think it was more our fault than anyone else's .. lol

I completely forgot to write which specific Visa Office we wanted, so they sent it to his country (Nairobi takes care of Somalia as well as a number of other countries in East Africa.. And we are both Somali, so it made sense they would send it there)

And that was back in March, so till now I didn't receive any response from the Nairobi Office at all... Thank God I just got an email from them about our files. Apparently they transferred it to Cairo almost a month ago, and I am just so happy to hear that!

Now the real wait begins for us...

And another quick question, would you say it was better that you were there to support him in the interview? And do they usually give a couple of days notice for the interview? ...And do they let you know during the interview whether or not they have accepted you both?

Sorry for all the questions, I am already nervous although I know I have a lot to go. :p lol

Thanks!!

Kuudir2
I would say it was better in all aspects. I was interviewed as well as my husband. I don't want to say if I wasn't there we would not have been approved, however, I think it is reality. The VO told me that we BOTH convinced him. So, I believe if I was not there we would be looking down a very different road than we are now.

They do not always give you an answer in the interview. Sometimes they say they still need to review things.

Keep in mind all cases and all people are different. The VO knows you by the papers you submitted, an interview is your chance to let them know who you really are and how your relationship really is.

It seems as though you have a fairly straight forward case. Things do seem to be moving along for many. I do not want to give you false hope in the wait time though.

Take Care
MadeInCanada