+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
I called the embassy on Sunday, to find out why the delay on getting the passport back, and of course they told me they could give me no information over the phone. "Send an email" they told me yet again. I sent an email right away, but I don't expect to get a response back for 2-3 weeks as per their usual turnaround time.

I tried to send another email today and got this message:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

CAIRO (IMMIGRATION)
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

Amazing. And typical. Sigh.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
CanJen said:
I called the embassy on Sunday, to find out why the delay on getting the passport back, and of course they told me they could give me no information over the phone. "Send an email" they told me yet again. I sent an email right away, but I don't expect to get a response back for 2-3 weeks as per their usual turnaround time.

I tried to send another email today and got this message:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

CAIRO (IMMIGRATION)
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

Amazing. And typical. Sigh.
When did you send your passport in if you don't mind me asking. Also, what email address did you send it too?

Thanks

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
MadeInCanada said:
I would say it was better in all aspects. I was interviewed as well as my husband. I don't want to say if I wasn't there we would not have been approved, however, I think it is reality. The VO told me that we BOTH convinced him. So, I believe if I was not there we would be looking down a very different road than we are now.

They do not always give you an answer in the interview. Sometimes they say they still need to review things.

Keep in mind all cases and all people are different. The VO knows you by the papers you submitted, an interview is your chance to let them know who you really are and how your relationship really is.

It seems as though you have a fairly straight forward case. Things do seem to be moving along for many. I do not want to give you false hope in the wait time though.

Take Care
MadeInCanada
And were you required to bring in any extra evidence? I'm hoping that they give us a good amount of time before the interview...if there is one.
I think it would be ideal for me to be there for the interview as well.

Thanks for the help, I am so grateful that I have someone who has the experience giving me the info I need.

Do you have any suggestions or advice you think would help our case? :)

Kuudir2

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
MadeInCanada said:
When did you send your passport in if you don't mind me asking. Also, what email address did you send it too?

Thanks
We left our passport and photos with the VO during our interview on May 19th. He said we could expect the passport/visa back within 2 weeks, but then we got an email asking my husband to complete his medical exam the day after (it expired in January). When my husband called the hospital last week, they confirmed the results had been sent back to the embassy 2 weeks ago.

I sent my email to cairo.visa@international.gc.ca. I got a confirmation email yesterday, but today my message bounced back.

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
I have question for anyone who got his visa . In confirmation of permanent residence .UCI number is it the same old UCI number or that one only for my information.
Because now we have 2 different UCI number. Is it right or what
Thanks for help

Mohamed_Hassan

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Egypt
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Ahmedbaraka said:
الحمد لله.

I got my passport with visa now.
Thanks god
Hope the best for all of you.
Congratulations brother.

Magdalena

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Congratulation to all who already received their visa.
We are still waiting and I hope that not so long. We are both living here in Egypt but I want to move to Canada as soon as possible but of course I don't want to do it alone.
I have a question for those who already did it : How long it takes to appear on online status that they received medical result. We didn't do it at the beginning only just end of April and it was supposed to be send by doctor to London.
Did anyone have the same situation and sent medicals after like we?

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
We did everything before we sent for sponsorship. That's what we thought we had to do. We can not believe it but our entire process took 3 months and 14 days. We were not interviewed, but again, we sent everything from the beginning and we also both live here in Cairo. It is such a long process and you mentally prepare yourself for 2 years, but it seems there is no normal when it comes to the immigration process. We are still in shock!

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Ahmedbaraka said:
الحمد لله.

I got my passport with visa now.
Thanks god
Hope the best for all of you.
Congrats!!!

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Kuudir2 said:
And were you required to bring in any extra evidence? I'm hoping that they give us a good amount of time before the interview...if there is one.
I think it would be ideal for me to be there for the interview as well.

Thanks for the help, I am so grateful that I have someone who has the experience giving me the info I need.

Do you have any suggestions or advice you think would help our case? :)

Kuudir2
We were not asked to bring anything actually, though we both had several items to show should we be asked for them or have the opportunity to show them. I did not give anything else, my husband after being asked what his father does for a living offered the VO a letter which his father wrote supporting our relationship.

As I do not know your case specifically, I can't offer that much advice. Being there for the interview should you be called for one is very important though.

Do you have any "red flags"? Age/culture/religion/background ect. differences?

Take Care
MadeInCanada

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Magdalena said:
We are still waiting and I hope that not so long. We are both living here in Egypt but I want to move to Canada as soon as possible but of course I don't want to do it alone.
I have a question for those who already did it : How long it takes to appear on online status that they received medical result. We didn't do it at the beginning only just end of April and it was supposed to be send by doctor to London.
I have heard of other people doing that too, it COULD cause a slight delay in processing. But I think by the time they come to your file the medical results should be entered into their system.

The meds were done for us in Oct and by Jan when we logged into ecas they were already on file. I am sure yours will be fine!

Are you a PR or Citizen if you don't mind me asking.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Magdalena said:
I just reviewed your other posts. Glad to hear you finally got the sponsor approval letter! Since you are a Citizen, my question is answered. I just wanted to make sure because PRs have to remain in Canada other than taking short trips. So for that your also good to go. Did you manage to contact CIC? Also, Did you complete your intent to return to Canada after your application is approved?

Take Care
MadeInCanada

New lady

Jun 4, 2013
HI EVERYONE

I FILE A APPLICATION TO SPONSOR MY HUSBAND ON MAY/2012 GET THE APROVAL LETTER END OF JULY 2012, MARCH/2013 THEY CONTACT MY HUSBAND AND ASK SOME DOCUMENTS WHICH WE SEND, AFTER THAT NO NEWS.

AFTER READING HERE I FEEL LIKE MY SPONSORSHIP IS TAKING TOO LONG BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE WHO APPLY AFTER ME ALREADY GET THEIR VISAS, OF COURSE I AM HAPPY FOR EVERYONE AND IT GIVES ME HOPE EACH TIME I SEE SOMEONE WITH A GOOD NEWS THINKING MAYBE THEY WILL CONTACT US BUT NO NEWS YET.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL