30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
MadeInCanada said:
Sorry to have sent the pm. I read the spreadsheet which said to contact you that way. For further updates I will simply post the information.

Thank you. Have a good day.
No problem at all! No need to be sorry :) I added you. PM'ing works too :) :) Take care

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsuannahr said:
No problem at all! No need to be sorry :) I added you. PM'ing works too :) :) Take care
Any news Shamsuannahr, or any one

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
I would just like to address those with the longer wait times. I hope no one minds. If anyone does, then by all means just ignore this post :)

I have been reading old posts, looking over everything, trying to find (if possible) reasons for delays. From what I can see there have been complications (missing papers and or documents ect.) with applications.

I empathize with all of you filling with increased frustrations due to the ridiculous amount of waiting you have endured thus far. My inquiries are not to "add salt to the wound" so to speak, but merely to obtain even a small amount of understanding.

1. Would anyone mind confirming if there was/were issues regarding their applications? (papers lost/missing ect..)

2. Does the file get held in the order it was received or go back to the end of the line?

3. From your perspective, does the Ottawa pilot increase the wait time?

4. Are there any benefits to the Ottawa pilot office? (Besides the obvious....its OPEN! lol)

Straight forward cases have less of a wait time. "IF" applications are on a "first come first serve" basis, then the "easy" ones bypass the "complicated" thus getting to a final decision sooner. Which to me, makes sense. Less to investigate = done faster. That leads me to my next question..

5. How many of you have circumstances which surpass "easy" Do you feel that is the reason/cause for your wait?

Any comments or opinions?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MadeInCanada said:
I would just like to address those with the longer wait times. I hope no one minds. If anyone does, then by all means just ignore this post :)

I have been reading old posts, looking over everything, trying to find (if possible) reasons for delays. From what I can see there have been complications (missing papers and or documents ect.) with applications.
That is NOT true ... check Feb 2012 thread you will find at least 2 cases; one CIC lost some documents in his/her file another case CIC sent the application to the wrong Visa office
I empathize with all of you filling with increased frustrations due to the ridiculous amount of waiting you have endured thus far. My inquiries are not to "add salt to the wound" so to speak, but merely to obtain even a small amount of understanding.

1. Would anyone mind confirming if there was/were issues regarding their applications? (papers lost/missing ect..)

If there is anything wrong it would be in CIC, the administration,...

2. Does the file get held in the order it was received or go back to the end of the line?

Who knows if you check many spread sheets you will find no logic no order...

3. From your perspective, does the Ottawa pilot increase the wait time?

They are treating processing times as targets to meet...for example many US applicants through CPP-O have finished months ago...it is not work load or first come first served...it is complete racism by separating files

4. Are there any benefits to the Ottawa pilot office? (Besides the obvious....its OPEN! lol)

Straight forward cases have less of a wait time. "IF" applications are on a "first come first serve" basis, then the "easy" ones bypass the "complicated" thus getting to a final decision sooner. Which to me, makes sense. Less to investigate = done faster. That leads me to my next question..

5. How many of you have circumstances which surpass "easy" Do you feel that is the reason/cause for your wait?

Any comments or opinions?
Answers in blue

That is NOT true ... check Feb 2012 thread you will find at least 2 cases; one CIC lost some documents in his/her file another case CIC sent the application to the wrong Visa office

They are treating processing times as targets to meet...for example many US applicants through CPP-O have finished months ago...it is not work load or first come first served...it is complete racism by separating files

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Dr Eng X said:
Answers in blue

Dr Eng X

Thank you for your reply, however I am a tad on the confused side...

You are agreeing with what I said, pointing out "at least 2 cases", but saying it is not true? I was basing my conclusion on posts made by the members (on the Cairo spreadsheet) themselves. Furthermore, I was not referring to whom may have made the mistake, merely that there was a mistake. I will check the thread you mentioned though. Thank you

I understand your frustration. I may have a different perspective with regards to the racism comment but that being said, I can see how you have come to form it.

You mentioned also the US applicants. Please correct me if I am wrong, but they would have a shorter processing time in the first place wouldn't they? So they would reasonably be finished sooner?

I also believe that the size of the application may have a lot to do with wait times. Its a "catch 22" situation, more proof the better as for verifying things, but on the other hand then they have to review it all and look into what is there.

As for the CIC administration being responsible for anything wrong. We are all only human, and make mistakes. I am sure some errors may have occurred due to the stress of preparing the application and excitement to get it all in as well as on CICs watch.

I can't even begin to presume that I know how CIC does things, but I would like to assume there would be a different section for each location the files are coming from. Perhaps that is my optimistic side thinking...

They separate the files by location/country. The processing times are dictated as far as I can see with regards to accessibility for security checks and such.

Please don't conclude from this that I agree to the way it is. Maybe I am just grasping at straws...trying to understand.

In sha2 ALLAH you will be with your wife soon.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MadeInCanada said:
Dr Eng X

Thank you for your reply, however I am a tad on the confused side...

You are agreeing with what I said, pointing out "at least 2 cases", but saying it is not true? I was basing my conclusion on posts made by the members (on the Cairo spreadsheet) themselves. Furthermore, I was not referring to whom may have made the mistake, merely that there was a mistake. I will check the thread you mentioned though. Thank you

I understand your frustration. I may have a different perspective with regards to the racism comment but that being said, I can see how you have come to form it.

You mentioned also the US applicants. Please correct me if I am wrong, but they would have a shorter processing time in the first place wouldn't they? So they would reasonably be finished sooner?

I also believe that the size of the application may have a lot to do with wait times. Its a "catch 22" situation, more proof the better as for verifying things, but on the other hand then they have to review it all and look into what is there.

I can't even begin to presume that I know how CIC does things, but I would like to assume there would be a different section for each location the files are coming from. Perhaps that is my optimistic side thinking...

They separate the files by location/country. The processing times are dictated as far as I can see with regards to accessibility for security checks and such.

Please don't conclude from this that I agree to the way it is. Maybe I am just grasping at straws...trying to understand.

In sha2 ALLAH you will be with your wife soon.
Dear MadeInCanada,

What I mean by "that is not true" is: processing times and the way CIC is handling has no real logic other than politics...Of course it makes sense missing documents would delay (no argument there)....

Everyone has a view ...I am not discussing that but if CPP Ottawa (same office) receives 2 files and they don't process them with equal chance and separates files by race or Visa office belongings
The example is very clear between the way U.S. applicants are split from others handled by the same office and the difference doesn't really acount for the non-sense of these have already long lines...simply they could have reduced them instead of meeting the quota of processing times!!!!!!!!!!!
The reasons don't have anything to do with number of applications or load, it has to do with which community the applicant belong to...Is the community effective and powerful in elections...
Look at number of applicants from China, India...then check their processing times
Don't take it personal

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
MadeInCanada said:
I'm not from this VO, but I thought to share with you our experience so far. In our visa office (Ankara), we had the processing time of 5 months before Damascus was closed. Part of the files from Damascus were transferred to Ankara, and the processing time for Ankara increased from 5 months to 16 months.

Anyways, our file wasn't even looked at for a long time. I do know for a fact no one looked at it at least till December (last time I received out GCMS notes). So I doubt anyone could've flagged it as complicated or straightforward without at least a preliminary browsing through.
Having said that, Ankara has reviewed files and in some cases issued the visas for people who applied even a few months after us.

My point is, I would understand if they wanted to take more time processing a file. After all, each case is unique. However, I personally expect them to start reviewing the files in some sort of an order. Finishing them, of course, will not be in that order and that's absolutely logical.

Just thought to contribute to this topic :)

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Dr Eng X

Thanks again for your reply. I am by no means taking anything of this personally. I am only trying to gain some insight.

I know you have been dealing with it for a long time and your opinion is great, for you have not only a different perspective but have gained more experience/knowledge regarding this whole mess of a "process".

I have read other post you have made, and agree that IF they wanted to fix the timeline issues they could. It is by no means beyond their capabilities, it just seems it is beyond there interest. They are getting money from us all no matter how long we wait.....

Anyways, thanks for explaining.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
BCgirl2012

Thank you for your contribution. I really wish it was set out like it should be in all of (I hope no one minds me referring to all members this way) OUr minds. We have figured out how it should be done why can't they! lol

Take Care

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
I'm not from this VO, but I thought to share with you our experience so far. In our visa office (Ankara), we had the processing time of 5 months before Damascus was closed. Part of the files from Damascus were transferred to Ankara, and the processing time for Ankara increased from 5 months to 16 months.

Anyways, our file wasn't even looked at for a long time. I do know for a fact no one looked at it at least till December (last time I received out GCMS notes). So I doubt anyone could've flagged it as complicated or straightforward without at least a preliminary browsing through.
Having said that, Ankara has reviewed files and in some cases issued the visas for people who applied even a few months after us.

My point is, I would understand if they wanted to take more time processing a file. After all, each case is unique. However, I personally expect them to start reviewing the files in some sort of an order. Finishing them, of course, will not be in that order and that's absolutely logical.

Just thought to contribute to this topic :)
You are right that is part of what I wanted to say...the last time I checked my file was collecting dirt...it has been collecting dirt since its transfer and they have even passed their deadlines

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MadeInCanada said:
Dr Eng X

Thanks again for your reply. I am by no means taking anything of this personally. I am only trying to gain some insight.

I know you have been dealing with it for a long time and your opinion is great, for you have not only a different perspective but have gained more experience/knowledge regarding this whole mess of a "process".

I have read other post you have made, and agree that IF they wanted to fix the timeline issues they could. It is by no means beyond their capabilities, it just seems it is beyond there interest. They are getting money from us all no matter how long we wait.....

Anyways, thanks for explaining.
Thanks for your understanding...I don't really read the forum that much...I'm trying to stay away from the frustration and save my time

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Dr Eng X said:
Thanks for your understanding...I don't really read the forum that much...I'm trying to stay away from the frustration and save my time
Understandable

sakaka

Star Member
May 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody
I just want to ask a question
I want to send the sponsorship approval from Quebec to the Canadian embassy in Cairo to join it to my application which has been transferred to Cairo one month ago.
could I send a photocopy of it by email? ( or "generally" can I send a document by email ) if yes, what the emails address I can send to.
if not, so what the ordinary mail address of the Canadian embassy in Cairo
Thank you so much.

egyptianSA

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/4/2012
AOR Received.
11/7/2012
Med's Done....
15/1/2012 and redone in 16/5/2013
Passport Req..
12/5/2013
VISA ISSUED...
25/8/2013
MadeInCanada said:
Understandable
Did anyone check the last update for processing time?
they increase most of visa office processing time, Egypt 15 months, Ottawa 13 ,Detroit 16 :eek: :eek: