VISA ISSUED...
05-24-2012
LANDED..........
05-30-2012
gigotheking said:
Hi everybody

I have a question and i hope somebody can help me

i applied to sponsor my wife on April 9th 2012

i received the approval on july 9th and in the letter they said that the file was transferred to Egypt (cairo office).. and when i check the application it says that application received and medical results have been received.

but today i called just to check if everything is fine.. in Cairo they told me that they have never received the file. and when i called CIC they told me that the file was transferred to the ottawa pilot instead and they help the cairo office now.. i was just wondering if this is a good news or bad news.. so is it better that the file is being treated by ottawa pilot or by the cairo office..is this a good sign or not?.. and if anybody has a similar experience and can tell me what happened in his case?

Thanks for your help
that is a good news budy ottawa way much faster than cairo office

farnardo

Jul 14, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2014
gigotheking said:
Hi everybody

i received the approval on july 9th and in the letter they said that the file was transferred to Egypt (cairo office).. and when i check the application it says that application received and medical results have been received.

but today i called just to check if everything is fine.. in Cairo they told me that they have never received the file. and when i called CIC they told me that the file was transferred to the ottawa pilot instead and they help the cairo office now.. i was just wondering if this is a good news or bad news.. so is it better that the file is being treated by ottawa pilot or by the cairo office..is this a good sign or not?.. and if anybody has a similar experience and can tell me what happened in his case?

Thanks for your help
woow this is a good sign,, I wish that ottawa pilot process the rest of my husbands application,,, cairo or Tahrir area it won't be safe for them next days!!! plus the electricity issue going down there .. hope it will be more faster than cairo visa office... waiting is more than hard for me

fadi pal

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Ontarioer said:
As I am done with this process, I will quit this forum :)
I will miss everybody and all the best again.

congrats ontarioer.. thats really a good news..good luck and hope you will have the best time ever with your partner..

candab

Aug 10, 2012
mr.x said:
that s good news . that happend to me too . its just cus they didn't send all your documents from attawa
they asked me for the same things too with photo letters emails . but they wont really look at it . any way , did they ask you for 2 personal photo and your passport ?
Thanks for your reply mr.x.
They asked us for 4 personal photos and a copy of the passport....is that still good news? What was the next thing u heard after u sent your documents and how long after?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gigotheking said:
Hi everybody

Thanks for your help
As far as I know from CIC agent: straight forward files are sent to Ottawa pilot office...It seemed to be better at the begining however they seem to have accumulated large backlog...

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
gigotheking said:
Hi everybody

Thanks for your help

Hey Brother, by the way I received my approval letter on 6th.7.2012 and my file is transferred to Cairo also in the same day .

so , keep in touch for any updates I tried to call Cairo but the didn't respond.
so, if you have any news tell me about., most probably our application will run together coz we are in the same dates.

Eid Mubark.

gigotheking

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO/Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 and february 2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2012/csq received july 24th
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
Med's Request
extended till feb 14th 2014
Med's Done....
02-03-2012/results received july 9th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb14th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
march 5th 2013
LANDED..........
verrrry soooooon
wargo said:
Hey Brother, by the way I received my approval letter on 6th.7.2012 and my file is transferred to Cairo also in the same day .

so , keep in touch for any updates I tried to call Cairo but the didn't respond.
so, if you have any news tell me about., most probably our application will run together coz we are in the same dates.

Eid Mubark.
Hi wargo, i replied to you via PM

mr.x

Star Member
Dec 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTT/Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-12-2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-24-2012
LANDED..........
05-30-2012
candab said:
Thanks for your reply mr.x.
They asked us for 4 personal photos and a copy of the passport....is that still good news? What was the next thing u heard after u sent your documents and how long after?
its good news i think you wont be asked for interview next thing is passport request , or else interview but from now it will take like 2 to 3 monthes to be done and had the visa

Mohaab

Apr 14, 2012
Hey everyone :) i wanna know if its possible to get a visitor visa while processing the sponsorship applications or not ?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mohaab said:
Hey everyone :) i wanna know if its possible to get a visitor visa while processing the sponsorship applications or not ?
If you can show the applicant will visit and return however this is very difficult since you have applied for permenant resident visa. In other words you can not have both intentions of just temporarily visiting and permenantly residing.

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
@ gigotheking

Hey there,
My story is almost exactly the same as yours, our application was sent April 10 and started being processed July 11,2012. Our File has also been sent to Ottawa for processing.... hopefully that is best case scenario.... I will be sure to let you know as things come along. Good luck

gigotheking

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO/Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb14th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
march 5th 2013
LANDED..........
verrrry soooooon
freeislam000 said:
@ gigotheking

Hey there,
My story is almost exactly the same as yours, our application was sent April 10 and started being processed July 11,2012. Our File has also been sent to Ottawa for processing.... hopefully that is best case scenario.... I will be sure to let you know as things come along. Good luck

yes hopefully ,i was told by all my friends here that it is better as in ottawa pilot it goes a lot faster than cairo

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gigotheking said:
Hi everybody

Thanks for your help
As indicated in my timeline...I have received the approval and it stated file transfered to Cairo. I have been under that impression. I even called CIC several times. Lately I asked the agent why my file was transfered to Cairo while it is a straight-forward application. To my surprise, she told me it is still in Ottawa!!
There was a case after me but his wife received her PR visa already!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cairo-visa-office-t69666.0.html;msg1521796#msg1521796

gigotheking

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO/Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb14th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
march 5th 2013
LANDED..........
verrrry soooooon
Dr Eng X said:
As indicated in my timeline...I have received the approval and it stated file transfered to Cairo. I have been under that impression. I even called CIC several times. Lately I asked the agent why my file was transfered to Cairo while it is a straight-forward application. To my surprise, she told me it is still in Ottawa!!
There was a case after me but his wife received her PR visa already!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cairo-visa-office-t69666.0.html;msg1521796#msg1521796
most of my friends here, it took them from 5 to 7 months....just for one of them it took 9 months,, as he applied during the revolution and the embassy was closed , and his application was returned from Cairo to Ottawa,, and then from Ottawa to Cairo again... so depending on your timeline . i think that you will received the PR very soon

gigotheking

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO/Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb14th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
march 5th 2013
LANDED..........
verrrry soooooon
There's a new procedure that will allow medical validity to be extended if your application processing is completed within 15 months of the original medical exam and the only thing stopping your application from final approved and PPR is the expiration of your medical results (or ability to reasonably land within the initial year-long validity).

Officers will now be able to submit a request for an extension of the medical exam result validity (as long as they were done within the last 15 months) and they can extend them for an additional 12 months without the need for an additional medical exam. The details are on the CIC website.(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp)

Hopefully this saves folks time and expense of extra medical exams.