Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Dr Eng X said:
Sorry this estimate is from applying or from sponsorship approval
From applying. So because the number of days for sponsorship approval greatly increased over the first few months this year, that will have an impact on your total timeline (i.e. if the number of days for your sponsorship approval increased by 30 from the norm when you applied, add 30 days to the average timeline to estimate your total timeline). The 7 months 3 weeks was calculated from the following average-seeming timelines (I didn't include unusually long timelines):

louisa: 346
taqy: 263
bondar: 230
adam86: 151-180
mr. x: 244
abdoon: 179
nubin: 198

It's not a science, just a rough guide; it might be more useful for you to calculate your own average based on the timelines for female sponsorships.

What I was saying earlier about my username is that Shamsu a' nnahr is standard Arabic for light of the river, and what Rachel (my name) was called in the Qur'an. So I guess the Indian lady you mentioned speaks Arabic also.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsuannahr said:
From applying. So because the number of days for sponsorship approval greatly increased over the first few months this year, that will have an impact on your total timeline (i.e. if the number of days for your sponsorship approval increased by 30 from the norm when you applied, add 30 days to the average timeline to estimate your total timeline). The 7 months 3 weeks was calculated from the following average-seeming timelines (I didn't include unusually long timelines):

It's not a science, just a rough guide; it might be more useful for you to calculate your own average based on the timelines for female sponsorships.

What I was saying earlier about my username is that Shamsu a' nnahr is standard Arabic for light of the river, and what Rachel (my name) was called in the Qur'an. So I guess the Indian lady you mentioned speaks Arabic also.
Thank you, according to that we should be very soon...if you do not mind add to the notes mroliveland was processed fast since his wife was palestinian from Ghaza as he previously stated.

In regards to your username if I am pronouncing it correct Shamsu a' nnahr it means the sun of the river. Shamsu is a small sun...that is nice

emadiano

Star Member
Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Interview........
06-02-2012
Passport Req..
2-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2013
emadiano can you put on our timeline under louisa that he received the visa and landed feb.14/12
thanks ;)I still check on you all and feel your pain.
[/quote]

hi louisa hope things is good with you
sure i will add that sorry i was busy thats all
have a good day

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsuannahr said:

I believe nubin's timeline is wrong ...application filed 07/07/2011
nubin said:
thank u every body

shamsuannahr i sponsor my whife
they just sende whife e mail on may 7
visa redy send passport and 2pc
we snded whith DHL on may 9 they get it on may 13 they send it back on jun 10
ap f on 07/07/2011
start pros on 07/09/2011
des mad on 20/10/2011
transf to cairo on 21/10/2011
transf to ottwa po 21/11/2011
I believe cases processed at Ottawa/Cairo for non Egyptian have different processing times. If you donot mind add a note to nubin's case
nubin said:
yes we are from sudan

m0nkey

Jun 23, 2012
Greetings to all the Cairenes out there. I have a quick question, and was hoping that some of you would be able to provide some guidance based on your experience during the process so far.

I am an Egyptian Canadian living in Canada and plan to get married to my fiance who's also a dual citizen (Egyptian but not Canadian, who lives in the UK - on a student visa. She's not British.) We plan to get married in Egypt as Egyptians using our National IDs. My question is, what are the extra steps that we need to take to get this marriage recognized in Canada so that we can file the sponsorship application as soon as I get back to Canada. Also, is there anything that I need to do here in Canada, before I fly over to Egypt for the marriage?

Thanks guys, appreciate all your responses in advance. I wish you all the best of luck with your wait times.

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m0nkey said:
Greetings to all the Cairenes out there. I have a quick question, and was hoping that some of you would be able to provide some guidance based on your experience during the process so far.

I am an Egyptian Canadian living in Canada and plan to get married to my fiance who's also a dual citizen (Egyptian but not Canadian, who lives in the UK - on a student visa. She's not British.) We plan to get married in Egypt as Egyptians using our National IDs. My question is, what are the extra steps that we need to take to get this marriage recognized in Canada so that we can file the sponsorship application as soon as I get back to Canada. Also, is there anything that I need to do here in Canada, before I fly over to Egypt for the marriage?

Thanks guys, appreciate all your responses in advance. I wish you all the best of luck with your wait times.

i sent you personal message it give you ways and options for which kind you want to get your marriage through

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m0nkey said:

I do not know what do you mean by your fiance is a dual citizen! What is the other citizenship that she carries?
If you say she is on a student Visa in Uk. It means she is not carrying UK citizenship.
If you both have your wedding in Egypt as Egyptians with the sponsor (you a Canadian as well). You will need to just read the CIC site very carefully. As far as I know you will both sign the CIC agreement (that is all I can think of you need to get done) however things continously change. It does not really hurt to read it (CIC site) all very carefully.
Any marriage that is recognized by the State it is held is recognized by Canada. I have posted the optimized steps for documents needed in this thread and in another Egyptian thread in this forum. If you can find them repost them again to help others as well

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found this
I have not heard about this step, take the marriage to Canadian Embassy to legalize it!

Supporting documents:
1) Identity and civil status documents. An English birth certificate issued from Health ministry (wazaret elsaha).
Kashf El Ahl (qeid eila) issued after changing status to married or you take Quesimah with you (fox says you do not have to do it after changing status in i.d. however I read here by fox:
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t69666.0.html;msg742367#msg742367
)
. I understand it is issued from Sigil El medini then translated.

2) Travel documents and passports (Egyptian passport)

3) Proof of relationship to sponsor I do not know why this is necessary in case you are married!

4) Originals of police certificates and clearances . (Feish we tashbeh then translated.)

5) Proof of medical examination for the sponsored person and each of his or her dependants. The sponsored needs to fill appendix C in 3912e. Make an appointment with MDP, take Quasima and a copy of canadian passport (as fox says take photos)

Here is how I think we can optimize the process (specially if you do not live in Cairo or do not wish to go back and forth between same places):

1) Change the marital status in your ID from single to married and take it with marriage certificates to get something called al kaid al 3a'ely or kashf el ahl (family transcript) from al segel al madany then translate it .Your family means the sponsored, the sponsor and your children not your parents ok. If they do not mind giving you kaid al 3a'ely with Quasima then go ahead to gain time while getting your id changed

2) Take your arabic birth certificate to the minister of the health, they will give you an English birth certificate

3,4,5) For the "Kaed A'ely", Marriage Certificate and Police Certificate get them all translated from the Ministry of
Justice Let the police certifiate be your last paper as it expires

(in case you need other dosuments translated you can translate it at office called (Happy International Business center
a Khairt street
medan lazoughly
795 9902
795 9947
(please update numbers) they are approved by cic, ...)
6) Authenticate all from the ministry of foreign affairs.
Remember anything in arabic has to be taken for authentication before translation because you get translation of the stamps as well...

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m0nkey said:

I will leave the updating of the previous post to new applicants...

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
hi gigotheking I wanted to send you this message to chat with you and ask you where you are from, if you are from Cairo so maybe I can take your number and follow you with updates in your case seeing as our cases are from the same time frame. I feel this process is moving so slowly ::)

farnardo

Jul 14, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2014
helllo every1,,
thx God today I received sponsorship approval my email & they said that they transfered the application to cairo visa office but I'm confused now after reading ur posts .. do they send to cairo or ottawa? coz i've notice that some ppl in the forum their file is processed in ottawa!!
I hope the processing will go as fast as it could be for me & all the ppl too

farnardo

Jul 14, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2014
helllo every1,,
thx God today I received sponsorship approval my email & they said that they transfered the application to cairo visa office but I'm confused now after reading ur posts .. do they send to cairo or ottawa? coz i've notice that some ppl in the forum their file is processed in ottawa!!

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
hello farnardo Ottawa is the head office so no matter where you will live Ottawa would be doing to paper work and no one sure how long the process will take . it is a good thing now that the cases are being transferred.and if there is no problems with the file it will be worked on in ottawa however if the is an issue that needs investigating it will be sent back to Cairo. I pray that we have no issues because that seems like it would delay the process. Wish you all the best for everyone

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farnardo said:
helllo every1,,
I will say it again. It was posted online under Cairo visa news that Ottawa office will be helping Cairo office. The news indicated that this is temporarily and cases will be sent to Cairo. Me and some recent members were not sure if our cases will be handled by Ottawa.
When asking what are the criteria for sending approved cases to Ottawa, a CIC agent told me simple cases will be transfered to Ottawa, when asking more what defines simple, she said no dependents ...etc.
After being approved for sponsorship I received from CIC that my file has been transfered to Cairo. I thought they stopped transfering files to Cairo since the situation is getting stable...etc.
However, recently I asked a CIC agent why my file was transfered to Cairo for a simple case like mine instead of Ottawa. The agent told me it is not in Cairo and that it is in Ottawa.
It seems Ottawa is handling many files...some sponsorship approvals are even being handled by Ottawa, in addition to Cairo...
I really donot see a transparent system! They are making a mess, losing files, forms, ...and transfering files to wrong Visa Offices...we have a very inefficient incompetent government...I cannot even believe they were voted back!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freeislam000 said:
hello farnardo Ottawa is the head office so no matter where you will live Ottawa would be doing to paper work and no one sure how long the process will take . it is a good thing now that the cases are being transferred.and if there is no problems with the file it will be worked on in ottawa however if the is an issue that needs investigating it will be sent back to Cairo. I pray that we have no issues because that seems like it would delay the process. Wish you all the best for everyone
Not true...A typical process as indicated in CIC site should have 2 stages
Stage 1 : sponsorship approval handled by Miss. office for sponsoring spouses who live outside Canada
Stage 2: permenant resident applicantion handled by regional Visa office for spouse who live in Egypt. It is Cairo VO.

check processing steps, time