CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 09, 2012 (CAIRO) Feb 20 2012 (CPP-O)
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
abdoon said:
I heard that since the revolution, all the applications were sent to CPP-O. I don't know whether the VO in Cairo has been back on track or not. Hopefully it isn't, because it is the worst VO in the world :S
Yeah, seems like all Egypt applications are being transferred to CPP-O which is good when the processing time in cairo is 15 month. However, I have friends who took only 6 month to bring their wives when cairo visa office was working. That was about 2 years ago. And I think at that time, cairo visa office was one of the best timelines. I do not know what happened then.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding sending applications to O-PP or Cairo VO. I called CIC a while ago and asked why some files are transfered to O-PP? Are they still doing this for all files or some? and if for some on which basis?
The answer per CIC agent was "we send easy and straightforward files". I asked how and what defines easy! The agent told me each case is different however cases with no dependents are one example.
This means more than likely if your case is straightforward with no dependents,...it will be sent to O-PP. Regarding if they will continue doing it or not. She was not sure

mroliveland

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
Regarding sending applications to O-PP or Cairo VO. I called CIC a while ago and asked why some files are transfered to O-PP? Are they still doing this for all files or some? and if for some on which basis?
The answer per CIC agent was "we send easy and straightforward files". I asked how and what defines easy! The agent told me each case is different however cases with no dependents are one example.
This means more than likely if your case is straightforward with no dependents,...it will be sent to O-PP. Regarding if they will continue doing it or not. She was not sure
But the immigration officers in Ottawa are "pure" Canadians and do not know the regional or cultural things related to your case, especially when it comes for marriage..the family-arranged marriage in our culture, for example or things related to some documentation such as Kash Elahleyyah or certification of the Egyptian courts and Egyptian Ministry of Justice ...Do you think so?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mroliveland said:
But the immigration officers in Ottawa are "pure" Canadians and do not know the regional or cultural things related to your case, especially when it comes for marriage..the family-arranged marriage in our culture, for example or things related to some documentation such as Kash Elahleyyah or certification of the Egyptian courts and Egyptian Ministry of Justice ...Do you think so?
According to my understanding if the case requires such regional or cultural attention they will send it to Cairo (it would not be straight forward per their standards).

habone

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2010
Doc's Request.
11-12-2011
Nomination.....
10-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Request
10-02-2012
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
lapula said:
Hi,Mels,

i really hope it will be a bit at least less than 12 months ;)
i will keep you posted as well
wish you a good luck
Lapula
hi,lapula wish you all the best i will be ok

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
habone said:
hi guys,
my name is habone i have been in canada 5 years wiht my dauther we made refugee claim inside canad and have been waiting 3 years than we get accept and we applay our PR and i inlude my husband,we received our PR last Novomber and they immigration transfered his file to the visa office finaly they sent us a letter telling he have to an application and fingerprint his passpaort valid atlist 18, 8pictures zise passport,medical exam extra...... i have problem to goin CAIRO VISA OFFICE and see your comincations sister and brothers i think you have a lot information that i realy need and some question so i need some how get throu CAIRO VISA OFFICE and also how i can see your answer plz plz plz i am waiting hearing you soon in shaa alaah
Thanks for approaching me (through pm), I am responding to your public post so if someone can provide you with more help. I'll try my best to guide you or help you in the things that I know.
Let us start;
1st If you wish to write in Arabish or EngloArab feel free to do so. I see people in this forum use other languages.
2nd be a little more detailed so we can understand you better for example keep in mind we do not know any anything about what happened. Provide details that are not private but will help us follow your story, ask yourself these questions: when, where, how, why, who...
3rd Regarding this forum it is made up of topics (threads)...You are in the right topic which is Family Class Sponsorship You are also in the right sub-topic which is Cairo Visa office
4th I see you have asked this question before. You will be able to change your profile if you look at the right top you will see profile you can edit it there...
5th Now this is important, I believe it does not matter how you became a Canadian resident (please check that in CIC site or speak to a local CIC in Canada services...if that is true then you are simply applying to sponsor your husband...if it is not then it will be more difficult for me to help you...My case is totally different. I am a Canadian citizen and has never been a refugee
6th that is the part that confuses me a bit when you say we recieved our PR most likely you mean you and your daughter (I'm assuming so)...Is that right? then you applied to sponsor him!
7th keep things in points
Habon and her daughter recieved their PR in nov 2011
Habon applied to sponsor her husband...etc in of 2011 or 2012
Cairo or O. office requested ... on 2011/2012
Habon and/or husband sent these documents...
Habon and/or husband recieved a confirmation or....
I hope you can understand me (be specific without violating your privacy)

Mohaab

Apr 14, 2012
Hello All ,

I have a question to ask is it better to have a consultant or hirer a lawyer to help us with our paper or should i do it myself also if anyone hired one of the 2 can you please tell me how long it took you to get you visa?

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
Mohaab said:
Hello All ,

I have a question to ask is it better to have a consultant or hirer a lawyer to help us with our paper or should i do it myself also if anyone hired one of the 2 can you please tell me how long it took you to get you visa?
I think it is very straightforward. Just make sure you follow the documents and do not ignore anything. Use the checklist as a reference too and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

All the best

salyrm

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hi Everyone

I would appreciate if someone can assist me with those 2 questions:
1- I am sponsoring my widowed mom and got letter from CIC for additional documents, since my mother is a widow, is a copy of my father death certificate enough to provide, or still she has to provide copy of her marriage certificate (she is having hard time locating it, and to issue it from scratch back home will take forever), can anyone with same situiation answer my question please??
2- When filling in IMM0008 form, can I put her mailing address as my address here in Canada, since my mother does not know English and is living by herself and cannot figure out what is in the letter if it was sent back home, so I can read the letter and explain to her by phone what she needs to do??

Thanks you everyone

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
salyrm said:
Hi Everyone

I would appreciate if someone can assist me with those 2 questions:
1- I am sponsoring my widowed mom and got letter from CIC for additional documents, since my mother is a widow, is a copy of my father death certificate enough to provide, or still she has to provide copy of her marriage certificate (she is having hard time locating it, and to issue it from scratch back home will take forever), can anyone with same situiation answer my question please??
2- When filling in IMM0008 form, can I put her mailing address as my address here in Canada, since my mother does not know English and is living by herself and cannot figure out what is in the letter if it was sent back home, so I can read the letter and explain to her by phone what she needs to do??

Thanks you everyone
AS for your first question, I do not know really, however you better call the CIC and ask them
As for the second question, I think it is ok to have her mailing address to your address, there is nothing wrong with that
All the best

habone

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2010
Doc's Request.
11-12-2011
Nomination.....
10-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Request
10-02-2012
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
Dr Eng X said:
Thanks for approaching me (through pm), I am responding to your public post so if someone can provide you with more help. I'll try my best to guide you or help you in the things that I know.
Let us start;
1st If you wish to write in Arabish or EngloArab feel free to do so. I see people in this forum use other languages.
2nd be a little more detailed so we can understand you better for example keep in mind we do not know any anything about what happened. Provide details that are not private but will help us follow your story, ask yourself these questions: when, where, how, why, who...
3rd Regarding this forum it is made up of topics (threads)...You are in the right topic which is Family Class Sponsorship You are also in the right sub-topic which is Cairo Visa office
4th I see you have asked this question before. You will be able to change your profile if you look at the right top you will see profile you can edit it there...
5th Now this is important, I believe it does not matter how you became a Canadian resident (please check that in CIC site or speak to a local CIC in Canada services...if that is true then you are simply applying to sponsor your husband...if it is not then it will be more difficult for me to help you...My case is totally different. I am a Canadian citizen and has never been a refugee
6th that is the part that confuses me a bit when you say we recieved our PR most likely you mean you and your daughter (I'm assuming so)...Is that right? then you applied to sponsor him!
7th keep things in points
Habon and her daughter recieved their PR in nov 2011
Habon applied to sponsor her husband...etc in of 2011 or 2012
Cairo or O. office requested ... on 2011/2012
Habon and/or husband sent these documents...
Habon and/or husband recieved a confirmation or....
I hope you can understand me (be specific without violating your privacy)
hi dear Dr EngX,
Firstly, thank you so much for your help and your consideration I realy appriciated and it help me a lot .
Scoundly, it is mean that I like any privancy but I does not know anything about this link and how to use befor I got your help jasaka laah kair brother.Now, here is my all information on detail in sha alah:
-habone and her dauther became PR after 3 years.
-habone applied sponsor her husband on May 29 /2010.
-Type of application is family class (PDF)
-Husband application being trancfered to the visa office in Cairo on Nov 21/2011.
-document and police fingerprint and medical exam request on Dec 11/2011.
- Med done on APRIL 20 /2012.
- a confirmation letter that all documents recieved by the the visa office recievd on April 23 /2012.
So i dont know what is the next step and how we can know if if medical recievd or not did you have any idea.

thank you wish you all the best

habone

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2010
Doc's Request.
11-12-2011
Nomination.....
10-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Request
10-02-2012
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
Dr Eng X said:
hi dear Dr Engx,
because of political problems in Cairo they cic creat O-PP to facilate to the people sponsoring thier families and it is verey nice office for the processe i have one friend which was her file trancefred o-pp she got worred at beging but it was easy and fast after she sponsor her husband on 2011 and he came on march 2012 so do not worry brother that is verey nice just contac them by email always and they will resbone step by step in sha laah wish you the best

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
habone said:
hi dear Dr EngX,
Firstly, thank you so much for your help and your consideration I realy appriciated and it help me a lot .
Scoundly, it is mean that I like any privancy but I does not know anything about this link and how to use befor I got your help jasaka laah kair brother.Now, here is my all information on detail in sha alah:
-habone and her dauther became PR after 3 years.
-habone applied sponsor her husband on May 29 /2010.
-Type of application is family class (PDF)
-Husband application being trancfered to the visa office in Cairo on Nov 21/2011.
-document and police fingerprint and medical exam request on Dec 11/2011.
- Med done on APRIL 20 /2012.
- a confirmation letter that all documents recieved by the the visa office recievd on April 23 /2012.
So i dont know what is the next step and how we can know if if medical recievd or not did you have any idea.

thank you wish you all the best
It seems your applications are almost over. If my assumptions hold valid. I think you are at the last stage. I am also happy to see you have received the confirmation April 23, 2012. If there was any more documents they would have told you. Very very soon you will be together. It is a matter of time.

If anyone knows or thinks otherwise please step in.

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
It seems your applications are almost over. If my assumptions hold valid. I think you are at the last stage. I am also happy to see you have received the confirmation April 23, 2012. If there was any more documents they would have told you. Very very soon you will be together. It is a matter of time.

If anyone knows or thinks otherwise please step in.
me too, I think you are right the application seems to be approaching the visa issuance stage. I do not think anything needs to be done, just wait for them to may be request his passport.

bettycamus

Feb 5, 2012
Hello Every one,,,,I have question, I am in Alexandria, ready to send my file, but my question is " can I send the fee as Draft check or direct deposit by citybank?" Please if someone have an answer let me know......Thank you