Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012

salyrm

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hi Everyone

Please I have a quick question if someone could help me with. I applied for sponsoring my mother who lives by herself in Cairo 3 years ago. Now CIC are sending asking for additional information. They want copy of her marriage certificate in Arabic along with Certified True Translation in English. Unfortunately my mother can not locate her original marriage certificate in Arabic, but she only found a copy of it. Can I take that copy and translate it at a certified translator in Egypt or this is not acceptable by CIC?
I heard it had to be translated at (Wezaret El 3adl) only, is that true or any certified translator is OK, since I do not have the original in Arabic and I do not know if Wezaret El 3adl can issue one in English out of an arabic copy or they still need the originals, plus I am too tight with the deadline given to me by CIC and do not know how long does it take to start from scratch to issue one in Arabic and then translate it in English.
If anyone could help me find answers to my questions, I would really appreciate.
Thanks

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 09, 2012 (CAIRO) Feb 20 2012 (CPP-O)
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
salyrm said:
Hi Everyone

Please I have a quick question if someone could help me with. I applied for sponsoring my mother who lives by herself in Cairo 3 years ago. Now CIC are sending asking for additional information. They want copy of her marriage certificate in Arabic along with Certified True Translation in English. Unfortunately my mother can not locate her original marriage certificate in Arabic, but she only found a copy of it. Can I take that copy and translate it at a certified translator in Egypt or this is not acceptable by CIC?
I heard it had to be translated at (Wezaret El 3adl) only, is that true or any certified translator is OK, since I do not have the original in Arabic and I do not know if Wezaret El 3adl can issue one in English out of an arabic copy or they still need the originals, plus I am too tight with the deadline given to me by CIC and do not know how long does it take to start from scratch to issue one in Arabic and then translate it in English.
If anyone could help me find answers to my questions, I would really appreciate.
Thanks
Ok, here is what I think you should be doing.
your mom, or a lawyer should take the copy and go to the Court which issued the original marriage certificate. they will get it notarized and this will be a certified (Notarized) copy. This copy can then be taken to (Wezarat EL 3adl) and be translated. I would then take both copies to (Wezarat Alkharjiyah) and get it notarized there too. Not sure if that last step is really required, however if it is easy, I would do it just in case.

If someone else have more information to add or confirm what I said, that would be appreciated.

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
abdoon said:
Hi all,

Today, the Canadian embassy at Cairo sent us a mail today,

Dear Mrs. XXXXX,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the family class category.

We are pleased to inform you that your file is now ready for visa issuance. In this regard, you are requested to send the following documents to our office by courier only (such as DHL, TNT, Aramex, etc) to enable us to issue your immigrant visa:

(X) Your original passport.
(X) 2 recent photos. Photo specifications attached."

My timeline-
Application sent: 18 Nov. 2011
Approved for sponsorship: 21 Jan. 2012
AOR- Case Processing Pilot- Ottawa: 10 Feb. 2012
Starting processing the application: 29 Feb. 2012
mail received: 25 Apr. 2012

Abdullah
Congrats Abdullah, so happy for you.
Thanks for sharing your timeline, one of the best and I wish you the best :).
So, you said it started processing Feb 29, 2012 did you see this in your E-CAS? did it say IN PROCESS by Feb29?

abdoon

Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
Ontarioer said:
Congrats Abdullah, so happy for you.
Thanks for sharing your timeline, one of the best and I wish you the best :).
So, you said it started processing Feb 29, 2012 did you see this in your E-CAS? did it say IN PROCESS by Feb29?
Yes, an agent called my brother 2 days before Feb 29 and told him that a decision will be taken soon. elhamdolellah :)

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
abdoon said:
Yes, an agent called my brother 2 days before Feb 29 and told him that a decision will be taken soon. elhamdolellah :)
Great, and that call was from the VISA office in CAIRO or from CPP-Ottawa?

abdoon

Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
Ontarioer said:
Great, and that call was from the VISA office in CAIRO or from CPP-Ottawa?
The application was processed completely in CPP-Ottawa, that agent called from CPP-O. I've got only 1 mail from Cairo VO requesting the passport along with 2 photos.

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
Have you checked this, someone already is starting a legal action
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cairo-visa-office-t69666.1485.html
going back to this. Yes, I have seen this before. Do we need to just register and sign it. And once we have 100 signature we will send it? and then what do we expect the minister to do?

mroliveland

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
abdoon said:
The application was processed completely in CPP-Ottawa, that agent called from CPP-O. I've got only 1 mail from Cairo VO requesting the passport along with 2 photos.
Does this mean that CPC-O takes around two months only for processing? This is a very good timeline.

abdoon

Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
mroliveland said:
Does this mean that CPC-O takes around two months only for processing? This is a very good timeline.
This is what happened (el hamdo lellah). BTW, I'm a Canadian and I have 2 Canadian children. I am in Canada now and I am only sponsoring my wife. If your case is similar, you'll probably have the same timeline for your application. As far as I know, if you don't have kids, you will probably have to wait longer and they will ask you for evidences to prove your relation with your spouse is genuine.

salyrm

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Ontarioer said:
Ok, here is what I think you should be doing.
your mom, or a lawyer should take the copy and go to the Court which issued the original marriage certificate. they will get it notarized and this will be a certified (Notarized) copy. This copy can then be taken to (Wezarat EL 3adl) and be translated. I would then take both copies to (Wezarat Alkharjiyah) and get it notarized there too. Not sure if that last step is really required, however if it is easy, I would do it just in case.

If someone else have more information to add or confirm what I said, that would be appreciated.
Thanks Ontarioer

I hope this won't take much time as I am too tight with the deadline given to me by CIC

Thanks again

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
salyrm said:
Thanks Ontarioer

I hope this won't take much time as I am too tight with the deadline given to me by CIC

Thanks again
You are welcome.
And BTW, I did the notarization from the court before and it is same day process, so the lawyer can do it in the same day. And if you start this early, then you may be able to get it to the Ministry of Justice the same day. at the ministry however, It will take about 7 days to take it back.

Wish that helps.

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
abdoon said:
This is what happened (el hamdo lellah). BTW, I'm a Canadian and I have 2 Canadian children. I am in Canada now and I am only sponsoring my wife. If your case is similar, you'll probably have the same timeline for your application. As far as I know, if you don't have kids, you will probably have to wait longer and they will ask you for evidences to prove your relation with your spouse is genuine.
Yes, that makes sense. Especially if it is new marriage, it usually takes longer. We got our marriage done only two months before we applied. First, our file got lost in CPC-M and they said they can not have any evidence that they received it.
Unluckily, I lost my CANADA-POST receipt for my package.
I had to go to the MP office and they informed her that if I do not find the tracking number I may have to send the whole file again.
Ok, I had to sleep on this for a whole day till I was able to find the tracking number, do not ask me how i found it, it was a miracle.
After that, it took them a month to get back to me with the AOR and then the transfer to Ottawa after 3 weeks. Alhamdo le Allah I did not need to send the file again, it was gonna take me forever to collect all the documents.
Now, we are impatiently waiting for any notification, hope to hear from them soon.
Wish everyone the best in this life and the hereafter.

mroliveland

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Ontarioer said:
Yes, that makes sense. Especially if it is new marriage, it usually takes longer. We got our marriage done only two months before we applied. First, our file got lost in CPC-M and they said they can not have any evidence that they received it.
Unluckily, I lost my CANADA-POST receipt for my package.
I had to go to the MP office and they informed her that if I do not find the tracking number I may have to send the whole file again.
Ok, I had to sleep on this for a whole day till I was able to find the tracking number, do not ask me how i found it, it was a miracle.
After that, it took them a month to get back to me with the AOR and then the transfer to Ottawa after 3 weeks. Alhamdo le Allah I did not need to send the file again, it was gonna take me forever to collect all the documents.
Now, we are impatiently waiting for any notification, hope to hear from them soon.
Wish everyone the best in this life and the hereafter.

I think the processing time at CPP-Ottawa would be better than that of the visa office in Cairo. We don't really have info regarding CPP-Ottawa but I hope they will take less time. By the way, are all the files transferred to CPP-Ottawa? My file is still at CPC-M (received Feb 10) and haven't yet heard from them. Likely it will be traneferred to CPP-O

abdoon

Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
mroliveland said:
I think the processing time at CPP-Ottawa would be better than that of the visa office in Cairo. We don't really have info regarding CPP-Ottawa but I hope they will take less time. By the way, are all the files transferred to CPP-Ottawa? My file is still at CPC-M (received Feb 10) and haven't yet heard from them. Likely it will be traneferred to CPP-O
I heard that since the revolution, all the applications were sent to CPP-O. I don't know whether the VO in Cairo has been back on track or not. Hopefully it isn't, because it is the worst VO in the world :S