Interview........
06-02-2012
Passport Req..
2-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2013
congratulations everyone wish you the best dont worry bondar everything gonna be ok good luck

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Hi everyone,

I'm working on my Egyptian husband's PR application, and I have a question about "certified true copies." According to the guide:

Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.

So which photocopies need to be certified like this? The photocopies of his passport pages, our marriage certificate (Arabic), the qaid aeli (Arabic), and his birth certificate (Arabic)? The Canadian embassy offers "True copy of original" for $20 CAD / 120 LE, but I don't want to waste $80 / 500 LE if it's not necessary. Please advise!! :)))

Thanks so much,
Rachel

p.s. I'm also curious about people's experiences with processing times - the CIC website says the average time to process the sponsored person's application in Egypt has been 14 months, has that been people's experience? Four years ago it was taking ~5 months!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsuannahr said:
Hi everyone,

I'm working on my Egyptian husband's PR application, and I have a question about "certified true copies." According to the guide:

Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.

So which photocopies need to be certified like this? The photocopies of his passport pages, our marriage certificate (Arabic), the qaid aeli (Arabic), and his birth certificate (Arabic)? The Canadian embassy offers "True copy of original" for $20 CAD / 120 LE, but I don't want to waste $80 / 500 LE if it's not necessary. Please advise!! :)))

Thanks so much,
Rachel

p.s. I'm also curious about people's experiences with processing times - the CIC website says the average time to process the sponsored person's application in Egypt has been 14 months, has that been people's experience? Four years ago it was taking ~5 months!
According to IMM 5491E and CIC guide:
Supporting documents must be in English or French. If they are not, send a certified translation with a copy of the originals. Which means this applies only to:
marriage certificate (Arabic), the qaid aeli (Arabic), and his birth certificate (Arabic) and the finger printing (faesh we Tashbeh)
CIC said:
Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
•the English or French translation; and
•an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
•a certified copy of the original document.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.
[tr][td]

Translations by family members are not acceptable.

Who can certify copies?

Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:
Outside Canada:
•a judge
•a magistrate
•a notary public
•an officer of a court of justice
•a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

Family members may not certify copies of your documents.
That is why we say get them translated in the department of justice. Remember to take them to foreign affairs before translations. So the stamp would be translated however if I remember foreign affairs stamp is already in English.

Regarding passport (according to 3912e):
Passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing the passport number, date of issue and expiration, your photo, name, family name (surname), date and place of birth.

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Ohhhh, so you send ORIGINALS of the qaid aeli (stamped by khargia), marriage certificate (stamped by khargia), criminal check (stamped) and birth certificate (as is) with your application, along with the certified translations? The only thing that should be photocopied is the passport?

Also, I'm a bit confused about short form vs. long form birth certificate, the version of the birth certificate we have (Arabic) is smaller than a regular 8.5 x 11 size piece of paper, and the English translation only lists my husband's mother's name, not his father's name. Did we translate the short form version by mistake?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsuannahr said:
Ohhhh, so you send ORIGINALS of the qaid aeli (stamped by khargia), marriage certificate (stamped by khargia), criminal check (stamped) and birth certificate (as is) with your application, along with the certified translations? The only thing that should be photocopied is the passport?

Also, I'm a bit confused about short form vs. long form birth certificate, the version of the birth certificate we have (Arabic) is smaller than a regular 8.5 x 11 size piece of paper, and the English translation only lists my husband's mother's name, not his father's name. Did we translate the short form version by mistake?

Thank you so much for your help!!
No
According to IMM5491E:

Photocopy of your marriage certificate, (that is required from the sponsor)
According to 3912e:
Send originals of the forms (items 1 to 5 below or the immigration forms) and police certificates.
Send photocopies of all other documents, unless instructed otherwise. If your documents are not in English
or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.
So the rest are photocopies of the original.

CIC said:
Police certificates
The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.
The only original out of the documents you have mentioned would be police certificates.

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Which brings me back to my original question... for those of you who made photocopies, did you have all of them certified as true copies by the Canadian embassy (or another office) for 500 LE? I just want to know whether we have to have them certified as true copies or not, and the cheapest way to do this if we do. (Or, are you saying that having a stamp from the khargia on the originals means that the photocopies of these documents don't have to be additionally certified as true copies?)

Thanks!

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
shamsuannahr said:
Which brings me back to my original question... for those of you who made photocopies, did you have all of them certified as true copies by the Canadian embassy (or another office) for 500 LE? I just want to know whether we have to have them certified as true copies or not, and the cheapest way to do this if we do. (Or, are you saying that having a stamp from the khargia on the originals means that the photocopies of these documents don't have to be additionally certified as true copies?)

Thanks!
i dont know what true copies mean ,,,but i know that el khargia wount stamp any photocopies ,, khargia stamp original only
u send photo copy of the arabic documents plus the translation version ..just the police criminal record you send the original plus translation and u stamp it from el khargia before u translate it because they translate the stamp as well

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
fox82 said:
i dont know what true copies mean ,,,but i know that el khargia wount stamp any photocopies ,, khargia stamp original only
u send photo copy of the arabic documents plus the translation version ..just the police criminal record you send the original plus translation and u stamp it from el khargia before u translate it because they translate the stamp as well
So when you sent your photocopies, you sent them without getting them stamped with anything? Even the photocopy of the passport pages? And your application wasn't returned?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fox82 said:
To answer your question
CIC said:
Certified true copies

•“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
•the name of the original document,
•the date of the certification,
•his or her name,
•his or her official position or title, and
•his or her signature.
Who can certify copies?
Outside Canada:
•a judge
•a magistrate
•a notary public
•an officer of a court of justice
•a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

Family members may not certify copies of your documents.
I hope this link about photocopied documents helps;
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/photocopied-documents-who-signs-t93887.0.html

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
shamsuannahr said:
So when you sent your photocopies, you sent them without getting them stamped with anything? Even the photocopy of the passport pages? And your application wasn't returned?
yes i did stamped the papers before get it photocopied and before it is translated
for example >>>

Family record composition >>>you get the arabic version stamped by el khargia (foreign affairs ) then>> take it to approved translation office then>>the translation office will attach a photocopy of the arabic version to the translation version and stamp them together by his own approved stamp

you safe the original arabic version with you and send a copy with the translation

Birth ceritificate >>you can get original English version from ministry of health (share3 magles el sha3b)

military certificate >>>i didnt stamp it from el khargia ...i just translated it

police criminal record >>> send the ORIGINAL ATTACHED WITH THE TRANSLATION after you stamp it

Marriage certificate >>you have the arabic version right ?>>stamp it from el khargia >>take it ministry of justice (Ramsis street) they will translate it and stamp the english version by their own stamp (now you have original english marriage certificate ) >>then stamp the english version from el khargia >>>and if you want you can take the english version to stamp it by Canadian embassy in cairo therfore your marriage is recognized by candian authorities (this step cost you 260 pound)>>>you send photo copy of both Arabic and english versions ...safe the both original for you

send a photo copy of the passport

wish you good luck

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fox82 said:
Marriage certificate >>you have the arabic version right ?>>stamp it from el khargia >>take it ministry of justice (Ramsis street) they will translate it and stamp the english version by their own stamp (now you have original english marriage certificate ) >>then stamp the english version from el khargia >>>and if you want you can take the english version to stamp it by Canadian embassy in cairo therfore your marriage is recognized by candian authorities (this step cost you 260 pound)>>>you send photo copy of both Arabic and english versions ...safe the both original for you
I do not think this step was necessary
Your marriage is legallly recognized by Canada if it were legal in the country where it was performed. I could be wrong but that is what I read. They recognize common law, conjugal same sex won't they recognize legally married opposite sex couples!

On another note fox, I sent you a message

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
not sure Dr Eng x if this step is necessary or not but i read it on the web page of the canadian embassy in cairo ,,

For divorced female applicants, a three-month period must be observed between a divorce and contracting a new marriage according to the Egyptian Muslim law.

For the marriage to be accepted by Canadian authorities:

Take the marriage certificate to the legalization office in 57 Ramses Street – Dar El Kaddaa El Aly for translation.
Then take the translation to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for legalization;
The legalized translation of the marriage certificate should then be presented to the Consular Section of the Canadian Embassy for authentication; fee is EGP 310 (CAD 50)

here is the link http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/egypt-egypte/consular_services_consulaires/marriage-mariage.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

yes i got ur message i replied it too

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fox82 said:
not sure Dr Eng x if this step is necessary or not but i read it on the web page of the canadian embassy in cairo ,,

For divorced female applicants, a three-month period must be observed between a divorce and contracting a new marriage according to the Egyptian Muslim law.

For the marriage to be accepted by Canadian authorities:

Take the marriage certificate to the legalization office in 57 Ramses Street – Dar El Kaddaa El Aly for translation.
Then take the translation to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for legalization;
The legalized translation of the marriage certificate should then be presented to the Consular Section of the Canadian Embassy for authentication; fee is EGP 310 (CAD 50)

here is the link http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/egypt-egypte/consular_services_consulaires/marriage-mariage.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

yes i got ur message i replied it too
I got your message and replied as well if there is a thread or I can create one to what documents you need to get from Egypt.

Here is a document needed very often in either US or Canada. Your trasncrpits "Statement of Grade" Transcripts are issued from the registar office and are enclosed. If the envelop is opened it is not official. In Egypt get your transcripts then seal them in official envelopes of the university then stamp on the envelop cover

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsuannahr said:
From
PMM said:
Hi

Look over the checklists again. For the sponsor, there are only copies or originals required, no certified/notarized copies. The Regional US checklist doesn't list any either.

Where you are probably having problems is this and it is that the translation is certified, not the document and only if they are not in French or English,.

Assemble all your documents as listed. Check () each applicable item on the list and attach the list to your documents (a paper clip will do). Send originals of the immigration forms (items 1 to 5 below) and police certificates. Send photocopies of all other documents, unless instructed otherwise. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.
I concluded (and by analysis) that notarized (certified) true copy is only required for translations. In other words, whoever is going to translate will have to certify that the translation is true copy. You just sumbit a photocopy of your passport.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t88236.0.html

According to 3912e:

Send originals of the forms (items 1 to 5 below) and police certificates.
Send photocopies of all other documents, unless instructed otherwise. If your documents are not in English
or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

I will need to update the steps again with this.

Amattullah

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2010..Approved of sponsorship
File Transfer...
10/02/2011..Application recieved at Cairo
Med's Request
28/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
HI Everyone...

I have little problem.. I am trying email the visa office to inquire abt the medical results since they havent contacted yet..
I sent an email last week.. and I am sending it again 2nite.. But I dont seem to be getting that Automatic reply massage that you are supposed to receive soon after you send your email to confirm that they received it..
Does this mean my emails are not reaching them..

I am sending to this email. re-cairo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca