10/11/2010..Approved of sponsorship
File Transfer...
10/02/2011..Application recieved at Cairo
Med's Request
28/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
lilyy00 said:
i've been calling the embassy for a week or so & i can't reach any representative to speak with, is there any number other than the one on their site ? how do you reach them ?

I have never seen them answer any calls, whenever I called the front desk lady would answer and she doesnt transfer the call. She always said sorry maam but they dont take any calls send them email.. It is very annoying

.. if you even want to visit the visa office they have to give you an appointment and that is only if they need you to come... they just give me headache.. contacting them is frustrating.. ..
I don't know about anyone else but that is my experience..and of course I am talking abt the visa office, not the embassy as a whole..

But I really hope you contact them soon Lily.. and while you are trying to get hold of them,, u should also send them email.

Good luck..

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations fox, good luck in your future, let me know if I can help in Canada. Which province will be your destination?
Good Luck

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilyy00 said:
i've been calling the embassy for a week or so & i can't reach any representative to speak with, is there any number other than the one on their site ? how do you reach them ?
The Canadian Embassy in Cairo was supposed to be a representation of Canada. The last time I was there the security was telling people what forms to fill and was letting people in or out (only if they have the complete package). If you do not have all the forms they won't let you in!! Hell.... I demanded to see the ambassador so they let me in. A security is only for security!! Once, inside the embassy you won't be happy!
They are implementing the Canadian system totally wrong! Here in Canada if they accept only computer filled forms there has to be computers so when you get stuck or can not fill something you can have some help! Besides they can not only have 2hours to answer questions! Not that the Canadian system is the best!
If the Canadian embassy in Cairo is under staffed they need to hire more.

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
i sent them email however it wasn't received ( delivery failure ) , i tried calling them , choosing any option so as to be able to speak with anyone but i wasn't able to reach anyone , i don't know how to reach them i need my wedding photos , they were supposed to send them back with the passport as they did with all the people , some people they sent the photos back with passport & others they contact them to come to the embassy & pick up the photos themselves :mad:

bondar

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Miss 21 July 2011
AOR Received.
Cairo 28 Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Ottawa pilot 22 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
medical received Dec 9 2011
Interview........
8 FEB 2012
Passport Req..
13 FEB 2012
VISA ISSUED...
7 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Mar 2012
I HAVE GREAT NEWS

MY HUSBAND RECEIVED THIS EMAIL THIS MORNING

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the family class category.

Please be informed that an interview has been arranged for you at the Canadian Embassy in Cairo, Egypt on Wednesday 08 February 2012 at 09:30 a.m.

You must be on time and in possession of the following supporting documents:

- Original passport or any other legal identification document and a photocopy.
- Marriage certificate, with an English translation-
- Birth certificate, with an English translation.
- Proof of ongoing relationship between you and sponsor (photos, exchanged letters, exchanged emails, wedding photos, etc.)

Please confirm your attendance by return email at your earliest convenience .

Regards,

Visa Section/Section des visas
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
6, Mohamed Fahmy ElSayed Street, Garden City
P.O.Box 57 Magles El Shaab
Cairo, Egypt/ le Caire, Egypte
Email: cairo.visa @ international.gc.ca
Téléphone | Telephone.: (202)2791-8833 - Mitnet 392-3437
Télécopieur | Facsimile Fax:(202)2791-8864 - Mitnet 392-3914
Gouvernement du Canada | Government

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW LONG WE WILL HEAR SOMETHING AFTER THE INTERVIEW?

I'M EXCITED AND FRUSTRATED AT THE SAME TIME. MY FUTURE IS IN SOMEONE ELSES HANDS NOW TO DECIDE.

INSHALLAH IT WILL ONLY BE GREAT NEWS AND IT WILL BE SOON. THREE MORE WEEKS OF THIS THEN WHO KNOWS HOW MUCH LONGER BUT I PRAY NOT MUCH MORE

SO MY EMOTIONS ARE VERY MIXED RIGHT NOW

I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST OF NEWS AND SOON INSHALLAH

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bondar said:
I HAVE GREAT NEWS

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the family class category.

Please be informed that an interview has been arranged for you at the Canadian Embassy in Cairo, Egypt on Wednesday 08 February 2012 at 09:30 a.m.

- Proof of ongoing relationship between you and sponsor (photos, exchanged letters, exchanged emails, wedding photos, etc.)

Regards,

I'M EXCITED AND FRUSTRATED AT THE SAME TIME. MY FUTURE IS IN SOMEONE ELSES HANDS NOW TO DECIDE.

INSHALLAH IT WILL ONLY BE GREAT NEWS AND IT WILL BE SOON. THREE MORE WEEKS OF THIS THEN WHO KNOWS HOW MUCH LONGER BUT I PRAY NOT MUCH MORE

Congratulations, it will be O.K.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for the question. It must have been answered before but I did not read it. What is the pilot office?

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
Mels said:
Soooooooooooooooooo happy for you Fox !!! One more week (or so) and the waiting is FINISH !!!

Have you started to pack and decide when would be the big moving date ?? :D

I know that my husband still doesnt believe that it is almost finish for us! He wont start parking until he sees the Visa in his hand ;D

I agree with you ! This forum made a big difference during... I received lots of help and even made some good friends :)

~ Mels
thank you so much Mels yes finally it is over one week is nt long lol :)
you and me are had very long timeline with cairo office :D but thx God it is over
your turn is the next i am sure this week u will get e mail from embassy with the good news
let us informed

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
Amattullah said:
Woow.. Congrats fox...I am happy for u

Can ask you when was your meds received.
Did they inform you that it was received or they just proceeded with da next step..

Good luck with everything else..
thank you Amattullah hope you have the good news sooner
about medical i did the 2nd medical on November 26th ,,, on e-case ,until now it doesnt show any updates about the 2nd medical ..they proceeded with the next step sending me that e mail

many people say you cant rely on e-case alot they dont update it frequently

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
ameenah06 said:
Congratulations Fox! Your help was very useful and informative this past year. Wish all the best for you and your wife inshAllah.
hi ameenah thank you so much how are you doing with your application ? are you in egypt or canada ?i wish the best for you and your spouse with the application and all ur life

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
mish29 said:
Fox82

cONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS FRIEND/BROTHER!!! i been watching your story for a while now, Alhamdulillah brother!! Wish you all the best in your life with your wife!! Great for you, you really deserve it, we all do too, but like I said brother your wait was a waiiiiittt!!! Alhamdulillah!!! ;) :D ;D :) ;)
helloo mish 29 thanks alot ..yes you know the story lol my wait was long not only me mels too and others members but alhamdullah it is over ..we all deserve it :) they cant prevent us being with our loved ones just it was frustrating waiting game ::) ::)

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
Dr Eng X said:
Congratulations fox, good luck in your future, let me know if I can help in Canada. Which province will be your destination?
Good Luck
thanks Dr Eng x i wish you good luck with your application as well and make sure this forum is the best to get any help ,,evry body here helped me alot

i will be in province of New Brunswick where are you live in canada ?,,thanks for offering help ..i wount hesitate if i needed :)

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
lilyy00 said:
i sent them email however it wasn't received ( delivery failure ) , i tried calling them , choosing any option so as to be able to speak with anyone but i wasn't able to reach anyone , i don't know how to reach them i need my wedding photos , they were supposed to send them back with the passport as they did with all the people , some people they sent the photos back with passport & others they contact them to come to the embassy & pick up the photos themselves :mad:
it is very they dont send the photos and letters back what they need them for ..hope they send mine with the passport ....lily which e mail address you sent on ,,, i always send e mails to embassy and they reply meand there is automatic confirmation message you get after sending ..i use this address and usually they reply cairo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca.... did u use it or another one ,,,??? use this one if u didnt ,,,

through phone they dont help at all i tried call before so my wife did and always we were told to send e mails ,,,,i think you shoul keep trying untill they reply u

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
bondar said:
I HAVE GREAT NEWS

Regards,

Congratesssss bondar wish your husband pass this inerview easy ,,
- they may take his passport in same day or e mail in the same week ..i know some friend has been a month now and didnt hear from them after his interview ..it is not the same in all cases
HAVE FAITH AND HOPE AND INSHALLAH GOOD NEWS IS COMING . just let your husband prepare the evidence of ongoing relation GOOD LUCK

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
fox82 said:
it is very they dont send the photos and letters back what they need them for ..hope they send mine with the passport ....lily which e mail address you sent on ,,, i always send e mails to embassy and they reply meand there is automatic confirmation message you get after sending ..i use this address and usually they reply cairo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca.... did u use it or another one ,,,??? use this one if u didnt ,,,

through phone they dont help at all i tried call before so my wife did and always we were told to send e mails ,,,,i think you shoul keep trying untill they reply u

thank you fox i do appreciate your help , i sent email to the address you gave me & i received an automatic confirmation message , i sent the previous email to another email address indicated on their site however it seems that this email is the right one