CAIRO VISA OFFICE

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Khaledious said:
I Don't think you need to go back though, You're wife just needs to go to El Sigil El Madani, and print out a marriage certificate and birth certificate in English( 100pounds each), Get a Feish and tashbeeh from any police station, and go translate it in Wizart El 3adl, and if you have the original mirrage deed translate it also, stamp it all fe el dakhalya, and sent it all to you then you can fill out the papers, and you can start. Why do you need to go back?
I have prepared the application and sending it soon. I just mention that I will be away from her for a full year.

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Nykro said:
Hi,

So I have a question, let's say I get CSQ from Quebec and I want to apply for PR. Since my work-permit will be ending before I get the PR, I'm not sure I will be able to maintain a legal status to stay in Canada. Thus I thought about applying for PR back home in Egypt... so my question is, What's the processing time on average? and who in the visa office processes the documents? and how long does it take to get from Mississauga to the Cairo office?

Lets say I apply for PR from inside Canada, which part of the process do I have to reach to be able to work again in Canada assuming my PGWP has expired? and on average how long does it take to get to that point?

Sorry for so many questions but it's very important.

Thank you
Love how I got ignored!

iabdellah

Jan 10, 2017
I'm in the same situation as some of you. I'm sponsoring my wife who lives in Egypt, and I live in Canada. I've been approved as a sponsor and her application is 'In Process' since November 24, 2016 (I applied October 1st). My guess is that they work on applications in batches. There has been no movement on her application since November 26, and I'm starting to worry there might be a problem some where. I even ordered the NOTES, and they should nothing new.

She is pregnant with twins, who will automatically have Canadian citizenship at birth, but it is frustrating having to wait so long for an application to come through. Even the background check has not yet started. This is a very taxing situation as I cannot just leave work and travel to Egypt, and might miss the birth of my kids.

iabdellah

Jan 10, 2017
Nykro said:
Hi,

So I have a question, let's say I get CSQ from Quebec and I want to apply for PR. Since my work-permit will be ending before I get the PR, I'm not sure I will be able to maintain a legal status to stay in Canada. Thus I thought about applying for PR back home in Egypt... so my question is, What's the processing time on average? and who in the visa office processes the documents? and how long does it take to get from Mississauga to the Cairo office?

Lets say I apply for PR from inside Canada, which part of the process do I have to reach to be able to work again in Canada assuming my PGWP has expired? and on average how long does it take to get to that point?

Sorry for so many questions but it's very important.

Thank you
It is very difficult to guess on what the processing time will be. I would have to say the average time is about 6 months for the Cairo VO, but your situation can be different. In my case, it took about a week to get the application from Mississauga to the Cairo VO, so its pretty fast.

I don't have any experience or knowledge about applying from within Canada, so I don't want to give any wrong information. Maybe someone else here has more information about it?

Khaledious

Dec 27, 2016
Man that's rough :( I don't understand why this takes so long 5 months and 0 progress, god be with you. I really hope you get to witness your twins bearthe

RayneQ

Mar 5, 2017
Hi guys.

I've sent a Transit (visitor) Visa application since 15 days which is passes the 11 processing time stated on their website. My travel is on the 29th of March. I'm FREAKING OUT x.x

What should i do????!

Thanks!

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RayneQ said:
Hi guys.

I've sent a Transit (visitor) Visa application since 15 days which is passes the 11 processing time stated on their website. My travel is on the 29th of March. I'm FREAKING OUT x.x

What should i do????!

Thanks!
You should NEVER count on their estimated times. They often take longer. Also, in Cairo application get refused first time.

iabdellah

Jan 10, 2017
Just got passport request a couple of days ago!

Sponsorship took exactly 5 months. My advice to everyone is don't take the online status in MyCIC etc. to be of any value. Mine did not update AT ALL until after the decision was made.

Good luck to all inshallah!

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
iabdellah said:

Sponsorship took exactly 5 months. My advice to everyone is don't take the online status in MyCIC etc. to be of any value. Mine did not update AT ALL until after the decision was made.

Congratulations,
They started processing my application at same time as yours. Did they send you a letter or how they requested the passport ?

iabdellah

Jan 10, 2017
Hopeful2016 said:
Congratulations,
They started processing my application at same time as yours. Did they send you a letter or how they requested the passport ?
Thank you. They requested the passport by giving me a phone call as well as sending me an email with all necessary instructions. If they started processing at the same time as my application, then you should also expect them to contact you soon.

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
iabdellah said:
Thank you. They requested the passport by giving me a phone call as well as sending me an email with all necessary instructions. If they started processing at the same time as my application, then you should also expect them to contact you soon.
Thank you so much

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
iabdellah said:

Congrats for the visa!!! Same thing here, they did not update the status until the COPR...
If there's no red flag, Cairo visa office is very fast! 4 months here. 8)

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Nykro said:
Love how I got ignored!
Try to post your question on the right thread... Here are sponsoring questions.