waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
CairoCouple said:
No, there won't be an election soon. It just means that the current Prime Minister is abusing his power and that one or both chambers of the legislature have ended all legislative business until the governor general or lieutenant governor issues a proclamation calling for a new session of parliament to begin. So yes, it's temporary (one month is this case). This also happened a few years ago, by the same Prime Minister. It seems to be his way to buy time so he gets what he wants.

To quote the Globe and Mail:

"Stephen Harper has once again shuttered Parliament, proroguing the Commons until mid-October in a move that ensures he won't face opposition questions on the Senate expenses scandal for an extra month."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/governor-general-formally-prorogues-parliament/article14305321/
I understand a little bit, but not all of the posted reply
because my language not good enough to understand all of the political vocabulary :)

anyway, i want to ask , according to what you said , will the Cairo office contact the MP again ??

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
CairoCouple said:
Not too worry, there was a lot of political jargon in that last post. :) Basically what is happening is that the MPs are off work for the moment, so I thought maybe that was a reason they are not getting back to people, but I'm not sure. The Cairo office should respond to the MPs, but keep in mind that I think they can only give a general answer. I don't know that they can comment on each specific case, at least from my experience. All they can tell you is, yes, the office is open and we are working on cases. As long as you are within the official wait time, which is currently posted at 18 months, then they can't really say anything else about your case except that they are working on it. They will update the official wait time at the end of November. There is a chance you could get lucky, like my husband and I, and get the visa earlier than that. Let's just hope that is the case, and if it is we can thank the people working at the office for that!

I hope that is clearer! I really do hope you get good news soon! Happy Thanksgiving for all those in Canada! :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you :)

I hope that , but according to the CIC website , the next update for the processing time at end of this month , because the last update was in end of July, and they updated it quarterly ( every 3 months ) !

Oh, CairoCouple , thank you very much really I am very grateful for your continuous help to me, you are my only way :)

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
mosaab said:
Happy Thanksgiving to you :)

I hope that , but according to the CIC website , the next update for the processing time at end of this month , because the last update was in end of July, and they updated it quarterly ( every 3 months ) !

Oh, CairoCouple , thank you very much really I am very grateful for your continuous help to me, you are my only way :)
The end of this month! Great, let's hope it goes down from 18, and let's also hope you are with you family for Thanksgiving next year (but of course sooner) to see the wonderful fall colours. :)

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
CairoCouple said:
Not too worry, there was a lot of political jargon in that last post. :) Basically what is happening is that the MPs are off work for the moment, so I thought maybe that was a reason they are not getting back to people, but I'm not sure. The Cairo office should respond to the MPs, but keep in mind that I think they can only give a general answer. I don't know that they can comment on each specific case, at least from my experience. All they can tell you is, yes, the office is open and we are working on cases. As long as you are within the official wait time, which is currently posted at 18 months, then they can't really say anything else about your case except that they are working on it. They will update the official wait time at the end of November. There is a chance you could get lucky, like my husband and I, and get the visa earlier than that. Let's just hope that is the case, and if it is we can thank the people working at the office for that!

I hope that is clearer! I really do hope you get good news soon! Happy Thanksgiving for all those in Canada! :)
As far as it goes when contacting your local MP, there are a few things that should be included if it is via email. All pertinent information from the applicant such as application number, DOB, country of birth, file class (same as when you send an e-mail to the VO its self). This gives them consent to follow up on the file specifically. if in person from what I have seen of others on here they are required to fill in paper work of which I only assume this information is included.

If your MP is not giving you answers it is your right to continue to contact them. Perhaps the VO has not gotten back to them, but in my case it took 2 days. So don't give in so easily. Sometimes (unfortunately)
people will be lazy and just tell you something to get you to leave them be.

Take Care
MadeIncanada

eyas

Aug 5, 2013
CairoCouple said:
The end of this month! Great, let's hope it goes down from 18, and let's also hope you are with you family for Thanksgiving next year (but of course sooner) to see the wonderful fall colours. :)
Hi CairoCouple
I am preparing to send my application, should i do the medical examination now? or I wait untill they ask me to do so?

Note:
I am applying as FAM

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
eyas said:
Hi CairoCouple
I am preparing to send my application, should i do the medical examination now? or I wait untill they ask me to do so?

Note:
I am applying as FAM
No, you have to send it with the file
you should doing it ASAP

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
MadeInCanada said:
As far as it goes when contacting your local MP, there are a few things that should be included if it is via email. All pertinent information from the applicant such as application number, DOB, country of birth, file class (same as when you send an e-mail to the VO its self). This gives them consent to follow up on the file specifically. if in person from what I have seen of others on here they are required to fill in paper work of which I only assume this information is included.

If your MP is not giving you answers it is your right to continue to contact them. Perhaps the VO has not gotten back to them, but in my case it took 2 days. So don't give in so easily. Sometimes (unfortunately)
people will be lazy and just tell you something to get you to leave them be.

Take Care
MadeIncanada
Sure i did it,
when my wife contacted the local MP, they asked her to sign consent form by the husband principal applicant ( Me ) , that we give them full permission to share the data about my file, the Paper has been signed, and i remember i filled all of wanted information as application number, DOB, country of birth, file class

eyas

Aug 5, 2013
mosaab said:
No, you have to send it with the file
you should doing it ASAP
Thanks Mossab
But looking to your time line I see that you done your medical examination on 18-05 after you submitted your application on 20-03, was it mistake and you don't me to fall on it, please advice..

Note: This is the first I am gonaa submit to Visa office in Cairo, I have one of my relative he gone through the same process and he adviced me not to do the medical examination unless they ask me to do so, according to him the visa issued stamp will be constrained by the medical examination expiry date, please advice, i am very confused..

Thanks alot

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
eyas said:
Thanks Mossab
But looking to your time line I see that you done your medical examination on 18-05 after you submitted your application on 20-03, was it mistake and you don't me to fall on it, please advice..

Note: This is the first I am gonaa submit to Visa office in Cairo, I have one of my relative he gone through the same process and he adviced me not to do the medical examination unless they ask me to do so, according to him the visa issued stamp will be constrained by the medical examination expiry date, please advice, i am very confused..

Thanks alot
there is misunderstanding,
ya i filled my application in 20-03-2013, not sending it, i mean in filled that i answered all of the questions in the forms
then i went to medical exam at 18-05-2013, then sending the whole applications to Mississauga i think in the beginning of June,

i hope it clear now !

eyas

Aug 5, 2013
mosaab said:
there is misunderstanding,
ya i filled my application in 20-03-2013, not sending it, i mean in filled that i answered all of the questions in the forms
then i went to medical exam at 18-05-2013, then sending the whole applications to Mississauga i think in the beginning of June,

i hope it clear now !
Thanks Mosaab

My case it little bit different than you...
My wife is protected person in Canada, when she applied for her PR she included me as dependent in her application...
days ago she got the below letter from CIC:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence, It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status

The overseas office in CAIRO is responsible for processing the applications for permanent
residence of your family members outside Canada.

Please note that application forms for your family members will not be sent by the mission. You
or your family members are responsible for obtaining and completing the required application
forms for all listed dependants, which must be sent to the visa office in CAIRO. The required
application forms IMM0008 and Schedule A for your dependants are to be obtained on the
internet at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/menu-outside.asp.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my case is not like your which is you have sponsored by your family, then you send your application to Canada, No, in my case i have to send my application directly to Visa Office in Cairo to get Visa on my passport, then when i land i can get my PR directly...

Do you know anyone with same case?

Thanks

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
eyas said:
Thanks Mosaab

My case it little bit different than you...
My wife is protected person in Canada, when she applied for her PR she included me as dependent in her application...
days ago she got the below letter from CIC:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence, It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status

The overseas office in CAIRO is responsible for processing the applications for permanent
residence of your family members outside Canada.

Please note that application forms for your family members will not be sent by the mission. You
or your family members are responsible for obtaining and completing the required application
forms for all listed dependants, which must be sent to the visa office in CAIRO. The required
application forms IMM0008 and Schedule A for your dependants are to be obtained on the
internet at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/menu-outside.asp.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my case is not like your which is you have sponsored by your family, then you send your application to Canada, No, in my case i have to send my application directly to Visa Office in Cairo to get Visa on my passport, then when i land i can get my PR directly...

Do you know anyone with same case?

Thanks
you are welcome bro,
Aha , just now i understand you, i think you can save some times, and i think your processing maybe faster than us,
Good luck in your mission :)

and i hope you still here to tell us what will happen with you

eyas

Aug 5, 2013
mosaab said:
you are welcome bro,
Aha , just now i understand you, i think you can save some times, and i think your processing maybe faster than us,
Good luck in your mission :)

and i hope you still here to tell us what will happen with you
For sure Mosaab I will be here all through the way to Canada :)

And by the way I have no issues to send all the docs required, but what I afraid of is the validity period for some docs, especially the medical examination, in this case i will be requested to re do it again, right?

Do you guys know anyone else has the same case as mine?

Br

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
eyas said:
For sure Mosaab I will be here all through the way to Canada :)

And by the way I have no issues to send all the docs required, but what I afraid of is the validity period for some docs, especially the medical examination, in this case i will be requested to re do it again, right?

Do you guys know anyone else has the same case as mine?

Br
Actually this is the first time i hear about your case !
but about the medical we all have the same, we are risky to the same thing, sometimes they extend the med exam to 6 months or one year after the expiration

so don't worry to much about this point !

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...