+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Taz0891

Jun 8, 2013
Citizenship and Immigration Canada said all visa offices remain open and are providing service. The department has hired temporary staff to process applications. It is training existing staff from the department on an urgent basis so they can work on visas and some staff are working overtime.

"CIC is also shifting more work to Canada and to overseas offices that have additional capacity," a spokeswoman for immigration minister Chris Alexander said.

The department is urging people who need a visa to apply as early as possible.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
khilo said:
my MP told me the same thing in regards to ppl getting it before me... she wont even believe it saying it is impossible

meh
Your MP is a crackhead. Print a copy of the spreadsheet for the Embassy in your country and then have her explain it. We have all seen many cases that have leap-frogged past applications sent in months before it.

MP's are fooking morons.

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Your MP is a crackhead. Print a copy of the spreadsheet for the Embassy in your country and then have her explain it. We have all seen many cases that have leap-frogged past applications sent in months before it.

MP's are fooking morons.
Do you think it could be a situation where those cases are more straight forward and so got their visas sooner? I'm guessing cases that require more attention due to red flags, etc might take more time to process? Or are people thinking that is seems pretty random in general?

Also, good to hear that some services will still be provided at the Embassy. I know it will more than likely mean an increased wait time and hold things up, but at the very least it isn't at a stand still. Here's to hoping it all gets resolved quickly and that wait times decrease in the future!

On another note, I sent in updated pictures to add to my file, i.e photos when my parents came to visit us in Cairo for three weeks, and also proof of my planes ticket for when I was with my husband in Egypt. I plan to visit again in a few months, and will do that same thing. Adding information to your file can only make your case stronger, so I encourage people to do that.

Continued good luck to all

Can_Lily

Jul 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
CairoCouple said:
Do you think it could be a situation where those cases are more straight forward and so got their visas sooner? I'm guessing cases that require more attention due to red flags, etc might take more time to process? Or are people thinking that is seems pretty random in general?

Also, good to hear that some services will still be provided at the Embassy. I know it will more than likely mean an increased wait time and hold things up, but at the very least it isn't at a stand still. Here's to hoping it all gets resolved quickly and that wait times decrease in the future!

On another note, I sent in updated pictures to add to my file, i.e photos when my parents came to visit us in Cairo for three weeks, and also proof of my planes ticket for when I was with my husband in Egypt. I plan to visit again in a few months, and will do that same thing. Adding information to your file can only make your case stronger, so I encourage people to do that.

I'm doing the same but was wondering once they receive emails from us would there be someone to handle given the strike and all, or will they just sit around in their inbox since staff members have left office?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
CairoCouple said:

My case was straight forward and it didn't help me get processed any faster. I believe they follow no prescribed order. Newer applications get mixed with older ones. There can be no other explanation as to why my application would sit unopened for 6 months while many others that arrived long past get approved and completed.

I would only add to your application if you feel that what you have already submitted was insufficient. It doesn't take a tonne of pics and documents to prove your case but only the quality of what you send. Order your GCMS notes and see what, if anything, the VO's have concerning your relationship.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
CairoCouple said:

With regards to the simple or straight forward cases being done faster, it is not the case. I did not have an open and shut case at all. In total there were 7 red flags for our case. I can only think it is random, and perhaps my insistence with following up with new information to our file. I openly admit that I was sickeningly sweet in all communication to the VO as well. ;D

In the end though, I just feel we were lucky/blessed. For whatever reason the file took 6 months.

Care to give me your MPs number, I will gladly let them know there is no order, and I am proof!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MadeInCanada said:
With regards to the simple or straight forward cases being done faster, it is not the case. I did not have an open and shut case at all. In total there were 7 red flags for our case. I can only think it is random, and perhaps my insistence with following up with new information to our file. I openly admit that I was sickeningly sweet in all communication to the VO as well. ;D

In the end though, I just feel we were lucky/blessed. For whatever reason the file took 6 months.

Care to give me your MPs number, I will gladly let them know there is no order, and I am proof!
I was blatantly direct and sarcastic in my correspondence to MPs and CEM/CIC. There were no red flags at all with our file yet it took 13 months. The only time movement was made was when I complained. I'm not the only one who had to do things this way.

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
MadeInCanada said:

Based on this it does seem pretty random, though I imagine there are a large number of people in the same boat as us right now who are not on this site, so we don't see what they are going through. Anyway, I'll keep waiting and adding information to my file as it is necessary. Definitely my husband meeting my parents for the first time (and pictures to prove it), as well as visits to see him add value to our case and show them that our relationship is real.

And yes, six months is great! You're very lucky!

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
MadeInCanada said:

How do you order the notes on your file? Is this how you knew you had red flags? Do you think because they were looking at your file a lot, i.e adding info to it, etc that could be why you got moved along faster?

Thanks!

Silent-words

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
07-02-2012
CairoCouple said:

my case don't have even one flag me and my wife same country same religion I am older than her by 6 years and I live in Canada from more than 6 years ago and our file start from march 2012 so 17 months ago and they didn't finish it till now.. so I think its random

Can_Lily

Jul 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
What are examples of red flags?

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
Can_Lily said:
What are examples of red flags?
Age gaps, different religions, small/informal wedding, knowing eachother for a short period of time before being married, previous relationships... (just a few to get ya started)

Can_Lily

Jul 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
CairoCouple said:
How do you order the notes on your file? Is this how you knew you had red flags? Do you think because they were looking at your file a lot, i.e adding info to it, etc that could be why you got moved along faster?

Thanks!
Below are links to help you order your notes. The process can be done online. You must be in Canada and it will cost you 5 bucks. Make sure you choose "Access to Information" NOT "Privacy" act. I found a few posts on this forum detailing the order process but I couldn't find them again now.

I ordered notes for my husband's application, so we both needed to sign a consent form. I had him print it, sign it, and scan it for me. Also make sure you choose "Electronic Files" NOT "Physical Files" when they ask for the type of information or they will actually take your case file out from the pile and photocopy everything and then your case file will go back to the end of the queue (or so I've read on this forum)!

It's pretty straightforward. Order them and wait.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Hope this helps.

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
Can_Lily said:
Below are links to help you order your notes. The process can be done online. You must be in Canada and it will cost you 5 bucks. Make sure you choose "Access to Information" NOT "Privacy" act. I found a few posts on this forum detailing the order process but I couldn't find them again now.

I ordered notes for my husband's application, so we both needed to sign a consent form. I had him print it, sign it, and scan it for me. Also make sure you choose "Electronic Files" NOT "Physical Files" when they ask for the type of information or they will actually take your case file out from the pile and photocopy everything and then your case file will go back to the end of the queue (or so I've read on this forum)!

Hope this helps.
It does help, a lot. Thank you for taking the time to write it out!

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
Can_Lily said:

Hope this helps.
I did not know that you need to order the electronic file :(
does that mean that mine is going to take forever ?