Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2014
hello every1,
I'm new to this forum as I was googling to get any information how long it takes to process sponsorship application?
I was in egypt couple of month ago & I collect all my husbands application wz all supporting documents to send them from canada to CPC in mississauga today considered a month.
some of my friends who have gone thr this took only 6 month over all in canada and egypt.
I've been married for two years but actually am living here in canada as a permenant resident & I don't trust cairo visa office coz my husband was applying for skilled worker immigration and after 3 years they refused him for no reason................ then I got to know that canada is closing immigration in many countries.
that's why I've been waiting for so long.

hope to hear from u guys a good news

Amattullah

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2010..Approved of sponsorship
File Transfer...
10/02/2011..Application recieved at Cairo
Med's Request
28/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Hello to All
It has been long since I have been to the forum..
To honest it is really frustrating waiting for news... I dont know abt any of u who have been waiting very long for their application. My husband and I are waiting for our application to be completed for 19 months now.. I am not sure What to do..
they are not asking for anything or any interview.. our second medical is abt to expire again on october... I always email them and all they say is "your application is pending both medical results and background checks,, we will contact you when they are cleared out." I am not even sure what that means.... why would background checks and medical results take this long... Please if anyone has any advise I would appreciate it.. thank you

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
Hiiii everybody

is there is any sponsorship applicant from Sudan in this form ??!!!!!
plz contact to share our process.

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 09, 2012 (CAIRO) Feb 20 2012 (CPP-O)
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
Amattullah said:
Hello to All
It has been long since I have been to the forum..
To honest it is really frustrating waiting for news... I dont know abt any of u who have been waiting very long for their application. My husband and I are waiting for our application to be completed for 19 months now.. I am not sure What to do..
they are not asking for anything or any interview.. our second medical is abt to expire again on october... I always email them and all they say is "your application is pending both medical results and background checks,, we will contact you when they are cleared out." I am not even sure what that means.... why would background checks and medical results take this long... Please if anyone has any advise I would appreciate it.. thank you
There are things you can do for sure.
1- Make du3aa Allah sobhanaho wa ta3ala speeds things up. But, you have to have faith in Allah and rely on him. Things go with the will of Allah and are not in the officer's hand
2-After relying on Allah and making do3aa, start using the available means. The only thing that I know is going to the MP office, they can push CIC a bit. as long as you passed the average time, then Inshaa Allah they can push them to get things done.

May Allah make it easy for you and your husband. Pleasing Allah and being thankful and grateful to him under any conditions is always the best thing. If you think there is something you are doing that displeases Allah repent and seek his help and support.

All the best

gigotheking

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO/Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 and february 2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2012/csq received july 24th
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
Med's Request
extended till feb 14th 2014
Med's Done....
02-03-2012/results received july 9th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb14th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
march 5th 2013
LANDED..........
verrrry soooooon
hi guys, so i am new in this forum, so i am sponsoring my wife and i live in quebec

and here is my time line

-got married in feb 18th 2012

-meds are done in march 2012

-application sent april 10 2012

- sponsorship approved july 9th 2012. and sent to cairo office

- july 11th 2012 sent application for the certificat de selection du quebec( usually takes 20 open days to get a response)

- july 11th 2012, medical results have been received

and now waiting for the next step .. so can anybody tell me what will be my next step now ?

Thanks for your help

Amattullah

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2010..Approved of sponsorship
File Transfer...
10/02/2011..Application recieved at Cairo
Med's Request
28/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Ontarioer said:
There are things you can do for sure.
1- Make du3aa Allah sobhanaho wa ta3ala speeds things up. But, you have to have faith in Allah and rely on him. Things go with the will of Allah and are not in the officer's hand
2-After relying on Allah and making do3aa, start using the available means. The only thing that I know is going to the MP office, they can push CIC a bit. as long as you passed the average time, then Inshaa Allah they can push them to get things done.

May Allah make it easy for you and your husband. Pleasing Allah and being thankful and grateful to him under any conditions is always the best thing. If you think there is something you are doing that displeases Allah repent and seek his help and support.

All the best
Ontarioer.. Jzk Allaah for the advise..
I trully believe in Allaah and his will,.. and I never get tired of making dua.. thats basically what keeps me calm through out this tough times.... I tell myself that everything is in the hands of Allah as you have said it and indeeed that is true.. But what I am trying to increase is my effort,... Allah helps those who put effort, I mean I am tired of just sitting around and waiting for them ... I email them all the time and I keep on getting the same answer....

I tried to call the MP of Toronto in my area.. but I think I got a dissconnected number from the enternet...I will keep looking for the number...If you come to know of any other ways.. Please let me know...

Thanks again.. and May allah help u tooo... and all of us..

hope12

Mar 26, 2012
Does anybody know what is the exact mailing address to the Canadian Embassy in Cairo? I am very confused with it.... I got one with a street address and another one with a P.O Box and no zip code? Anybody knows? And is it safe to send documents to there through DHL?

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope12 said:
Does anybody know what is the exact mailing address to the Canadian Embassy in Cairo? I am very confused with it.... I got one with a street address and another one with a P.O Box and no zip code? Anybody knows? And is it safe to send documents to there through DHL?
what is kind of documents that u will send it to them n why you want to send documents to them? the address is
Visa Section/Section des visas
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
6, Mohamed Fahmy ElSayed Street, Garden City
P.O.Box 57 Magles El Shaab
Cairo, Egypt/ le Caire, Egypte
Email: cairo.visa @ international.gc.ca
Télécopieur | Facsimile Fax:(202)2791-8864 - Mitnet 392-3914
Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada

hope12

Mar 26, 2012
Isnt the 6 Mohamed Fahmy the street address and not mailing adress? Do I put both on the envelope or just the P.O Box 57 part? I just dont want the envelope to get lost... as it seems on their website that the mailing adress is only the P.O. Box 57?

mroliveland

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
It's over. My wife got the visa.

It took three weeks for the embassy to issue the visa. The file sent to Ottawa (CPP-O). I heard the approval from Ottawa and the visa is issued at the Cairo visa office.

There were areas of weakness in my case. I overcome this by providing a very detailed statement explaining these areas in details with full honesty. In addition, after the 3-month processing at CPC-M and transferring the file to CPP-O, I sent a supplementary package showing the progresses that took place during those three months. If you feel that your case has some "holes", write a statement to support your case against these holes and do not leave it for the officer to "speculate" or "suspect" anything wrong. In the statement, also explain in details how the relationship started and how progressed, and plans to establish your family in Canada. Everything in the statement was supported with documentation (even if it is not required). Therefore, I went beyond the basic requirements by having very strong letters of support from my employers. I also issued notarized letters of affidavits from my family members and close friends. I think those helped a lot although they are not required. It took me big efforts to issue these letters but glad that they paid off in the end.
Know that filling the forms only is not enough for success and avoiding the interview. Explain everything in details with honesty (especially the weak areas and do not leave them for the officer assumption). Provide documentation for everything even if it is not required. Many of these documents I provided were even certified as true copies to increase the credibility. Be familiar about the criteria they use in evaluating the genuineness of any relationship and mention in your statement how you meet some of these criteria and explain in honesty why you do not meet others. By reviewing these criteria, you would know the areas of weakness you have in your case. You will be able to know these criteria (and mistakes of others) by going over the reasons of case rejection, appeal cases and court decisions. These are available on some web sites posted on this forum.

I did not use a lawyer to represent my case but I asked a lawyer just to review my file and provide feedback. It did not cost much (just few hundreds of dollars for reviewing the file and providing feedback). The feedback of the lawyer was greatly helpful. The lawyer guided me about what to do to overcome the weakness areas by providing certain number of documents and the statement of explanations...the lawyer went over the forms, my statement and documents to ensure accuracy and completeness. I highly recommend doing the same..just consulting a lawyer to go over the forms and provide feedback rather than paying thousands of dollars to represent you. It is better to handle the file by yourself as you will have the freedom of direct communication with the CIC rather than going through the lawyer (it does not make difference whether or not you are represented by a lawyer but it makes a big difference if you have a lawyer going over your file for review and feedback). I surprised how my lawyer was able to detect many things that I did not pay attention to. My lawyer has very decent experience. I found this lawyer accidentally through the internet and we were communicating through email and express mail (the lawyer is out of my province).

The documents were organized in a way that makes it very easy for the reviewer to go over them quickly and in a short time. This is very important as you have large numbers of documents to present and if they are not organized, the officer might lose the track leading to negative impressions and misunderstanding or confusion resulting in a call for interview.

For those who asked about the timeline of visa issuance at Cairo office, it takes 3-4 weeks to issue the visa but I heard that it can take up to 6 weeks (so you can say 4-6 weeks in average.. may be more or less depending on their workload). You send the passport with two photos via the DHL. Once the visa is issued, they call for pick up. Therefore, do not forget to provide a cover letter showing several phone numbers to be called on.

It was indeed a very stressful process that exhausted mentality, time, money and efforts. Have faith that things are NOT controlled by human beings but actually they are in the hands of our God. Nevertheless, you still have to do your part very well.

I have decided to drop the lines above with my hope they will of any kind of help to others who are still on the road. I have decided to write as I own this forum a lot and it was the key of success although it was a cause of depression as well. It's time now to leave this forum for ever.

I wish you all the best from my deepest heart as I know how difficult the process is. If there is any question, feel free to ask.

farnardo

Jul 14, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2014
Congratulations mroliveland for the family reunion ,, u really gave us some points on the spot .. but I want to ask u something if i want to resend some extra papers like I wasn't working when I first send the application now I'm working.. how to resend this info?
I've another thing that I didn't mentione in the application is that my husband had applied for skilled worker 2 years ago but cairo visa office sent him a refusal letter saying that his job is not yet available under the skilled worker category .. that's why am starting all over .. should I write about this?
I'm so confused whether to write it or not coz many ppl says contradictory opinions.

at the end I know that everything is working for our good .. jst waiting for God's timing

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farnardo said:
Congratulations mroliveland for the family reunion ,, u really gave us some points on the spot .. but I want to ask u something if i want to resend some extra papers like I wasn't working when I first send the application now I'm working.. how to resend this info?
I've another thing that I didn't mentione in the application is that my husband had applied for skilled worker 2 years ago but cairo visa office sent him a refusal letter saying that his job is not yet available under the skilled worker category .. that's why am starting all over .. should I write about this?
I'm so confused whether to write it or not coz many ppl says contradictory opinions.

at the end I know that everything is working for our good .. jst waiting for God's timing
they will refuse your whole application and they wont let your husband come to canada during the next two years and he cany apply before that two years because of lying and we had person here sprite her husband when he applied for skilled workers visa he didnt mention that he married to that gurl and he went Canada and he stayed there n he became PR so he sponsor his wife who called sprite who was member here and they rejected her file bcz her husband lied from the begining and didnt say the truth about he is married when he applied for skilled worker visa and they didnt only rejected her as an applicant but they also they took legal situition against him honestly you need to council lawyer

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mroliveland said:

It took three weeks for the embassy to issue the visa. The file sent to Ottawa (CPP-O). I heard the approval from Ottawa and the visa is issued at the Cairo visa office.

There were areas of weakness in my case. I overcome this by providing a very detailed statement explaining these areas in details with full honesty. In addition, after the 3-month processing at CPC-M and transferring the file to CPP-O, I sent a supplementary package showing the progresses that took place during those three months. If you feel that your case has some "holes", write a statement to support your case against these holes and do not leave it for the officer to "speculate" or "suspect" anything wrong. In the statement, also explain in details how the relationship started and how progressed, and plans to establish your family in Canada. Everything in the statement was supported with documentation (even if it is not required). Therefore, I went beyond the basic requirements by having very strong letters of support from my employers. I also issued notarized letters of affidavits from my family members and close friends. I think those helped a lot although they are not required. It took me big efforts to issue these letters but glad that they paid off in the end.
Know that filling the forms only is not enough for success and avoiding the interview. Explain everything in details with honesty (especially the weak areas and do not leave them for the officer assumption). Provide documentation for everything even if it is not required. Many of these documents I provided were even certified as true copies to increase the credibility. Be familiar about the criteria they use in evaluating the genuineness of any relationship and mention in your statement how you meet some of these criteria and explain in honesty why you do not meet others. By reviewing these criteria, you would know the areas of weakness you have in your case. You will be able to know these criteria (and mistakes of others) by going over the reasons of case rejection, appeal cases and court decisions. These are available on some web sites posted on this forum.

I did not use a lawyer to represent my case but I asked a lawyer just to review my file and provide feedback. It did not cost much (just few hundreds of dollars for reviewing the file and providing feedback). The feedback of the lawyer was greatly helpful. The lawyer guided me about what to do to overcome the weakness areas by providing certain number of documents and the statement of explanations...the lawyer went over the forms, my statement and documents to ensure accuracy and completeness. I highly recommend doing the same..just consulting a lawyer to go over the forms and provide feedback rather than paying thousands of dollars to represent you. It is better to handle the file by yourself as you will have the freedom of direct communication with the CIC rather than going through the lawyer (it does not make difference whether or not you are represented by a lawyer but it makes a big difference if you have a lawyer going over your file for review and feedback). I surprised how my lawyer was able to detect many things that I did not pay attention to. My lawyer has very decent experience. I found this lawyer accidentally through the internet and we were communicating through email and express mail (the lawyer is out of my province).

The documents were organized in a way that makes it very easy for the reviewer to go over them quickly and in a short time. This is very important as you have large numbers of documents to present and if they are not organized, the officer might lose the track leading to negative impressions and misunderstanding or confusion resulting in a call for interview.

For those who asked about the timeline of visa issuance at Cairo office, it takes 3-4 weeks to issue the visa but I heard that it can take up to 6 weeks (so you can say 4-6 weeks in average.. may be more or less depending on their workload). You send the passport with two photos via the DHL. Once the visa is issued, they call for pick up. Therefore, do not forget to provide a cover letter showing several phone numbers to be called on.

It was indeed a very stressful process that exhausted mentality, time, money and efforts. Have faith that things are NOT controlled by human beings but actually they are in the hands of our God. Nevertheless, you still have to do your part very well.

I have decided to drop the lines above with my hope they will of any kind of help to others who are still on the road. I have decided to write as I own this forum a lot and it was the key of success although it was a cause of depression as well. It's time now to leave this forum for ever.

I wish you all the best from my deepest heart as I know how difficult the process is. If there is any question, feel free to ask.

your case wasnt that must diffcult to make all this battles body plus Palestine husband married to palestine wife and the sponsor is the husband and they are from same country may be not much age gap and same languages and culture religion and many more issues same and common so your case wasnt that much oh god hard to make all this things that you said plus you body use a lawyer oh really people here who have many bad and harsh things in thier file and drama opposite from you nothing is same as you plus 20 years gaps and in same time they made it without no body no lawyer advices and they been through interview
so body be humble
and congratulation mister champion

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mroliveland said:

by the way mister champion here was in that thread great guys who could made it by their selves without nohelp and not much easier case as yours many much